OBTW Tennessee Gone 1st Game SEC | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OBTW Tennessee Gone 1st Game SEC

Reaction Score
They reported an elderly former paratrooper to the NCAA for handing Ernie DelleDonne a handmade sign. From his wheelchair.

I don't mean to start this all up again, but I will never, ever get over it.
Nor I. My 65th birthday yesterday was nice : greetings from friends, sweet hours with family, and goodies in the fridge. But the absolute cherry on top was settling in to watch the Lady Vols stink the place up.

Now I'm greedy...so much want to finish their season for them in Bridgeport and spend time afterward reading about it on Volnation.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So, so right. Double like for you. Over on the LadyVol forum there are many there convinced that one of Geno's last remaining desires at the Tourney is to crush UT. Nonsense. Geno's desire is to crush EVERY team in Dallas, and UT is just another opponent. Geno has moved on. Those times are long gone for him. It is some fans that still hold enmity for players, coaches and administrators long gone. Some now passed on. New fans must look upon our generation of fans in puzzlement as we rake over a series of events involving a team that is barely relevant.
Having read a number of posts on VolNation, I respectfully suggest you and CocoHusky may be missing part of the motivation of some TN fans in wanting to meet up with the Huskies and get their asses beat.

IMO, a number of posters were so frustrated by the performance of the team and coaches that they were hoping that a 40-50 pt beat down by UConn would finally force TN to dump Holly and begin the process to restore the program.

It's kind of like undergoing radiation therapy which kills a lot of perfectly healthy cells while trying to kill cancer cells.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Having read a number of posts on VolNation, I respectfully suggest you and CocoHusky may be missing part of the motivation of some TN fans in wanting to meet up with the Huskies and get their asses beat.

IMO, a number of posters were so frustrated by the performance of the team and coaches that they were hoping that a 40-50 pt beat down by UConn would finally force TN to dump Holly and begin the process to restore the program.

It's kind of like undergoing radiation therapy which kills a lot of perfectly healthy cells while trying to kill cancer cells.
I read all of the posts there relating to meeting UConn in the NCAA's. Some thought that losing would be a cathartic for the team and help flush out Holly. But many also were adamant that Geno would enjoy destroying this mediocre team and would act as a cathartic for him as well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I read all of the posts there relating to meeting UConn in the NCAA's. Some thought that losing would be a cathartic for the team and help flush out Holly. But many also were adamant that Geno would enjoy destroying this mediocre team and would act as a cathartic for him as well.
I certainly agree, and I also agree that Geno has moved on. I might make the point to TN fans that the best thing that could possibly happen to them is to face UConn on the court, regardless of the outcome. It just might point the way back to relevance again for a program that has clearly lost its way.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Before:
EfynOLP.png

And after:
vw24Y7g.png

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score

I've seen this, and they are, once again, delusional. If every coach who got beat by UConn that badly got fired, well...there would be a lot of coaching vacancies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I've seen this, and they are, once again, delusional. If every coach who got beat by UConn that badly got fired, well...there would be a lot of coaching vacancies.
I'm not sure that's the point. Most programs were never at UConn's level, at least over the past 25 years.

I think Vol fans are hoping that Holly is teetering on the edge and the administration is potentially considering making a change and just needs one good incentive, i.e. look at how far we've fallen vs a team that we used to compete with every year for national championships.

I tend to think TN really just cares about football and probably won't make a change, but hope springs eternal in Knoxville.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Appreciate the kind words. After watching now 25 losses in the last 2 years with lackluster effort, it's not all that painful anymore. Unfortunately for us LV fans, you guys don't know how losses feel anymore!
Oh we certainly do know how 25 losses feel, we have to go back to 1991-92 season to have count that high... :cool:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One of the problems with reestablishing the game has always been that TN would never apologize to UConn, Maya or her family so long as Pat or her deciples was running the show.

I admit it's a long shot, but if they hired a coach that Geno knows and respects, you just never know what might happen.
You hit the nail on the head. Geno has publicly said he will never play them voluntarily until Tennessee apologizes to Maya and her family. The new HC would need to be willing to do that on behalf of all of Tennessee and their administration. Doubtful that would ever happen, and honestly, Geno likely has zero interest in helping "resurrect" that particular program. I say let them rot.

Reaction Score
You hit the nail on the head. Geno has publicly said he will never play them voluntarily until Tennessee apologizes to Maya and her family. The new HC would need to be willing to do that on behalf of all of Tennessee and their administration. Doubtful that would ever happen, and honestly, Geno likely has zero interest in helping "resurrect" that particular program. I say let them rot.
....in the farthest place in hell, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom