Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are soon going to read about the heim totally losing it like Dreyfus and no one will be remotely surprised.

AffectionateGoodnaturedGibbon-max-1mb.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Jim Boeheim had the same number of national championships as Breanna Stewart, who was still a year-and-a-half away from being born."
… and only half as many as Tyler Olander.

(Oh, and for what it’s worth, Boeheim only has 25% of the NCAA championships that Breanna Stewart has, and his comes with an enormous asterisk.)

Reaction Score
… and only half as many as Tyler Olander.

(Oh, and for what it’s worth, Boeheim only has 25% of the NCAA championships that Breanna Stewart has, and his comes with an enormous asterisk.)
Don’t forget Niels Griffey as well.
Stop disrespecting this man’s dominance over Jim
Boeheim.

Reaction Score
They think they can get close to any coach in the country once Boeheim is ousted lol
Their fans firmly believe this is still a top job in CBB. I suspect it isn't anymore. If they don't promote from within, they could do a national search that ends up much like the SJU debacle -- "Thanks, but no thanks".

Reaction Score
They think they can get close to any coach in the country once Boeheim is ousted lol
TBH their program probably still has the cachet to get the cinderella coach de jure post-tournament. That said, it's going to be JB or one of his assistants next year, and the downward spiral will continue

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Contrarian view - he should stick it out for at least another year or two.

He won’t be able to play Girard 35 minutes a night next season which will instantly make the team better. He’s got a good number of decent underclassmen and the ACC is so God-awful that someone has to win games there and even a slight improvement could mean a regular season title.

They’ll still be bad, but they will be bad in the ACC which might actually make them look good. Fool people for a year or two, retire in glory and leave Syracuse behind forever.

Reaction Score
Contrarian view - he should stick it out for at least another year or two.

He won’t be able to play Girard 35 minutes a night next season which will instantly make the team better. He’s got a good number of decent underclassmen and the ACC is so God-awful that someone has to win games there and even a slight improvement could mean a regular season title.

They’ll still be bad, but they will be bad in the ACC which might actually make them look good. Fool people for a year or two, retire in glory and leave Syracuse behind forever.
I hope he stays forever!
Unfortunately, I think the Orange faithful are readying their torches and pitchforks to oust JAB if he won't go (reasonably) quietly.
R.e27bf61016c6ea39e4467f7fb3986155

Reaction Score
Their fans firmly believe this is still a top job in CBB. I suspect it isn't anymore. If they don't promote from within, they could do a national search that ends up much like the SJU debacle -- "Thanks, but no thanks".
Depends who they go for, but I think they are a top job (depending on the meaning). Probably a better spot than when we were hiring Hurley. Just my opinion, of course. I hope they hire like BC has since Skinner and continue to fail.

Syracuse certainly has a winning history, a huge arena (I didn't it was particularly nice 30 years ago, but people think it's impressive) that they still fill, strong conference leading to relatively deep pockets, their best academic program leads to sports media alums, and it's still a "basketball school," etc. Following a legend is tough, but this legend isn't leaving at the top. They won't have their pick of any coach they want, but I don't see why they'll struggle like St. John's does.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I hope he stays forever!
Unfortunately, I think the Orange faithful are readying their torches and pitchforks to oust JAB if he won't go (reasonably) quietly.
R.e27bf61016c6ea39e4467f7fb3986155
I think he is going to luck into a soft exit - the ACC is otherworldly bad right now and a crap team can do fine there.

But here is the torches and pitchfork scenario….he has nothing coming in next year and will have to hit the portal to fill gaps. If he actually loses players in the portal?

Look out below.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I was thinking about this the other day. Initially I thought the same. But with UNC and Duke going through coaching transitions amidst down years, if Cuse got the right coach I think they could have a resurgence. That being said, I'm not sure who would be interested in that job, but with the current state of the ACC, there is a path back to relevance. JMO

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think he is going to luck into a soft exit - the ACC is otherworldly bad right now and a crap team can do fine there.

But here is the torches and pitchfork scenario….he has nothing coming in next year and will have to hit the portal to fill gaps. If he actually loses players in the portal?

Look out below.
I can’t imagine mintz staying, could be wrong, but he seems ripe for someone to pickup

Reaction Score
Syracuse doesn't look atrocious when I watch them, they actually have some decent freshman, but their metrics are mind blowing. They have 1 win this season over someone ranked in the Kenpom top 100. 3 over the top 150. Their 2nd best win right now is a Butler level team.

Reaction Score
Syracuse doesn't look atrocious when I watch them, they actually have some decent freshman, but their metrics are mind blowing. They have 1 win this season over someone ranked in the Kenpom top 100. 3 over the top 150. Their 2nd best win right now is a Butler level team.
Mintz and Edwards are fun young guys to watch. Mintz is streaky but seems to have a natural scoring mindset. Edwards plays clunky sometimes but he’s a great energy piece that is averaging a double double

When Girard looks to score, the offense dies. And for some reason Boeheim’s favorite play is Girard looking to score, pretty much just slotting him in the spot that his sons were in the last few years

Their defense, as always, is a coin flip

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can’t imagine mintz staying, could be wrong, but he seems ripe for someone to pickup

Mintz has been playing some really good ball. Super quick and decisive.

Looks so out of whack with the rest of the Syracuse players.

Reaction Score
Mintz and Edwards are fun young guys to watch. Mintz is streaky but seems to have a natural scoring mindset. Edwards plays clunky sometimes but he’s a great energy piece that is averaging a double double

When Girard looks to score, the offense dies. And for some reason Boeheim’s favorite play is Girard looking to score, pretty much just slotting him in the spot that his sons were in the last few years

Their defense, as always, is a coin flip
I feel like their best metric game was the 5 point loss in UVA lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member