OBTW Tennessee Gone 1st Game SEC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OBTW Tennessee Gone 1st Game SEC

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They reported an elderly former paratrooper to the NCAA for handing Ernie DelleDonne a handmade sign.

I don't mean to start this all up again, but I will never, ever get over it.

Oh for cryin' out loud with Geezus Christ on roller skates. Sounds like the work of Maria Cornelius or her ilk. [Insert annoyed eye roll emoji.]

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I get to use this line for the 3rd or 4th time this season:

"Tennessee is the most consistently inconsistent team I've ever seen!"
They can look really good for 2 games in a row, but 3 appears to be beyond their limit. Four top 10 wins and four bottom 200 losses?

Reaction Score
Absolutely LOVE it. I wonder what seed they will end up with. I think it should be 7 or 8, but it could be as high as 6. They have some amazing wins, but their losses are just atrocious...
Whatever the seed, just put Tenn in the same bracket with UConn ...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Exactement

(I'm learning French, so I'm practicing)

On pourrait dire qu'ils sont bêtes comme ses pieds. :)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
What is going on with that team? They win some big games and lose subsequent games they should win by substantial margins. Charley Creme is now suggesting they should be a 7th seed in the NCAA tournament.

They should hope for a lousy seeding. They would have to play the really good teams ... the ones they beat. Thus avoiding the poor teams ... the one they lose to. Makes perfect sense if you are Holly and her players. :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Here's the full version of the story, straight from the horse's, errr…Kibitzer's mouth: For the record. THE SIGN.
Thank you for that link. Just one more question: Was this the complaint that led to the lone citation for the Maya ESPN visit?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I for one am glad they were beaten, when Tennessee is bad they are BAD, but when they are good they are GOOD... Tennessee may not play great always but they are VERY consistent in elevating their play for higher level opponents. They definitely show up for those games.

I wouldn't want to see Tennessee in the NCAA tournament. Nope.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I watch the second half of the game, Alabama just flat out beat Tennessee. They were hitting shots, driving the lane and actually looked really good against the Vols. I'm not suggesting Alabama is a good team, but they were far better than their 5-11 conference record suggests. Or maybe they play up against the Vols. Props to them.

That said, Tennessee just played with no heart or smarts. Really bad boxing out, defensively the communication was horrible with switches and stopping players from getting in the lane. Bama hit 4-5 great looks from 3 in the second half too. The LVs will get decimated in round 1 if they bring a similar effort defensively.

On the offensive end, just a lot of careless play and poor shot selection. Deshields is as athletic as anyone and her ability to elevate and shoot midrange shots looks beautiful, but she just isn't a good shooter nor a good decision maker. She tried to take over late but should have gotten her teammates involved instead of trying to do it all herself. She can make great plays, but she always seems to be doing her own thing not in the flow of the offense. Skill wise she could be another Angel McCoughtry, but she doesn't bring the same intensity and effort that Angel does. I'll be shocked if she returns after the season. Everyone else was fine but just sort of a mediocre effort on all accounts.

Really tough way to enter the tournament. Last year the team at least made strides going into the NCAA tournament, where this year I'm guessing they will lose in round one.

BB90 - I want to give you a shout out for an honest post on what must have been a painful game for you to watch. And in general for your positive posts throughout the year.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
Opening weekend is designed with two things in mind: minimizing travel and costs and maximizing attendance. TN would likely end up closer to home, i.e. at MD or OSU.

Yes, but think of the extra attendance and attention a UConn vs Tennessee match would engender! Though sadly, opening rounds don't get full tv coverage if I remember from past years.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
:( For the players

:( For Holly, who seems like a nice person. She's just in over her head.

:( For the majority of LV fans that are good folks, who love their players and just want them to succeed.

:p For the Tin Foul Hat Brigade. Enjoy the karma for the pain you brought to an American hero, our Kibitzer.

Nan - an innocent typo or did you just pull off one of the best word puns of all time?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, but think of the extra attendance and attention a UConn vs Tennessee match would engender! Though sadly, opening rounds don't get full tv coverage if I remember from past years.
Believe me, I would love to see it, but realistically there wouldn't be a lot of Vol fans that would make the trip from TN to Storrs just to see their team get buried by the Huskies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is it just me or does Margo seem to be more philosophical about TN? The Vols appear to have broken her spirit.

Good obs. It would appear that reality has set in. I thought she have had been out of her mind after this loss, the way she was after the Alabama loss on Feb 26.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Believe me, I would love to see it, but realistically there wouldn't be a lot of Vol fans that would make the trip from TN to Storrs just to see their team get buried by the Huskies.
I bet Margo would go!

Reaction Score
Tennessee lost. Must be Geno's fault for the upteenth time.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Thank you for that link. Just one more question: Was this the complaint that led to the lone citation for the Maya ESPN visit?
Here's a link to Tennessee's infamous 34-page report. (Link courtesy of DaddyChoc, a little further down the same thread Kib started.) Maya's ESPN visit is referenced very briefly on page 3. I don't know for a fact whether Tennessee filed a different complaint regarding that visit, but I'm not aware of one. If anyone knows differently, please feel free to correct me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom