October Recruiting Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we really think she will go to college or just go straight to the pros?
Does UConn take a chance on a European player that may leave after one or two years. Would it be better to have a player more likely to finish school and run through the whole program. There is a chance her leaving could impact team chemistry and recruiting. A recruit that may be more impactful long-term may decide to go somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Does UConn take a chance on a European player that may leave after one or two years. Would it be better to have a player more likely to finish school and run through the whole program. There is a chance her leaving could impact team chemistry and recruiting. A recruit that may be more impactful long-term may decide to go somewhere else.
Yes.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
There are at least 3 relevant differences between Juste and Ezi:

1. Juste doesn't have an all-time great in Lithuania like Lauren Jackson to mentor her.

2. Juste is about 4,000 miles from Storrs; Ezi was about 10,000.

3. Juste was born in the U.S. Ezi was born in Australia.
Good points.. and the plot thickens

Reaction Score
Per her IG story Kiki rice is at Duke Today with other recruits
4E923530-3A2C-44B8-BFED-9E1793D59081.jpeg

Reaction Score
Per her IG story Kiki rice is at Duke Today with other recruits

I find it interesting that Uconn was the only official visit she was on that other recruits and team members weren't tagging her in pics on her visit. Maybe because we realize there is no need to beg for her services because she is going to be a Husky. :)

In all seriousness I still think she will be a Husky. I think it will be between us and Duke, I don't think she is going out west. Looking forward to whenever her announcement will be!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I find it interesting that Uconn was the only official visit she was on that other recruits and team members weren't tagging her in pics on her visit. Maybe because we realize there is no need to beg for her services because she is going to be a Husky. :)

In all seriousness I still think she will be a Husky. I think it will be between us and Duke, I don't think she is going out west. Looking forward to whenever her announcement will be!
I too think the real choice is between UConn and Duke. Kiki is family oriented and although the allure of Cali is great her parents, family and friends would just have too tough of a time seeing her on the regular out west. If she were to choose any college other than UConn my choice is Duke. Go Dukies!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Patterson didn't publicly post any photos and Brady just posted one with (I'm assuming) either her dad or her grandpa. Know that in Instagram you can curate a "close friends" list that will allow you to share things to your story without the general public seeing it. I'm pretty certain a lot of our athletes use that as a way to keep things semi-private. Honestly, Patterson and Brady don't post much of their own stuff at all.

Since Kiki's just sharing what others have posted (and our two commits didn't really post anything), I wouldn't read too much into it.

Reaction Score
I think she is Duke bound. I feel that UConn recruits usually commit after their visit. If she truly is unsure than that is why you take the Duke visit. If she already wanted UConn , than I don’t think she would have gone on the Duke visit. Could be totally wrong but my thinking would have been Thank you to Duke for the invite but my mind is made up. I would be totally uncomfortable wasting everyone at Duke’s time if I already had made up my mind. Which by the way, I guarantee you, she knows where she is going.

Reaction Score
I think she is Duke bound. I feel that UConn recruits usually commit after their visit. If she truly is unsure than that is why you take the Duke visit. If she already wanted UConn , than I don’t think she would have gone on the Duke visit. Could be totally wrong but my thinking would have been Thank you to Duke for the invite but my mind is made up. I would be totally uncomfortable wasting everyone at Duke’s time if I already had made up my mind. Which by the way, I guarantee you, she knows where she is going.
Uconn hasn't had a recruit commit after a visit in a long time. Most of our recruits commit well after the visit or during early signing day.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Uconn hasn't had a recruit commit after a visit in a long time. Most of our recruits commit well after the visit or during early signing day.
Or, they commit to Geno privately, but avoid making it public until later. However, I don't think that has happened in this case; otherwise, I agree that she wouldn't be visiting Duke. But I don't think we have any clue as to how she is leaning.

Reaction Score
Nobody really knows if she has in fact made a decision. You could say the same about UConn. Why waste their time coming to First Night. I believe she is honoring her commitment to visit Duke. They are both on her final list. Let’s hope it’s UConn. Go Huskies!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The last UConn recruit who committed immediately after their recruiting visit was De’Janae Boykin, who unfortunately struggled to adjust to UConn, never played a minute and transferred to Penn St during her freshman year.

There were two other recruits on that same recruiting weekend with Boykin who both took much longer to make their decisions. You may have heard of them: Lou & Pheesa, who were both 3-time AA’s at UConn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The last UConn recruit who committed immediately after their recruiting visit was De’Janae Boykin, who unfortunately struggled to adjust to UConn, never played a minute and transferred to Penn St during her freshman year.

There were two other recruits on that same recruiting weekend with Boykin who both took much longer to make their decisions. You may have heard of them: Lou & Pheesa, who were both 3-time AA’s at UConn.
Not exactly. Napheesa was first to commit during her visit. Boykin committed a couple of weeks later and Lou a couple of weeks after that. One in April, 2 in May.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I want Kiki in a Husky uni, that said like all poi and possible recruits she should go where she feels the school is undeniably calling her. We know she is the right fit for UCONN, are the Husky's the right fit for her. :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not exactly. Napheesa was first to commit during her visit. Boykin committed a couple of weeks later and Lou a couple of weeks after that. One in April, 2 in May.
I stand corrected

Perhaps more relevant was the fact that Lou, a CA kid, with two older sisters at Stanford, defied the naysayers on the BY by matriculating to UConn.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
How can you truthfully guarantee that?

Reaction Score
I understand the excitement in getting the best players to commit. But at the same time, I don't care if we lose out on some or many or whatever. If they don't want to come, then we usually get a comparable player. I agree that our chances of landing Kiki are diminished given her visit to Duke. At the same time, I'm not bothered if she goes there. We already have enough good/great players to win multiple championships over the next 4 years. Geno has the players, he just needs to outcoach the opposing coach. With a couple exceptions, it is pretty much the same thing the last few decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom