Now who is going to be the DC? | The Boneyard

Now who is going to be the DC?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Is there a superstar DC or NFL DC that could be coming to Storrs? After bringing in Lashlee, the universe to choose seems a lot bigger!!

Reaction Score
Is there a superstar DC or NFL DC that could be coming to Storrs? After bringing in Lashlee, the universe to choose seems a lot bigger!!

I would think they make that announcement tomorrow. Hopefully it's another slam dunk.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't know, but Athletic Director Dave will probably tell Randy who he's hiring for that job, too.

(OK, now I'm doing it intentionally.)

Reaction Score
In a dream world, Lawrence Taylor, off field issues aside. Anticipation building for Benedict's announcement.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Given the connections it's wouldn't be outrageous if it were Tracy Claeys.

That's been my feeling as well, also given the timing here. I actually kind of expect it now. At the very least I think BG made a call to put him and Randy in a room together.

Reaction Score
Taking into consideration our current financial situation (read: Diaco buyout), paying our OC $350K, and HCRE being a defensive guy, I think the DC will be less of a big splash and more of a bargain buy to fit the coaches' salary pool.

Reaction Score
Taking into consideration our current financial situation (read: Diaco buyout), paying our OC $350K, and HCRE being a defensive guy, I think the DC will be less of a big splash and more of a bargain buy to fit the coaches' salary pool.
The Asst salary pool would allow for a similar paycheck to the DC as well.

Reaction Score
Like everyone else, I believe that if all goes well, Lashlee is the "heir apparent" when Randy retires. Unless, of course, he does really well and is scoffed up quickly by a major school.

We seem to be in a "win now"/"bring the program back to immediate respectability" mode, rather than a 3 year build mode. Fortunately, UCONN's HC and OC hires may open the door up to additional candidates and we will not have to settle for a retread or unproven coach.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised. I just think it's too politically hot to make sense. Is the guy so outstanding that we need to risk legislative support for the University?

Sadly you might be right. But the guy is not Art Briles. What he did was more stupid than wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom