Odell to Cleveland | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Odell to Cleveland

Reaction Score
The only problem is that the Giants couldn't get him the ball. He will absolutely light the league up next season. Giants are a clown show.
The guy is crazy. They couldn't deal with him anymore.

Do you people not watch the games? I don't care about Eli. Cut him, keep him one more year, I don't care.

This was about the team after Eli, Obviously, it had nothing to do with FB as the reason this guy is not on the team. Odell is great, but he is a massive diva. He make Terrell Owens grounded. You think he will be happy in Cleveland with Mayfield getting all that pub?

You guys think he is actually going to be Happy in Cleveland at all?

Reaction Score

Do you people not watch the games? I don't care about Eli. Cut him, keep him one more year, I don't care.

This was about the team after Eli, Obviously, it had nothing to do with FB as the reason this guy is not on the team. Odell is great, but he is a massive diva. He make Terrell Owens grounded. You think he will be happy in Cleveland with Mayfield getting all that pub?

What team? It’s Barkley and....

Reaction Score

And he's one of the 2 or 3 best WRs in football, who cares if he's a diva?

Reaction Score

Terrell Owens is twice the idiot OBJ was overall not close. OBJ had his issues but his teammates liked him and he worked his tail off to be a great WR which he was. To think someone that damn good is going to be happy when they don’t get the ball to him is crazy of course there will be some negative crap because he’s great.

This makes no sense they should’ve just let Eli go if the plan was to take his best weapon away, their leader on an already weak defense as well as their only pass rusher. If these morons let Eli go then traded OBJ to show us a plan it would be a bit different but the way it’s going down shows it’s changing by the minute, hour, day. It’s a joke and Gettleman needs to go ASAP.

Reaction Score

You’re stuck in 2016 my man. Odell was loved by everyone in that locker room. He showed more heart than anyone on the team, he was angriest when they lost, and happiest when they won. So what that he showed his emotion a lot? I’d rather that than “Shoulder Shrug Eli”. Gettleman is/was a terrible hire due to his infatuation with one aspect of the game, and trading possible the greatest playmaker at the position since Jerry Rice for pennies on the dollar is gonna come back to bite us.....hard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Um... then why did these same people give him the contract he just signed.

He was the same lunatic before the deal...

Reaction Score
Looking back, it's crazy what has transpired with young Giant WRs over the last few years - Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Cruz, and now Odell. All guys you thought would be staples for 10+ years like Toomer but neither of them lasted more than 5 years.

Reaction Score
Odell was a ridiculous talent who was also a lot of drama. He's also a year removed from a vicious injury. He came back and played very well last year but then disappeared the last 4 games with some other type of leg injury which may have made some people in the Giants FO roll their eyes. And then there is the yacht disaster where a few days after partying in Miami he couldn't catch a ball in cold Green Bay weather while the defense and Eli were playing great. His and Shepard's drops in the 1st half of that game completely changed it.

I'm not going to lose too much sleep until we see what happens with the draft. I mean we've won superbowls with solid but not spectacular wide receivers. You get far by building depth. That's what this team desperately needs right now.

As for Peppers, here's a link providing some insight on his improved play last year once they took him out of free safety and let him roam more. This kid could be a really good player in Bechter's system.

Career game for Jabrill Peppers

Never a dull moment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Updated NYG draft picks after the trade:

• No. 6 overall (Round 1)
  • No 17 overall (Round 1)
  • No. 37 overall (Round 2)
  • No. 95 overall (Round 3)
  • No. 108 overall (Round 4)
  • No. 142 overall (Round 5)
  • No. 143 overall (Round 5)
  • No. 155 overall (Round 5)
  • No. 171 overall (Round 5)
  • No. 180 overall (Round 6)
  • No. 232 overall (Round 7)
  • No. 245 overall (Round 7)
They lost their own 3rd rounder by taking the cornerback Beal in the supplemental draft last year. Some scouts were saying if he stayed in school one more year he may have gone in the 1st round of this upcoming draft. After NY picked him, he hurt his shoulder in training camp and missed last year. He should be ready to go.

Reaction Score
Also, how Eli can NOT be released by Monday is beyond me. Yes, let's keep our awful 38-year-old QB without his star WR. Good plan. Should work.

"But who will play QB-"

WHO CARES

Well it least it opens up my Sundays during the nicest time of the year for the 8th straight season.

Reaction Score
Gettleman is all about gold jackets. Eli will retire a Giant.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So basically, they saw the AB thing go down and panicked.

As an aside, I keep forgeting OBJ is 4 years younger than AB. Makes it even more of a head scratcher.

It's no coincidence, considering the Rooney and Mara families are related by marriage.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

If they win he will be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom