Official UCONN vs Mizzou prediction thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Mizzou prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Score: First half 24-6 - Don't know about the second half but it never gets close.

Sorry Stray, but my bet is we'll have the lead in the second half. We may not win in Missouri Saturday but my sources on the team say we will win all of our home games and (surprise) play for the AAC title. Before the season began I urged you all to bet on UConn over 3 wins. Any doubters about that now? This is a team that is still undiscovered. We are much better than anyone thinks. Too many skeptics on this board. You can be sure of one thing, unlike the last three years this team has zero doubts, none, about its ability to compete with anyone. Just watch this Saturday.

Reaction Score
Sorry Stray, but my bet is we'll have the lead in the second half. We may not win in Missouri Saturday but my sources on the team say we will win all of our home games and (surprise) play for the AAC title. Before the season began I urged you all to bet on UConn over 3 wins. Any doubters about that now? This is a team that is still undiscovered. We are much better than anyone thinks. Too many skeptics on this board. You can be sure of one thing, unlike the last three years this team has zero doubts, none, about its ability to compete with anyone. Just watch this Saturday.

I am expecting a defensive struggle. I can't see Missouri consistently moving the ball on offense. If our defense plays like its capable and the offense takes the next step, I still think we lose but it's a close game going into Q4. For us to win we need to bring our A game and Mizzou brings their C game or less. Thats this year. We are headed in the right direction.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I am expecting a defensive struggle. I can't see Missouri consistently moving the ball on offense. If our defense plays like its capable and the offense takes the next step, I still think we lose but it's a close game going into Q4. For us to win we need to bring our A game and Mizzou brings their C game or less. Thats this year. We are headed in the right direction.

I just want the Mizzou fans to want their coach fired after the game. Like old times. I think we can win this one.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If we play mistake free football, I still think we can win, however I think it will be 35-28 Missouri. If we do win, will be get an 'others receiving votes' in the poll?
The only thing that will happen in the polls if UConn wins is Missouri won't be receiving any votes most likely.

For UConn to receive votes, they'll need to beat Missouri and beat Navy pretty handily. Even then they probably need to beat BYU just to get some votes. You don't go from 2-10 to receiving votes with wins over an FCS team, Army (who is probably worse than Nova), and a team that just struggled to beat Arkansas State.

Reaction Score
I just want the Mizzou fans to want their coach fired after the game. Like old times. I think we can win this one.

I have a funny feeling about it too. I don't think that we have unveiled much of our offense or what our defensive alignments are actually going to look like. We controlled the Nova and Army games more than the score indicated. If (and its a big IF) we can get some decent pass protection, we have even better playmakers than I expected this year. Eliminate the stupid penalties and finish drives and we have a better chance at an upset than I thought going into the year. That being said, them 23 us 21. I hate that I can't just take the leap to pick the good guys. Next year, look out! :)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Missouri doesn't have a competent running game at the moment and the best we can say about UConn's offense is that it is better than last year...which really isn't saying a whole lot. That said, if UConn can keep the scores in the mid-20s or lower, I think they have a shot. If one of the scores is in the upper 20's or higher, I don't like the chances for UConn coming out on top.

Reaction Score
Quick reality check that leads to two questions. We are playing an SEC team on the road after multiple horrendous seasons. Are we better than last year...most definitlely. Are we ready to beat an SEC team on the road...doubt it. Will I still be rooting like crazy...absolutely.

Q1. Does the unbridled optimism shown here turn ugly and kill the good will earned to date if we lose by the spread number (21)?

Q2. We lose 27-13 in a relatively well played, defensive battle, with no really painful moments (e.g. Famous fumble on first carry). Everyone fairly content?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Quick reality check that leads to two questions. We are playing an SEC team on the road after multiple horrendous seasons. Are we better than last year...most definitlely. Are we ready to beat an SEC team on the road...doubt it. Will I still be rooting like crazy...absolutely.

Q1. Does the unbridled optimism shown here turn ugly and kill the good will earned to date if we lose by the spread number (21)?

Q2. We lose 27-13 in a relatively well played, defensive battle, with no really painful moments (e.g. Famous fumble on first carry). Everyone fairly content?

Not to split hairs on your choice of adjectives but, I'd say most poster's optimism on this thread is quite bridled. As many have pointed out, we would need to play an almost perfect game, including using an expanded play book, and Mizzou would have to play far below their potential, for us to have a realistic chance of pulling out a W on Saturday.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
4th and 1 from the UConn 32 yard line. 52 seconds left to play. Mizzou lines up in the shotgun and tries to run a QB power with Mauk but CT Native Matt Walsh is having absolutely none of it. Walsh sheds the block and stuffs Mauk in the backfield but its close. Refs bring the chains out and hes short by 1 chain link. UConn kneels it out and all you hear from the crowd is "U-C-O-N-N" chants belting out loudly a la Notre Dame in 2009. UConn 17 Mizzou 14. Book it.

Reaction Score
20-17 Bad guys.......This score gives the whole boneyard community much optimism however, it only indicates to the mainstream media and national audience that Missouri must have problems and again we get trashed on.

Reaction Score
Realistically, I see a slow start, but Mizzou gradually pulling away. If we control for mistakes, I see a 27-13 score. If we wind up with too many turnovers, its Mizzou 34-6. Hate to see us lose by more than the spread.

I still will be pulling all out for our Huskies...........Remember Danny O putting it to Iowa State---and that was an ISU team ranked in the top 15 early in the season.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Missouri 17 UConn 16
Yep, this is the score I settled on today pondering the game. Its either lose by 1 or get blown out 45-10. We might play 3 qtrs with them, but not 4.

Reaction Score
31 - 20 UConn

Recap: We beat them down all game long. They get lucky after its effectively over with a fluke score.

Reaction Score
31-17 Mizzou. We'll keep it close for a bit, but I think the crowd and Mauk take over in the second half.

Reaction Score
I don't have much faith in Vechery and Samra to hold up 4Qs against Mizzou. I think we cover fairly easily but still lose by 2 possessions, 28-17.

Reaction Score
I don't have much faith in Vechery and Samra to hold up 4Qs against Mizzou. I think we cover fairly easily but still lose by 2 possessions, 28-17.

This is the question. Most positions on the field they don't dominate us physically. On D they could give us problems. On the other hand lesser teams found a way to score on them so hard to guage. Worst thing would be to give them too much credit and shut down our own offense. Run the offense and make them prove they're that good.

Reaction Score
This is the question. Most positions on the field they don't dominate us physically. On D they could give us problems. On the other hand lesser teams found a way to score on them so hard to guage. Worst thing would be to give them too much credit and shut down our own offense. Run the offense and make them prove they're that good.

I don't recall seeing too many called roll outs in the first 2 games. That would be one way to counter the pressure.

I also hope they use the shot gun with a few read options with Newsome.

I don't think they stay close without an expanded playbook with a few new wrinkles.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen I have the feeling that UConn may actually win this game. Realistically speaking it is a long shot for UConn to win, but something tells me it will happen. With the Absence of Hansbrough, I think that this kind of offense will be too much for Missouri to adjust from, considering their primary RB is also partially injured (Concussion, but passed the test), along with the-now 2nd string and 3rd-string (Upgraded to Probable as of 9/17).

Not to reiterate what has been said before, but I strongly believe that Verducci has a game plan up his sleeve that we haven't seen so far, I mean, with Navy coming up the following week, it would make sense to flash some schemes before Conference play, right? Just to get Navy thinking that our offense isn't as simplistic as it appears. I believe with Missouri's current state of Offense it will be handled at least respectively by the UConn front 7 in a tight match-up where I would also hope the Veteran Core of Safeties can handle the young group of WR's for Missouri in double or single coverage. I'm hoping the core of Stewart, Walsh, and Vann at LB will solidify the mig-range passing game, as I saw Missouri do a small handful of times to the RB.

I watched the entirety of the Arky State Game, and another thing I noticed, as most probably have, is the aggressiveness of Missouri. Some screens and Shotgun PA with a decent block or two should be enough for Shireffs to get the game rolling. Stretch runs from under center, or any run plays between tackles I believe will be almost 100% ineffective, or minimally effective at best, unless combined with a passing game that has hopefully been effective to that point (I'm relying on the TE Duo of Myers and Bloom to really step up like they have been so far). If we can get Brothers (All-American LB) and Mauk to make some mistakes, this game will be closer than many think. I'll be re-watching the Arky State/Mizzou game later tonight, hopefully catching some negatives for Mizzou that I may have missed.

Final Score: UConn 21, Missouri 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog