Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Just wow; we may soon become truly a hockey school. #1 recruiting ranking, holy sh|t!

Hopefully that will happen. In my mind in order to become a true hockey school the students have to get into it as well. That will only happen when they are able to attend some of the games in Storrs if and when a new hockey facility is built on campus. If all the games are off campus in Hartford, then there is no real reason to feel that the team truly belongs to them. They must be baited in with easy to go to games on campus to really get the excitement going.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As long as we put our big games in the XL...I’m sure Cav is using the XL as a big weapon when talking to the recruits.
The sound of that place in the third period and OT against BU was unmatched in any other HE arena

Reaction Score
Pretty exciting, but I believe it’s based on total number of stars so a big class lends itself to a high ranking. Would love to know what the star rankings were for the 9 seniors in this graduating class ?
OK, but let's not entirely bogart our hockey joints.

Reaction Score
As long as we put our big games in the XL...I’m sure Cav is using the XL as a big weapon when talking to the recruits.
The sound of that place in the third period and OT against BU was unmatched in any other HE arena
In UConn history, the first game of the first MAAC tournament, UConn v HC at the Hart Center, was probably louder. Very very very small place and it was absolutely packed to the rafters to the point that I thought the fire marshalls might step in. The game went back and forth right to the end and every time one team scored a goal it was truly painful to the ears. Emotions were running high as it was the first year for all the schools in "D-1".

But your point stands. That game against BU this year and the HE home opener against BC four years ago go down in history as the loudest in the modern era. And a GREAT recruiting tool.

Reaction Score
Any recent news? We have to be out there scouring for Dmen given that Young decommitted and we needed another guy even if he didn't. So 2 defenseman, hopefully. I hate the idea of only having 7 on the roster during the season.

Reaction Score
Yale announced their incoming class and defenseman Michael Young was not a part of it. Unsure if he is back on UConn’s radar or pushing enrollment back a year.

UConn commit Drew Elser will not be coming in this season. He will be playing in the BCHL for Penticton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom