Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
According to Mike Anthony, currently the 2016-17 recruiting class only stands at 4 players: Adam Huska (G), Ben Freeman (F), Bryan Nelson (D), and Alexandre Payusov (F).

Tyson McClellan no longer listed.

I am assuming Will Garin might be pushed back a year.

Says UConn is still looking to add another forward and another defenseman.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-uconn-hockey-0328-20160327-story.html

Reaction Score
A notable defenseman still available is James Greenway, brother of Jordan Greenway of BU. Plays with the USNTDP. One of only two uncommitted on the U-18 team.

Reaction Score
USHL 10:29am via Twitter Web Client
USHL sets single season NCAA commit record, @NYRangers prospect Adam Huska commits to UConn
http://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/630317?referrer_id=1348814

>>USHL PLAYERS CURRENTLY COMMITTED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT:

Will Garin (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Adam Karashik (Chicago Steel), Tyson McLellan (Madison Capitols), Alexandre Payusov (Madison Capitols), Connor Mayer (Sioux City Musketeers), Evan Wisocky(Sioux City Musketeers) and Ben Freeman (Tri-City Storm).

USHL ALUMNI ON 2015-16 CONNECTICUT ROSTER:

Tanner Creel (Tri-City Storm), David Drake (Des Moines Buccaneers), Max Kalter (Sioux City Musketeers),Patrick Kirtland (Des Moines Buccaneers), Joseph Masonius (Team USA), Derek Pratt (Waterloo Black Hawks), Marco Richter (Madison Capitols) and Tage Thompson (Team USA).<<

Reaction Score
USHL 10:29am via Twitter Web Client
USHL sets single season NCAA commit record, @NYRangers prospect Adam Huska commits to UConn
http://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/630317?referrer_id=1348814

>>USHL PLAYERS CURRENTLY COMMITTED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT:

Will Garin (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Adam Karashik (Chicago Steel), Tyson McLellan (Madison Capitols), Alexandre Payusov (Madison Capitols), Connor Mayer (Sioux City Musketeers), Evan Wisocky(Sioux City Musketeers) and Ben Freeman (Tri-City Storm).

USHL ALUMNI ON 2015-16 CONNECTICUT ROSTER:

Tanner Creel (Tri-City Storm), David Drake (Des Moines Buccaneers), Max Kalter (Sioux City Musketeers),Patrick Kirtland (Des Moines Buccaneers), Joseph Masonius (Team USA), Derek Pratt (Waterloo Black Hawks), Marco Richter (Madison Capitols) and Tage Thompson (Team USA).<<

McLellan just tweeted his commitment to Denver.

https://twitter.com/TysonMcLellan88

Reaction Score
McLellan just tweeted his commitment to Denver.

https://twitter.com/TysonMcLellan88

Guess he changed (or had his mind changed) from March 26, 2014 when he tweeted the below ;):

Tyson McLellan ‏@TysonMcLellan881h
Proud to announce my commitment to play D1 hockey at the University of Connecticut. Thanks to everyone for the help and support. #Huskies

Reaction Score
Guess he changed (or had his mind changed) from March 26, 2014 when he tweeted the below ;):

Tyson McLellan ‏@TysonMcLellan881h
Proud to announce my commitment to play D1 hockey at the University of Connecticut. Thanks to everyone for the help and support. #Huskies
When he didn't come in last year I was surprised to see he was still committed on his twitter account page. He took that commitment down a few weeks ago. You win some and you lose some.

Reaction Score
When he didn't come in last year I was surprised to see he was still committed on his twitter account page. He took that commitment down a few weeks ago. You win some and you lose some.
Not a major loss. I have confidence the coaching staff can find someone better.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, hockey recruiting is more fluid than any other college sport. Verbal commits are good, but mean absolutely nothing until they sign and then are on campus. Players verbal then change schools frequently. A lot of it has to do with the domino effect from players going to play major junior in Canada and coaches looking to fill those spots. No hockey recruit should be considered as fully committed until he suits up. Even then, the Canadian teams will go after whoever they want like vultures.

Reaction Score
McLellan signed a letter of intent last April.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
McLellan signed a letter of intent last April.
For the fall of 2015, correct? Those who follow NCAA recruiting rules more than I do would know, but I'm pretty sure if you don't matriculate in the year you sign the letter for, it's no longer binding and your recruitment is back open, but you have to wait until the following fall.

Reaction Score
BU's Robbie Baillargeon will be transferring from school after the summer here to play his final season elsewhere. Because he's graduating after the summer term, he can use the graduate transfer rule and play immediately elsewhere. Him being from CT, it wouldn't shock me to see Cav go after him. He hasn't progressed for my guys as many had hoped, and with the abundance of forward talent we have now and coming in this fall, he was told he'd not be getting top-six ice time. But he's a skilled player who has the ability to compete and put up numbers in Hockey East. Hope he lands well, UConn would be a nice spot for him.

Reaction Score
ManthonyCourant1:48pm via Twitter for iPhone
Niklas Allain, son of Yale coach Keith Allain, has committed to UConn hockey and will join Huskies in 2018 or 2019. 6-3 fwd at Taft School.
According to the article that I read, Niklas is currently a Junior at North Haven High. He is enrolling at Taft for the fall & will repeat his Junior year. Joining in 2018 or 2019 depends on whether he plays Junior Hockey.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Will Garin will play another season for Cedar Rapids in the USHL before joining UConn for the 2017-18 season.

He signed his letter of intent for UConn a couple weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Will Garin will play another season for Cedar Rapids in the USHL before joining UConn for the 2017-18 season.

He signed his letter of intent for UConn a couple weeks ago.
After seeing the way Quinnipiac pushed the younger kids around at the XL Center..I have no problem with this kind of thing what so ever. It's kind of ironic how this used to be done by kids going to the prep schools and playing a post grad year.

Reaction Score
Keep an eye on Kasper Bjorkqvist from Finland. Talented forward who will be drafted by an NHL team this year. Would be a very big pick up for the upcoming season.

Reaction Score
USHockeyWire 7:40pm via Twitter for iPhone
UCONN commit '00 F Drew Elser will head to Avon after 2 years at Selects Academy. 3rd Round USHL pick by Bloomington: powerful stride & shot

USHockeyWire 7:43pm via Twitter for iPhone
Trend of UCONN commits to Avon continues, as 00 D Mac Wiseman departs from Skipjacks for Winged Beavers. Sioux Falls selection in USHL Draft

Reaction Score
Right shot defenseman Wyatt Newpower has committed to UConn for the upcoming 2016 season.

Newpower is 6'3", 180 lbs from Minnesota and coming straight from White Bear Lake High School to UConn.

Team is still in need of a couple immediate impact forwards.

Bjorkqvist did visit campus but chose Providence over UConn, Lowell, and Denver.

Reaction Score
Justin Howell@justin_Howell1 2 hours ago
Proud to announce my commitment to play college hockey at the University of Connecticut. Thank you to everyone who has supported me #huskies

Justin Howell

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom