Oh, my lord. Cincinnati. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oh, my lord. Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
Does Cronin himself see the writing on the wall if it is coming and start looking at other open spots?

Reaction Score
The bottom half of the AAC has improved markedly since the league was born.

Unfortunately the top half hasn’t. Good, but not elite teams.

Next year a resurgence of Memphis, Wichita State, and UConn will strengthen the middle of the AAC. And in two years I think we will see the top of AAC putting teams in the tourney whom are nationally elite.

Reaction Score
What do you do with Cronin? At what point will such a good regular season coach find himself on the hot seat?
Thank you for asking that, I did not want to be the first one.

Reaction Score
You people crack me up. Cincinnati just won the conference title and won 28 games with probably the least talented team they’ve had in a while. Mick isn’t going anywhere.
I give them credit as they overachieved during the season. They were also something like 13-2 in games decided by 5 points or less. Thats crazy.

Reaction Score
To me, they have benefited most from UConn and Memphis sucking for the most part since 2015. Cincy has decent teams that get inflated from beating up on American teams. Then they go to the tournament and can't handle a team like Iowa who limped to the finish line.

I think as we and Memphis improve, Witchia grows and Houston continues that Cincy will fall more into the middle of the league. They are kind of like a poor man's Pitt back in the day. They will win their 25 games and are always old, but don't have the true game changer (Kemba, Shabazz) to win in the tournament.
They're your classic program that looks so much better in conference play, far better than they should. Whenever they play outside of it they get exposed.

Poor man's Pitt for sure. Pitt was always more disappointing to me because they were far better and always flamed out.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Half this board thinks that regular season success and consistent NCAA tournament appearances are preferable to inconsistent seasons and occasional National Championships.
I think it has more to do with performance against expectations.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Can one really get us “back” to a Final 4/championship level playing in this league?
As an overall program and it’s floor, no.

For a singular year when a player has a breakout season and reaches AA caliber, then yes. But then after the season it’s right back to the unpredictable.

Reaction Score
Thank you for asking that, I did not want to be the first one.

Yea. A suspected it may be a stupid question for me to ask. You can do a helluva lot worse than Mick. But....

Reaction Score
Yea. A suspected it may be a stupid question for me to ask. You can do a helluva lot worse than Mick. But....
You can do a lot worse, for sure.

Of course, better coaches have been fired for going further before losing.

Keep Mick but let him know, sweet 16 or bust by 2020 or 2021.

Reaction Score
Half this board thinks that regular season success and consistent NCAA tournament appearances are preferable to inconsistent seasons and occasional National Championships.

I don't think anyone would prefer the former when the NCAA tournament appearances result in embarrassing eliminations more often than not. Correct me if I'm wrong but the team used as an example of consistent success and appearances in this debate is usually Kansas.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Houston looked like a final four team vs us .... (but that was us). Then played Memphis tight and not so good vs Cincy last weekend. If they don't choke, that will be a surprise to me.

Reaction Score
But I don't believe anyone actually said that or even eluded to it, did they?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom