Official UCONN vs Mizzou prediction thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Mizzou prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
33-12...

IF the stars align and the boys come together...23-20 good guys. Puyol from 44 at the buzzer.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I am as optimistic as it gets. Not this week however. Sadly....very sadly.....Mizzou 38 UCONN 17

Reaction Score
UConn 24 Mizzou 17. UConn grinds out a win, Mizzou has 2 turnovers.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
31-14 bad guys :-/

If everything falls into place I could see 24-17 UConn but it would probably take a pretty flawless 60 minutes.

Reaction Score
I want to believe but think it'll end up something like 33-17, which is respectable to me.

Reaction Score
We keep it within 10 until a long FG cuts it to 6. Mizzou driving when Carrezola and Campenni combine to cause a fumble in UConn territory that Luke returns to midfield. Shirreffs and company mix in some short passes and runs and finally a scramble down to the 10 yard line when he gets some dirt in his eye and has to leave the game. Boyle rips a quick out into the third row before finding Bloom alone in the back of the end zone for 6. Conversion good Huskies win 24-23.
Then I wake up just in time for the kickoff.

If you can predict at that level of detail, then it must be true. There's really no other explanation. . .

Reaction Score
UConn wins! Missouri commits 9 turnovers, and we rake in seven field goals and a TD. Also, three of their key starters get suspended for the game because they miss a mandatory practice.

28-24, Huskies!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If EVERYTHING plays out right: UConn plays A+ game with no mistakes, 1 or less penalties, high conversion rate on 3rd and 4th downs, perfect OL play, and stout defense PLUS Mizzou plays a C- game with a few turnovers, plenty of penalties, poor tackling, and a missed FG or two then we have a shot. But that's too many things that need to play out perfectly.

Realistically, I expect Mizzou to be ready to play this game. While we're not restored to our 2009-2010 levels quite yet, we are still a school brand that people across the country have heard of. Southeast Missouri St and Arkansas St aren't exactly names that get anyone's blood pumping. I'm not saying that their players/fans will be jacked up like they're going to play Alabama or LSU. But it will be a game that they will be more ready to play than the first two.

I expect us to make a few mistakes - a turnover, and probably a few illegal procedure/false start penalties because of crowd noise. We'll probably have a key drop by someone in a critical moment and get stuffed on a few important 3rd or 4th downs. I also expect that Missouri will make plays. Plays that Nova and Army just don't have the talent to make. We might be playing something perfectly but they will be able to connect because they have talent. It happens.

We haven't fared well in road games in recent seasons. That doesn't bode well. We also didn't fare well against triple option before Saturday and defended that very well...so I suppose there is hope.

With my UConn glasses on after drinking UConn Kool-Aid ALL WEEK and listening to nothing but our fight song on my iPod since Sunday AM: UConn 26-20;
Realistic prediction: Mizzou 30-14 (and I would be thrilled with this, to be honest)

I think we are 1 year away from being able to go into a game like this and think/expect a W. Bah humbug, I know.

Reaction Score
Even if they do win, UConn isn't the team that blows opponents out (typically). I think our defense will keep the game a relatively low scoring match, for the most part, on the road. Offense generally avoids mistakes, and hits their stride in the second half. Hopefully special teams steps up.

UConn 28, Mizzou 20.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Realistic prediction: Mizzou 30-14 (and I would be thrilled with this, to be honest)
Good post overall and I think most would agree. I just wanted to comment on this line though. I can realistically see being "happy" (i.e. looking on the bright side) of a 30-14 loss so long as it's one of those games where it's competitive throughout. Don't be down 27-0 going into the 4th quarter and score two garbage time touchdowns against backups. Keep it close at halftime and close enough in the second half that one mistake by Mizzou can have them sweating bullets. I'd like to be within 10 points in the 4th quarter. At that point if Mizzou executes and extends the lead, you tip your cap to them.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
We didn't play GREAT this week, but whatever we're 2-0... I watched the Mizzou game vs. Arkansas State on Saturday night. AS led the game at the half and almost waiged a comeback- but threw a pick late. 27-20 Missouri.

They're a totally beatable team guys... Shaky QB play at best, and not a great line on either side of the ball. If we can get some passing TD's from Bryant, run the ball well and step-up our pass rush I think we could really win this one.

I'm saying 21-17 UConn in the season's biggest upset so far (minus that Toledo win against Arkansas last week, or Temple over PennState week before)

Reaction Score
Arkansas state's self inflicted wounds made Missou's Defense look better than they were. USC plummled Arkansas State 55-6 in week 1.

Vertucci must get creative and come up with some plays outside the box, visa vi Boise State. In order to have an edge, UCONN needs some trick plays to make up for the talent gap. Protect the ball as they have been.

Defense must protect the edge, wrap their arms, tackle and get to the QB.
If they do...

UCONN 31 - Missouri 27

Reaction Score
They're a totally beatable team guys... Shaky QB play at best, and not a great line on either side of the ball. If we can get some passing TD's from Bryant, run the ball well and step-up our pass rush I think we could really win this one.

I agree that our offensive line is not very good at all right now, but I disagree about the defensive line. That has been our calling card for several years (#DLineZou) though we are a bit inexperienced there. They have played well so far (15 tackles for a loss in the Arkansas State game). Of course you can attribute that to the LBs, particularly Kentrell Brothers as well.

I expect we will struggle on offense but I have quite a bit of confidence in the defense.

Reaction Score
No way UCONN can take on the SEC elite. Remember what happened when the Huskies had to take on the Gamecocks in the Papa Johns?

Same thing. Physical and staunch D coupled with a solid run game and opportunistic play action. We win the turnover battle 3-1.

We win the game 20-17.

If we play mistake free football, I still think we can win, however I think it will be 35-28 Missouri. If we do win, will be get an 'others receiving votes' in the poll?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
First test for our secondary, Mizz has an adequate QB and athletic WR's (although they will drop passes). Their running game is the worst we've seen all year and their OL is not much of a step up from Villanova and Army. Pinkel is smart, he's not going to run the ball into the teeth of our defense for 2 yards a pop; he'll spread us out and force our LB's to make tackles and safties to cover. I don't respect the Mizz WR's or OL enough to say that Mauk will torch us, but I except he'll make a few more plays than Robertson did Week 1 and lead them to 24-27 points or so (including the 2-3 turnovers we'll probably have).

I doubt Missouri finishes with more than 375 yards, and might be as low as 300 with their lack of a running game. They seriously did not look good vs. a way worse FCS team than what we saw and an Arkansas State team that isn't as good as they were last year (hit by graduation).

Different story on the other side of the ball. Villanova has an FBS caliber defense for sure (Army not so much), but this is obviously the best D we'll see all year. We won't be able to run the ball at all with this OL vs. one of the strongest front 7's in the SEC, and I'm not optimistic Shirrefs is ready to throw vs. an SEC school...as much as I like him. I honestly think their defense will destroy us.

24-7 Missouri, we cover at least.

Reaction Score
After two weeks our defense is playing well. I think the trend continues. We shock them a little on offense arkel has a good game our TEs have a good game. However the only way I see us winning is a low scoring contest. Their RB is out so I think the puppies out last the kittens. UCONN is the victor 20-17.

Reaction Score
49-47 Uconn.

We win on a last second Hail Mary type play. Completing a huge second half comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom