October non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

October non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you speaking from what you saw in the video above or elsewhere? The agility was what stood out to me from that video especially when she was changing direction. You don't see that kind of agility in girls basketball players that size. That kind of agility would be a great foundation to developing better basketball skills.
There are videos out of games with her former high school team Father Lacombe. She wear the #15. Those games didn't really show her offensive skills. But her rim protection was pretty obvious.

Reaction Score
There are videos out of games with her former high school team Father Lacombe. She wear the #15. Those games didn't really show her offensive skills. But her rim protection was pretty obvious.

In fairness, those high schools games don't do her justice. Here's a link from Canadian Nationals last year where Alberta played against Quebec (Kiandra Browne - Indiana Commit). Yvonne Ejim was on the U17 Alberta roster too. It may offer a better perspective.

Reaction Score
After seeing the game, I can say she is a project on the offensive side of the ball. Granted, her teammates didn't try very hard to pass her the ball. From what I saw, her unofficial stat line was 2 pts., 6 reb., 2 blocks, 1 steal. She played a lot in the 3rd quarter but didn't play at all in the 4th. However, the 5 teams on her list will be thrilled if she chose them to go to college.

Reaction Score
She went to Father Lacombe HS in Calgary last season. She wore #15. Obviously she is a rim protector. She has good agility getting up and down the court. From what I saw, she has no offensive game whatsoever. However, the one thing I saw that was impressive, when she gets the ball in the low post, she is really good at passing it out to an open teammate for a basket. She is a project. This screams Texas to me because her game is so similar to Teaira McCowan.
Thank you for the info!

Reaction Score
After seeing the game, I can say she is a project on the offensive side of the ball. Granted, her teammates didn't try very hard to pass her the ball. From what I saw, her unofficial stat line was 2 pts., 6 reb., 2 blocks, 1 steal. She played a lot in the 3rd quarter but didn't play at all in the 4th. However, the 5 teams on her list will be thrilled if she chose them to go to college.

That's why I noted her upcoming year at Crestwood. Regardless if there is a season, she'll get an opportunity to work on becoming more of an offensive player through the skill development work there.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's why I noted her upcoming year at Crestwood. Regardless if there is a season, she'll get an opportunity to work on becoming more of an offensive player through the skill development work there.
Thanks for that video. I'm looking forward to watching her development at Crestwood. You seem to be very knowledgeable about her situation. Do you know if any of her listed schools (Texas, Miami, Maryland, Oregon & Louisville) have actually offered her a scholarship?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for that video. I'm looking forward to watching her development at Crestwood. You seem to be very knowledgeable about her situation. Do you know if any of her listed schools (Texas, Miami, Maryland, Oregon & Louisville) have actually offered her a scholarship?
Texas and Oregon have almost certainly offered her scholarships. Players from both teams had multiple players comment on her post persuading her to their respective schools (likely influenced by the coaches). Teaira McCowan even followed her (she was likely asked by Vic).

They definitely seem to want her.

Reaction Score

Appreciate the compliment. I'm not fully in the know about her however as I'm in Ontario. I've been watching the development of Canadian women's basketball over the last few years. I find it fun to learn more as the talent being developed and the potential for the future looks promising.

How Canadian players are developed is different from what I've seen in the US, but it's evolving. In the past, majority of the really good players who have gone NCAA D1 were identified and developed primarily through provincial (state) association programs and Canada Basketball's development streams. The next few years will be interesting to see how it changes with programs like Royal Crown that do things differently.

There's a lot of great talent emerging in Canada and it's exciting to see. I'm just really happy to see a lot of great kids get their opportunities in D1 if they think it's right for them.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ESPN reviews the top 4 players for each class in 2022, 2023, and 2024.

www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30061935/the-top-women-college-basketball-prospects-classes-2022-23-24

First time I have seen a finalist list for Timea Gardiner! Stanford, Notre Dame, Arizona State, Oregon, Oregon State and UCLA are the finalists for her recruitment. All Pac-12 except for Notre Dame. Glad to see that OSU still has a fighting chance!

ND is listed as finalists for three of the four. Patterson is pretty much in the Irish backyard in Ft. Wayne and post coach Carol Owens traveled to Chile to take in Betts and Gardiner, teammates of '21 commits Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron. So, the inclusion of the one non Pac-12 team is not a surprise to Irish followers.

As noted, Barker keeps a tight lid on her interests. Given the local angle, I wouldn't be surprised if the Irish go after Patterson hard.

BTW, I like Gardiners' versatility and tenacity. Of current WCBB players, she reminds me a bit of Naz Hillmon of Michigan. For those of a certain age who watched the NBA, I think there's some OAK(ley) in her play, too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ESPN reviews the top 4 players for each class in 2022, 2023, and 2024.

www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30061935/the-top-women-college-basketball-prospects-classes-2022-23-24

First time I have seen a finalist list for Timea Gardiner! Stanford, Notre Dame, Arizona State, Oregon, Oregon State and UCLA are the finalists for her recruitment. All Pac-12 except for Notre Dame. Glad to see that OSU still has a fighting chance!
UCLA sure has been popping up a lot lately on a few elite players list, I’m sure a few 2022 kids would probably follow Azzi there.

Reaction Score
UCLA sure has been popping up a lot lately on a few elite players list, I’m sure a few 2022 kids would probably follow Azzi there.
Her AAU coach is also former UCLA basketball and volleyball star Natalie Williams. She will certainly try to push her there.

Reaction Score
I agree that if Fudd commits to UCLA, then 1, 2, or 3 other high level recruits could follow. I just hope Timea Gardiner is not one of them.

Reaction Score
Just wondering if Gardiner garnered any interest from UCONN?
She did. Lister went out to Utah to watch one of her open gyms. If 2022 wasn't so front court heavy, UConn likely would have been on the list, but with Brady committed, it appears Barker, Patterson, and Betts are higher priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom