Official UCONN vs Mizzou prediction thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Mizzou prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
13 Huskies
9 Cats

We ain't scoring 30, but our D will hold them. We will see some new wrinkles in defense, get ready for Defense 200!

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
This team is starting to believe, I'm seeing progress. Even a little sniff at winning can have any underdog believing anything is possible. This may not be "the" year most are saying, but I believe UCONN makes this closer than some believe. If we are within 3 or a head by 3 at the half, QB BS manages the game well and pulls out a close one 21-17 Huskies.

Reaction Score
I'm with "94". When exactly did Missouri become some kind of dynasty program? We're giving these guys waaay too much credit. This is going to be a smashmouth football game and we have actual coaches who can coach now. They've played nobody. I hope our players aren't as brainwashed as this board is. Come off the cliff guys we have a chance here. I'm not buying the hype!

Reaction Score
Make Arkeel Newsome the #1 back and pass a lot. Mistakes kept at a minimum (perfect execution would be preferable), strong defense and we can win. A stout D with offensive execution can win the game.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Dear lord the kool-aid has a strong blue tint. I like seeing a little enthusiasm but dang.

31-16 Mizzou. Third straight game with a blocked XP.

Reaction Score
Dear lord the kool-aid has a strong blue tint. I like seeing a little enthusiasm but dang.

31-16 Mizzou. Third straight game with a blocked XP.

At least your score covers the spread. But a little execution by our special teams and these guys will be lucky to score 20. No one has laid a glove on them this year and Balis' boyz are gonna have them wishing they skipped breakfast.

Irrational? Temple just beat PSU and Cincy.

Reaction Score
We didn't play GREAT this week, but whatever we're 2-0... I watched the Mizzou game vs. Arkansas State on Saturday night. AS led the game at the half and almost waiged a comeback- but threw a pick late. 27-20 Missouri.

They're a totally beatable team guys... Shaky QB play at best, and not a great line on either side of the ball. If we can get some passing TD's from Bryant, run the ball well and step-up our pass rush I think we could really win this one.

I'm saying 21-17 UConn in the season's biggest upset so far (minus that Toledo win against Arkansas last week, or Temple over PennState week before)

Although UCONN played well enough to win, they had to be tight. The team and coaches had a ton of pressure on them against Nova and Army as they were must win games. Can you imagine us going into Missou 0-2? This week the kids are going to have fun and play looser than they did because they have nothing to lose. Missouri's coaches will warn their players but the Tigers will take UCONN for granted. Mssouri has a lot to lose buy getting beat by lowly UCONN.

Reaction Score
Ron Johnson's coming out party. Just like the gap between FBS and FCS has narrowed tremendously. The gap between P5 and non-p5 schools is way overrated. I don't know what will happen as our road games have been a disaster lately. If this was at the Rent I think we win. But it is not so I have no idea. 27-24 Uconn,

Reaction Score
27-13 Mizzou. I just don't see our OL being able to handle what will probably the best (or 2nd best) D we will see all season...on the road. Our D will be respectable and physical, only giving up 2 TD's and some FG's after being put in tough field position situations. I see our O giving up a TD on a TO of some sort. Hope I am wrong, but don't see this one ending well for the boys in blue. My hope is we get out of it healthy and ready for Navy at home to go to 3-1.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Step one is to find out if their DL will overrun our backfield like it was a civil war reenactment.

If the line can hold, then the other match ups may not seem as daunting a proposition. A little worried about the safeties getting suckered towards the line and getting beat deep, but generally I think we can throw and defend.

Turnovers obviously need to go big in our direction.

Reaction Score
I think something like 28-10. As long as we are in it through 3 quarters I'm ok. 14-7 at half time would be good. Missouri ain't Army.

Reaction Score
NeillOstrout 12:25pm via Twitter Web Client
Most people nationally think UConn has no chance. Diaco: “Yeah, I wouldn’t think so nationally. That has nothing to do with how we feel."

This...

I think we have more a shot than most think/believe... Something about how this team has played the first couple of games... I just don't think we've showed everything. Yeah, we're young, inexperienced at positions, but we're not a bad football team anymore. From what I've seen so far, we have a chance at doing some things this year. Huge test in 4 days but we have a legit chance at being a handful for Mizzou...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Was thinking it would be more of a blowout earlier but I've mellowed...28-20 bad guys. We're just not quite there yet.

Reaction Score
UConn's gotta be all over Mizzou quick if they wanna win. Probably should get a score on the first drive and dominate the time of posession. Keep the game low scoring and on the ground, keep the pressure on the QB and be physical with their receivers. UConn CAN NOT play catch up in this game. If mizzou scores first, games over. Gotta show the scrappy side of UConn football, Lets see if we can have a productive offense, coupled with the scrappy defense that could even put points on the board
Uconn can win if it can be a lower scoring game
optimistically
20-14 uconn
For the record, I am assuming that the OP was not asking what would be the outcome if the Huskies were to win this game and detail how that could/would happen?

As for my response to your post based on the fact that I believe the OP was simply asking for the score and who would win. In addition it might be nice to hear how you are arrived at the theory behind your prediction.

But Wow! There are so many ifs and contingencies in your prediction, which leads me to believe that either you think this team is hitting lightening in a bottle or you responded to the OP with a fantasy. If its the former, then I take it you are placing money on this game (just kidding of course)?

...and this isn't just for you but others who have "Delusions of Grandeur" Perhaps when responding to this post people should be thinking: "if I had to share a level of objectivity versus subjectivity on this game my outcome would be?" Then again my be wrong for expecting the average fan on here to respond - well not as fan!

I also may be entirely wrong on the OP's point of this thread. Maybe the OP really doesn't care if responses are marinated in fantasy or have actual merit.
I am thinking it is the latter and it is with this in mind that I offer my prediction, the game will be over before the first half ends. This will be ugly and people will understand we are nowhere near where this team needs to be in terms of development that is to be competitive each week. If by miracle we do win, then one could argue that we may not lose a game and certainly should not be blown out by anyone for the rest of the season and I can't bring myself to that conclusion. So I predict the wheels come off the bus and that the Score: First half 24-6 - Don't know about the second half but it never gets close.

Reaction Score
I am thinking it is the latter and it is with this in mind that I offer my prediction, the game will be over before the first half ends. This will be ugly and people will understand we are nowhere near where this team needs to be in terms of development that is to be competitive each week. If by miracle we do win, then one could argue that we may not lose a game and certainly should not be blown out by anyone for the rest of the season and I can't bring myself to that conclusion. So I predict the wheels come off the bus and that the Score: First half 24-6 - Don't know about the second half but it never gets close.

I would guess that the large majority of posters in this thread, if they were asked to make a prediction with pure objectivity, might say there is a fair chance the wheels come off early and by half time we are pretty much done. (not me of course :rolleyes:)

But the idea of being a fan is dreaming about great things for our team. If we all posted objectively by the time the thread got to page 3 the suicide hotline would have a busy signal.

The odds are stacked against our boys but I have faith they will give a solid effort and will not embarrass themselves. Remember the season is about the journey, not just 13 days a year.

It's so much more fun being hopeful and positive. If they lose, life will go on, but I will have at least enjoyed the entire ride. Every game they play, win or lose, is a building block for the future of UConn football. There is a lot of young talent. While I will enjoy 2015 first, I can't wait to see 2016, 2017 and beyond.

The future is bright, no matter what happens Saturday.

24-20 UConn

Reaction Score
If the line can hold up and we can win the turnover battle, I think we've got a shot. Heart says 27-24 UConn , head says 35-13 Mizzou.

Reaction Score
Mizzou 35 UConn 21 ( of course I will be cheering hard in front of my TV screen with some hope of a big upset) For me the key will be our offensive line. If they play a good game I know we can score some points and have an outside chance of pulling off an upset. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
UConn 13, Mizzou 10 in a nailbiter. Game is 10-10 at the half. Puyol nails a 36 yarder with 4 minutes to go. Mizzou's Ish Witter breaks free with 5 seconds left...50 yards to go(!!)....2 seconds left at the 15 when he trips on an errantly blown (energy) bucket hat and the Huskies win!!!

Bucket hat replaces table leg!!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
The strength of both teams is clearly the D, and we play a ball control type of O, while Mizzou's starting RB is out and they've had issues with their passing game so far this year. So all things considered, if we play a perfect game (given current capabilities, comfort with the play book, the team's new-found resilience) I'm thinking we could pull out a 24-20 win in a grueling battle. But if even a couple things go wrong, we could be looking at something like 31-10 Mizzou. Once again, it all could hinge on the play of our O Line and their ability to help sustain long, productive drives. Our O absolutely needs to keep Mizzou's D on the field, and ours off of it, for as long as possible for us to have a real chance.

Reaction Score
We've seen a conservative offense & defense from the Huskies for two weeks in a row, which was OK for our first two opponents. I think the only chance we have to beat Mizzou is for one or both of those sides of the ball to change. I doubt we are going to beat them scoring our average of 21 pts. For some reason though I don't think we will see much change in our approach to this game. I just hope we can keep it close.

That's where my head is. My heart says 31-30 Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom