OBTW Tennessee Gone 1st Game SEC | The Boneyard

OBTW Tennessee Gone 1st Game SEC

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Final: Bama 72 - UTenn 64

face-with-tears-of-joy.png

Reaction Score
What is going on with that team? They win some big games and lose subsequent games they should win by substantial margins. Charley Creme is now suggesting they should be a 7th seed in the NCAA tournament.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Their new AD John Currie coming up in a few minutes with Mr. Peepers, Paul Finebaum, on SE Network.

Reaction Score
Alabama. Fitting. Playing live on SECHD. Low scoring, damn ugly game.
Kind=a proved the scenario---a poster set up: Tenn loses to low teams--beats top teams--but not in the SEC tourney --they done gone!!
So when they get (if) to the NCAA tourney--they'd better only play MD, US Carolina, Wash St, ND, Uconn--or they'll never get to the Final 4 (if)...

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Going to be some interesting conversations on VolNation tonight I think. Just might take a lurid peek.

Edit: I just looked at the box score - Lady Vols were up at the half; gave up 50 points in the second half.

I amend my opening sentence to now read: Going to be some interesting and ugly conversations on VolNation tonight for sure.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
They are so erratic literally nothing that happens in a Tennessee game phases me. Truly ANYTHING can happen in a LV game. I suppose that garners some sort of excitement within fans. It is terrifying to me.

Reaction Score
This is really, really atrocious. I didn't see the game, but Tenn's capacity to underplay easier opponents is breathtaking. This starts and stops with coaching. Coaches have to give their players a sense of urgency. Instead, it's as if Holly just looks perplexed and hasn't conveyed to her players that there are consequences to taking your opponent too lightly. It's like the whole team is content to lose.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This is really, really atrocious.... It's like the whole team is content to lose.

I think you've just said it. Sometimes they play with passion, other times they just want to get the game over with. Surreal.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Absolutely LOVE it. I wonder what seed they will end up with. I think it should be 7 or 8, but it could be as high as 6. They have some amazing wins, but their losses are just atrocious...

tumblr_lj3t79ToKm1qchk28.gif

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Frankly, what this bizarre year for Tennessee reveals most completely is that in the last 5 years Holly and her revolving door assistants have not fastened on a playing system for Tennessee OR have lacked the will to impose it on their recruits. It is street ball for them, pure and simple.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is really, really atrocious. I didn't see the game, but Tenn's capacity to underplay easier opponents is breathtaking. This starts and stops with coaching. Coaches have to give their players a sense of urgency. Instead, it's as if Holly just looks perplexed and hasn't conveyed to her players that there are consequences to taking your opponent too lightly. It's like the whole team is content to lose.

THIS is another reason (there are others) that DeShields is gone after this season, like I've been predicting all year. Why on earth would she want to come back for another year of this??

Ya girl Margo
is going to lose her mind! :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
THIS is another reason (there are others) that DeShields is gone after this season, like I've been predicting all year. Why on earth would she want to come back for another year of this??

Ya girl Margo
is going to lose her mind! :eek:

Recall that she was the answer to this or do I have a faulty memory ? Moses she was not. On to the next tribe in a desert.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yup, Carnac, we want Margo! Will it be in the car or the bathroom or hopefully somewhere where she cannot hurt herself!

PS. I have a serious thought about Tenn and our continuing attention to them, but that can wait for another day. for now, let us just revel in their so well deserved agony.

Reaction Score
the selection committee has an interesting decision to make....there are at least 4 teams in the SEC ahead of Tenn and how could you not take Alabama over them since they have beaten Tenn twice...a couple of other teams with comparable records have a chance to take another step in the SEC tournament...Imo, if they do get in it will be no higher than 8 and probably lower

Reaction Score
I think you mean Univ. of Washington. The Cougars from Pullman will not be seeing any post season play of any type.
The reason I like Uconn there is only ONE Uconn---and If I put the U before it or after it--I rarely get corrected---the others are Cent Con, East West Southern Conn --I also like the OKLA teams---Sooner or Cowboys ---no U's to mess with there. Fla drives me nuts--too many.
But Wash of Fla is what will be my designation of choice --I'll know an you'll know the team if Uconn plays them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
the selection committee has an interesting decision to make....there are at least 4 teams in the SEC ahead of Tenn and how could you not take Alabama over them since they have beaten Tenn twice...a couple of other teams with comparable records have a chance to take another step in the SEC tournament...Imo, if they do get in it will be no higher than 8 and probably lower

If the Comm. wants to show the growth of WCBB, reading parity, the Vols should be way down if in it at all. All they have done is expose the inconsistency of the SEC teams in general. 4 of them is frankly way more than enough.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
DD 4/14, foulrd out. Only 3 to, tho.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Broadway--on the East Coast it might be easy to confuse the Washington or Oregon schools, but out here if you get them mixed up, well it's just not done. There are fairly bitter rivalries and significant cultural divides between the state schools in the Northwest.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Going to be some interesting conversations on VolNation tonight I think. Just might take a lurid peek.

Edit: I just looked at the box score - Lady Vols were up at the half; gave up 50 points in the second half.

I amend my opening sentence to now read: Going to be some interesting and ugly conversations on VolNation tonight for sure.

Just left Volnation. Oh my are they upset! Good for a laugh.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Not just up, but opened up a ten point lead 34-24 early in second half.

They had beaten all four of the teams ranked ahead of themselves in the SEC tournament, so they were looking good if they could get by their first round.

When's the last time they lost to 'Bama twice in the same season?

In fact, they lost their second game in 2015-2016, so that's three consecutive losses to Alabama. My guess id that has never happened before.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom