Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They’re wondering on the cuse board why he wouldn’t travel the world with his millions and watch his son play in Greece. He probably has disdain for them like he does everything else. I can’t imagine playing for someone so bitter and miserable. Feel terrible for any kid from a low income background who has to take Adams money, it’s gonna hurt them long term.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I haven't paid attention to JB for a long time, so honest question here. If he's complaining (again) and accusing all these other programs of "cheating" due to NIL, why doesn't the SU AD or president remove him? It's not like they've had any real success over the last few years, and didn't they already lose a coach in waiting?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't think NIL is going away, so you have to learn to deal with it

Having said that, I don't think any school has an unlimited budget. I suppose there will be some sort of leveling off effect. Either on it's own, or through regulation, or some combination thereof

We don't have to worry much, we don't land the most expensive players to begin with. We probably have the best National Championship to Burger Boy ratio in the country

Reaction Score
I don't think NIL is going away, so you have to learn to deal with it

Having said that, I don't think any school has an unlimited budget. I suppose there will be some sort of leveling off effect. Either on it's own, or through regulation, or some combination thereof

We don't have to worry much, we don't land the most expensive players to begin with. We probably have the best National Championship to Burger Boy ratio in the country

NIL is still in its infancy. JB can complain about it all he wants. It’s here and it’s only going to get more prevalent. NIL and the portal are quickly morphing recruits and transfers into free agents. Money will dictate where most of the top talent will reside.

And if you don’t think some programs have their eyes on talent like Clingan you are living in a fantasy. That type of ”recruitment” will definitely take hold as the money grows. Why wouldn’t it?

Reaction Score
I wonder when this interview was done. This Weitsman guy just bought him a recruit and is actively trying to buy even better ones. And is very public about it.
Was this some kind of challenge to Weitsman that guys in the 50-100’range are nice but he’s expecting 5 stars now?
Is he publicly pushing his billionaire donor the way he would push a player in practice?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I wonder when this interview was done. This Weitsman guy just bought him a recruit and is actively trying to buy even better ones. And is very public about it.
Was this some kind of challenge to Weitsman that guys in the 50-100’range are nice but he’s expecting 5 stars now?
Is he publicly pushing his billionaire donor the way he would push a player in practice?
Short answer: I think he’s just a moron.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pittsburgh sports radio is notorious for never talking about anything outside Pittsburgh (exceptions: Browns have terrible management, Brady is a cheater, Ovechkin is a distant 2nd to Crosby). Coming home from taking my dog hiking, there was a 20 minute segment on what a horrible embarrassment Boeheim has become.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
18B5C49E-75BE-46E2-8601-0B0E1ECBF73B.jpeg

Reaction Score
That thread is up to 37 pages now, but there is another started because of this SI article by Pat Forde --

The Dangers of When College Hoops Coaches Become Emperors​

https://www.si.com/college/2023/02/06/syracuse-boeheim-coaches-influence-duke-unc-villanova

My favorite quote: "The customary chain of command has long been broken at Syracuse, with chancellor Kent Syverud and athletic director John Wildhack more likely to fetch Boeheim coffee than give him a directive."

Ouch!

Reaction Score
The guy sounds like he's coming unhinged. Time to hang it up.

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim had to backtrack and issue an apology Monday after saying ACC rivals Pittsburgh, Wake Forest and Miami “bought” teams with NIL money.

“I would like to clarify remarks I made in a conversation I had with a media member following our game on Saturday evening,” he said in a statement. “I apologize to the schools I mentioned. I believe the ACC member institutions are in compliance with NCAA rules governing Name, Image and Likeness (NIL). It was not my intention to imply otherwise.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom