Now who is going to be the DC? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Now who is going to be the DC?

Reaction Score
If Diaco get's hired right away, is a portion of the buyout voided?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I expect my eyelids to get a bit heavy right around 10:30. And THAT(!!) is when medic will drop the BOOM?

Reaction Score
It's worked pretty well for the Patriots.... just sayin
True, and assuming you are not being sarcastic :eek:...the Patriots have Tom Brady! He certainly can make up the situations when the defense does break. Eitherscoring quickly in a two minute drill or running down the clock...the patriots uncanny ability at clock management is why that strategy with the tools they have to enforce it is why it works...My beloved UConn not so much :(

Reaction Score
If Diaco get's hired right away, is a portion of the buyout voided?
Medic says no. He read through the details apparently

I read both of Diaco's contract that have been made public - it is silent on any new employment offsets that i can see. I can't tell you w/ 100% certainty if there was a side letter/MOU w/ the termination but I have seen nothing indicating there was.

Reaction Score
I read both of Diaco's contract that have been made public - it is silent on any new employment offsets that i can see. I can't tell you w/ 100% certainty if there was a side letter/MOU w/ the termination but I have seen nothing indicating there was.
Interesting. Thanks for the feedback, Medic!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What are the odds the next DC comes from the Lions? Perhaps gets Athletic Dorector...Dave got his guy and HCRE gets his. And brings in a Tony Oden or ...Bill Sheridan (stop laughing) who is the Lions LB coach?

Reaction Score
What are the odds the next DC comes from the Lions? Perhaps gets Athletic Dorector...Dave got his guy and HCRE gets his. And brings in a Tony Oden or ...Bill Sheridan (stop laughing) who is the Lions LB coach?

Why not Al Goden

Reaction Score
Sucky defense and passive defense are two entirely different things. Plenty of teams win playing reactive defense. We've won playing reactive defense. We need good athletes and good coaches and non-idiots running it.

Clearly true about reactive defense. However Golden plays passively and he's an idiot. He always plays not to lose and winds up doing exactly that.

Reaction Score

He has to be paid $3.4M within 60 days right?

It it was stretched out over 2-3 years I could see there being a clause allowing us to pay the difference between his salary and what we would have paid him. But with it all due in a short time period, I'm guessing he gets 100% no matter what happens.

I'm not losing out on $3.4M to take an assistant job at $500k/year. I don't think he'd even be interviewing if there was a chance taking a job would forfeit any significant portion of the buyout.

C

Chief00

He said he doesn't favor sexual assault but is in favor of due process. I don't have a problem with that. The Duke Lacrosse case is an example where due process no longer exists for those accused of sexual assault on college campuses.
Did you notice his buyout was $500k not $3.4 million - what on Earth were we thinking?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sometimes I read these posts and feel like I must have missed the two years where we played defense under Brown and went undefeated both years, shutting everyone out.

Yeah, where were you during those years BL? Do you have retrograde amnesia or something?

Reaction Score
Yes yes, Michigan and its' fans are furious with their #1 overall total defense ranking for the year I am sure.

Look closer. UM had 3 losses - all of them needed the vaunted D to make a stand at the end, all of them resulted in losses. It's one thing to handle Rutgers, Ill., and Maryland, but for all of the good DB does (and I like a lot of his attacking style), he proves repeatedly he can not design a plan to hold a lead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom