Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
The Athletic's Corey Pronman listed Iskhakov as his 16th prospect in the NHL draft:

16. Ruslan Iskhakov, RW, CSKA-MHL
July 22, 2000 | 5-foot-8 | 152 pounds
GP: 33 | Goals: 6 | Points: 30 | Shoots: Left
Skating: 55
Puck Skills: 65
Physical Game: 20
Hockey sense: 65

Iskhakov has impressed me whenever I’ve watched him this season between international play and junior. Iskhakov was a significant riser, going from relative anonymity in the Slovakian U18 league to a top guy in his age group. He’s a tiny forward at 5-foot-8 and that might be generous, but his puck skills are fantastic. He can maneuver with the puck as well as most players in his age group. It’s not just his skills that stand out to me, though, his brain is also high-end, if not elite. He sees plays developing so well and can outsmart defenders with his hands and vision. He made some of the best passes I saw all season, and the way he improvises on the ice to get out of tough situations with his creativity is worth the price of admission. The major issue I have in his projection isn’t his size but rather he’s not a blazing skater, which isn’t ideal for a guy his size. He lacks a dangerous top gear but he does have above-average speed, he’s good on his edges and he can be elusive. He’s listed as a center by NHL Central Scouting but projects on the wing as I don’t love his two-way game. It’s actually plausible Iskhakov goes undrafted rather than even come close to being picked where I have him, but he also has massive potential.

Reaction Score
Recruits playing in BCHL

F Thomas Samuelsen for Nanaimo Clippers
F Eric Linell for Penticton Vees
F Drew Elser for Penticton Vees
D Carter Berger for Victoria Grizzlies
F Sean Donaldson for Trail Smoke Eaters

Recruits playing in USHL

F Matej Blumel for Waterloo
F Arsenii Smekhnov for Youngstown

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Massive leap of presumption, but I'll venture to guess I may be among the few Connecticut alumni and Huskies' fans who has visited each of the 4 new recruits respective hometowns. Go UConn!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Refresh our memories. I have Yaroslavl, but what are the other two? Great Neck, Tabor, or North Vancouver?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have been to two. Have been to Moscow and Perm a few times but not Yaroslavl. Have not been to Tabor either.

Reaction Score
From John Silver Morning Update:

FUTURE IS BRIGHT: Two men's hockey commits, forwards Vladislav Firstov and Matej Blumel, will play in the annual USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game on Jan. 8. The game features players eligible for that year's draft who are at least third-round prospects. (College Hockey Inc.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom