October non-UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

October non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Potentially a huge addition for DePaul or St. John’s. Held offers from Duke, Northwestern, Ohio State, Clemson, Illinois, Ole Miss, Purdue, and Alabama.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Potentially a huge addition for DePaul or St. John’s. Held offers from Duke, Northwestern, Ohio State, Clemson, Illinois, Ole Miss, Purdue, and Alabama.
Go Big East.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kyndall Hunter has committed to Texas:

Joins her Cy Creek teammate Rori Harmon plus Aaliyah Moore in what's shaping up as a very strong recruiting class for Vic on the Forty Acres. ESPN already had Texas at #4 in the 2021 class ranking before Hunter's announcement.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Great job by Vic Schaefer and his coaching staff in reeling in a tremendous 2021 recruiting class in just 7 months on the job, and not even having coached his first game at Texas yet.

Reaction Score

That's a pretty broad top 13 scattered around the US . The true contenders i see here are UL , SC, Stanford, Oregon & Maybe U of A Or MD.

Reaction Score
That's a pretty broad top 13 scattered around the US . The true contenders i see here are UL , SC, Stanford, Oregon & Maybe U of A Or MD.
If Fudd lands at UCLA I think they will be a true contender as well, a front court for Nnaji and Betts could be pretty good.

Reaction Score
If Fudd lands at UCLA I think they will be a true contender as well, a front court for Nnaji and Betts could be pretty good.
Not with Ms. Close to winning nothing leading the pack. See Nikki Blue , Lisa Willis & Noelle Quinn for answers.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Canada, Billings and Burke are all UCLA alums that have entered the WNBA in recent years, FWIW. While she's a tweener Onyenwere could likely be another next year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Same results

I have to protest that statement a bit. At UCLA Olivier had a .527 winning percentage and .526 in conference, in a less overall competitive league at the time. She made 4 NCAA Tourneys in 15 seasons and only got beyond the second round once. Had 6 seasons w/ sub .500 record in conference.

Close has a .654 winning percentage and .636 in conference. She had 5 Tourney appearances in her first 8 seasons and certainly would've added a 6th last year if there had been one. The Bruins have advanced to the Sweet 16 4 years in a row. 2 seasons sub .500 in conference. While Close isn't a world beater, her resume is much, much better than Olivier's clearly.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Great addition for Marquette, espnW #58 6-2 W/F Kendra Gillespie, a former Ole Miss commit who chose Marquette over Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma State, and TCU:

Very nice get for Megan Duffy and the Warriors. Looks like this addition is largely the work of new Marquette assistant coach Tony Greene, who was at Ole Miss when Gillespie initially committted there. Greene leaves Ole Miss and heads north to Milwaukee. So does Kendra.

Top 60 recruit for who had Carolyn Kieger's 2nd teamers and (most of) 2019 frosh headed to a very probable NCAA bid before the pandemic set it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have to protest that statement a bit. At UCLA Olivier had a .527 winning percentage and .526 in conference, in a less overall competitive league at the time. She made 4 NCAA Tourneys in 15 seasons and only got beyond the second round once. Had 6 seasons w/ sub .500 record in conference.

Close has a .654 winning percentage and .636 in conference. She had 5 Tourney appearances in her first 8 seasons and certainly would've added a 6th last year if there had been one. The Bruins have advanced to the Sweet 16 4 years in a row. 2 seasons sub .500 in conference. While Close isn't a world beater, her resume is much, much better than Olivier's clearly.
No natties = same results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99