Now who is going to be the DC? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Now who is going to be the DC?

Reaction Score
Look closer. UM had 3 losses - all of them needed the vaunted D to make a stand at the end, all of them resulted in losses. It's one thing to handle Rutgers, Ill., and Maryland, but for all of the good DB does (and I like a lot of his attacking style), he proves repeatedly he can not design a plan to hold a lead.

I'd take DB's defense any day. His kids play with their hair on fire. What offense/defense/special team is perfect? None. He's the best defensive coordinator in all of college football.

Reaction Score
I'd take DB's defense any day. His kids play with their hair on fire. What offense/defense/special team is perfect? None. He's the best defensive coordinator in all of college football.

Not one person in the world would have called him "the best in all of college football" until he had this Michigan roster.

I like Brown, and he's a very good coach, but to judge any coach by how his players play for a year is a bit silly. For a coach, who doesn't tackle anyone, you have to look at the body of work over time.

Reaction Score
Not one person in the world would have called him "the best in all of college football" until he had this Michigan roster.

I like Brown, and he's a very good coach, but to judge any coach by how his players play for a year is a bit silly. For a coach, who doesn't tackle anyone, you have to look at the body of work over time.

Did you see what he did here with our roster???

Reaction Score

Yes. He did a good job. But given the amount of NFL caliber players he had and the results, it was hardly something that would justify your superlatives

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In all candor, with the talent he inherited here, the results would have been far better if he were a little more risk averse.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In all candor, with the talent he inherited here, the results would have been far better if he were a little more risk averse.
Brown was risk averse? I thought if anything it was the opposite. He didn't know when to turn down the heat...which allowed big plays to happen. Offenses would stop the blitz leaving the secondary exposed....and lots of completed third and longs.

He was fun to watch....but big play susceptibility.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Brown was risk averse? I thought if anything it was the opposite. He didn't know when to turn down the heat...which allowed big plays to happen. Offenses would stop the blitz leaving the secondary exposed....and lots of completed third and longs.

He was fun to watch....but big play susceptibility.
Reread my post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom