Odell to Cleveland | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Odell to Cleveland

Reaction Score
Um... then why did these same people give him the contract he just signed.

He was the same lunatic before the deal...

Because the GM and management stink. OBJ can be crazy and the GM awful at the same time.

I hate that they drafted Barkley over Darnold - Secure your QB first.

I would have went out and cut manning and tried to get nick foles. I wouldnt have let collins walk, rather traded him.

Fire the GM. Fire Shurmur too while we at it. he stinks.

But the nfl media foaming at the mouth about this, citing stats and film, seems a bit rich. The closer you get to the giants, the worse it is.

The owners, management and coaches think he was a negative on the team. Think about that and how great he is.

This didn't come out of nowhere.

Giants should have cut manning, drafted darnold and traded beckham last summer.

Reaction Score

Because the GM and management stink. OBJ can be crazy and the GM awful at the same time.

I would have went out and cut manning and tried to get nick foles. I wouldnt have let collins walk, rather traded him.

But the nfl media foaming at the mouth about this, citing stats and film, seems a bit rich. The closer you get to the giants, the worse it is.

The owners, management and coaches think he was a negative on the team. Think about that and how great he is.

I agree with #2. Usually. But Saquon may be this eras bo. So tough spot. We may get lucky and trade for Rosen with 2nd round pick.

Reaction Score
Somehow, I get the impression that him being involved in a sports news clip at yahoo.com very recently, where he cries about still having to play with Eli, might have a part in this. I knew something couldn't come out of that when I saw that.

Reaction Score
It's no coincidence, considering the Rooney and Mara families are related by marriage.

Rooney Mara's mother's family founded the Pittsburgh Steelers, and her father's family founded the New York Giants. The families have maintained at least partial ownership of both teams since their foundings. Mara's father and paternal uncles have high ranking positions within the Giants organization; her uncle John Mara is the president and CEO of the team. Her other uncle, Art Rooney II, is the current owner and president of the Steelers. Mara has described football as "the glue that holds our family together."

Reaction Score
As well as the ones that drafted them and let them go for a jaunty tune.

Giants vs Skins/Browns. You really want to compare.

Getting a first round pick for a guy with $95M contract who’s never happy and letting go a safety that got $14M who can’t cover ANYBODY. How many games they win with those guys last 5 years?

Now its Time to move from Eli (build a statue) and complete the rebuild.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And Bell ends up with the Jets, to rub salt in the wound. Of course, since it's the Jets, this will ultimately not work out like everything else in the past 50 years, but they do win the PR battle for today.

Reaction Score
man, it's going to be a long day. cheers to half you Gints, hugs to the other half.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

In the same post you say the Giants management, GM and Coach are clueless, but then also use their judgement in justification of trading OBJ?

The locker room apparently loved him, but you'd rather Mara, Gettleman and Shurmur be the judge? I can't think of 3 more out of touch individuals.

Reaction Score
The Giants are the new Mets/Knicks of New York and it's embarrassing as hell. Gettleman is AWFUL. I knew the gmen were doomed when they passed on Darnold for Barkley

Reaction Score
Looks like I’m a West Hartford RedZone fan now.

Engrams should be a beast in fantasy because of garbage time points, and Saquon is still Saquon, so really I’ll continue to watch.

I really hope we don’t take Metcalf or Jones at 17 and at this point I certainly can’t rule it out. The numbers really indict them, but clearly that means nothing to this front office.

Mara taking forever to get rid of JR and then hiring Gettleman is really frightening too. Top to bottom everything is being done poorly.

Reaction Score
Looks like I’m a West Hartford RedZone fan now.

Engrams should be a beast in fantasy because of garbage time points, and Saquon is still Saquon, so really I’ll continue to watch.

I really hope we don’t take Metcalf or Jones at 17 and at this point I certainly can’t rule it out. The numbers really indict them, but clearly that means nothing to this front office.

Mara taking forever to get rid of JR and then hiring Gettleman is really frightening too. Top to bottom everything is being done poorly.
Metcalf's numbers from the combine are pretty funny. Elite in every area until he needs to change direction

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

I always find it fascinating that owner's get so dug in with their GM's. It takes them forever to see, or admit, they made a mistake and let guys go. Typically way past their expiration dates.

Reaction Score
Really confusing strategy by the Giants the last 6 months.

a) If OBJ wasn't in the long term plans, why sign him to the extension?
b) If a rebuild (partial or full) was in sight, why take Barkley over one of the QB's? You just threw the first 4 years of Barkley's production in the trash can - assuming he doesn't blow a knee out at some point too.
c) With the picks they have lined up, they absolutely HAVE to go get Josh Rosen, right? He's pretty much a free QB.

Reaction Score
Metcalf's numbers from the combine are pretty funny. Elite in every area until he needs to change direction

Yeah I saw that, pretty crazy. I don’t think he’s a lock to be bad by any means either, just too risky to take as high as he’s projected.

We lose a deep threat with Odell. Find a way to get Hollywood Brown and chip away at his loss rather than jamming a square peg in a round hole. The only positions I’d want to address in R1 are QB, Edge, and OL.

I really do think Jones is just going to suck. Hopefully the Broncos take him so I don’t have to worry about us blowing a 1st rounder and a couple more years trying to develop him.

Reaction Score
Yeah I saw that, pretty crazy. I don’t think he’s a lock to be bad by any means either, just too risky to take as high as he’s projected.

We lose a deep threat with Odell. Find a way to get Hollywood Brown and chip away at his loss rather than jamming a square peg in a round hole. The only positions I’d want to address in R1 are QB, Edge, and OL.

I really do think Jones is just going to suck. Hopefully the Broncos take him so I don’t have to worry about us blowing a 1st rounder and a couple more years trying to develop him.
Yeah I don't want Metcalf round 1, agree with addressing 2 of those 3 positions with the 2 picks and take a receiver on day 2.

I'm OK with Jones if they take him round 2, not sold on him as a 1st rounder, same with Drew Lock

Reaction Score
Really confusing strategy by the Giants the last 6 months.

a) If OBJ wasn't in the long term plans, why sign him to the extension?
b) If a rebuild (partial or full) was in sight, why take Barkley over one of the QB's? You just threw the first 4 years of Barkley's production in the trash can - assuming he doesn't blow a knee out at some point too.
c) With the picks they have lined up, they absolutely HAVE to go get Josh Rosen, right? He's pretty much a free QB.
On A...I think the Giants had him in their long-term plans, but seems like the relationship just fell apart after the contract extension for a myriad of reasons, the biggest probably being the interview he did with Josina Anderson and Lil Wayne. Mara was annoyed that the guy he just gave a boatload of money to wasn't as enthused with the team as he should have been.

On B...that's just a complete misread by Gettleman - dude thought the Giants were able to compete last year which is why he went all in with Barkley, traded for Ogletree, and signed Solder to a record contract for an LT. Halfway through the season he started trading away pieces once realizing it wasn't going to happen.

On C...I hope so - they should be able to keep their first rounders and flip one of the second or third round picks and maybe a 2020 pick for Rosen.

Reaction Score
Yeah there’s so many holes now that Rosen seems ideal if you can get him for a 2020 non first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom