November UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

November UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don’t follow the recruiting wants of UConn as much as others here. We have some gurus here that know about all of the top/most coveted recruits in the country.

I read their posts to try and keep up. That being said, is Azzi now at the top of UConn’s wish list? Who are the top 3 recruits on Geno’s wish list for the 2021 and 2022 classes?
Azzi is at the top of everyone wish list. She was the best HS player in the country as a Sophomore. You can find a lot more in the monthly recruiting thread.
Geno doesn't really do wish list.
Composite top rankings for 2021
1. Azzi Fudd G-UCONN very very very very very ......interested.
2. Olivia Miles G-UCONN Interested
3. Saniya Rivers G -UCONN Interested
4. Aaliyah Moore F-UCONN Interested
5. Amari DeBerry P-Verbal to UCONN
6. Brooke Demetre F-Verbal to Stanford
7. Payton Verhulst G UCONN is interested
8. Sania Feagin F -No UCONN interest reported
9. Saylor Poffenbarger G-Verbal to UCONN
10. Okikola Iriafen F -No UCONN interest reported.
11. Rayah Marshall G-Holding a UCONN offer

Rankings for 2022
1) Lauren Betts P - UCONN very interested and the interest is though to be mutual
2) Janiah Barker F -UCONN very interested CD went to Florida to see her play recently
3) Isuneh Brady C-Visited UCONN two weeks ago.
4-10) UCONN is interested in most and is evaluating closely.

Reaction Score
Azzi is at the top of everyone wish list. She was the best HS player in the country as a Sophomore. You can find a lot more in the monthly recruiting thread.
Geno doesn't really do wish list.
Composite top rankings for 2021
1. Azzi Fudd G-UCONN very very very very very ......interested.
2. Olivia Miles G-UCONN Interested
3. Saniya Rivers G -UCONN Interested
4. Aaliyah Moore F-UCONN Interested
5. Amari DeBerry P-Verbal to UCONN
6. Brooke Demetre F-Verbal to Stanford
7. Payton Verhulst G UCONN is interested
8. Sania Feagin F -No UCONN interest reported
9. Saylor Poffenbarger G-Verbal to UCONN
10. Okikola Iriafen F -No UCONN interest reported.
11. Rayah Marshall G-Holding a UCONN offer

Rankings for 2022
1) Lauren Betts P - UCONN very interested and the interest is though to be mutual
2) Janiah Barker F -UCONN very interested CD went to Florida to see her play recently
3) Isuneh Brady C-Visited UCONN two weeks ago.
4-10) UCONN is interested in most and is evaluating closely.

while I think she's going to be a heck of a player I wonder how much current interest UConn has in Olivia Miles with Bueckers and Muhl already in the fold..............I suppose that would go for any '21 point guard at this time..............a second option at shooting guard seems more of a need in case goes elsewhere..........

Reaction Score
Does Fudd have an official list of schools on her list? My apologies if it has already ben discussed numerous times.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
USA Today has released its ALL-USA preseason team of 25 players.

Paige Bueckers and Mir Mclean are on it as are UConn POI:

Lauren Betts, Janiah Barker, Isuneh Brady, Payton Verhulst, Olivia Miles, Talia Von Oelhoffen, and Raven Johnson.

Azzi Fudd is absent which I can only take as meaning they don't believe she will play.

There is a slideshow of the team.

Reaction Score
Azzi has visited MD and ND multiple times. She has also visited South Carolina at least once.
I'm looking at the Scholarship Grid and we already have 12 players for 2021. I hope we left room for Azzi Fudd!?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm looking at the Scholarship Grid and we already have 12 players for 2021. I hope we left room for Azzi Fudd!?

Plenty of room for Azzi + another player. The scholarship limit is actually 15 although UCONN rarely approaches that number. Anna Date of Birth is March 31, 2000 which makes her WNBA draft eligible in April 2022 & Evina Westbrook is WNBA eligible April 2020. The 2021 & 2022 HS classes are loaded with talent, UCONN might as well stock up.

Reaction Score
anybody who thinks Geno is retiring in the next four seasons is crazy.....................what coach would walk away from a player like that?

Not hoping for any of these scenarios, but ...

1) A 65 yr old coach who suddenly has health problems,
2) A 65 yr old coach whose wife suddenly has health problems,
3) although I expect that CD will go with Geno when that day comes, but, perhaps a coach who has stocked
the cupboard and wants to let a long time, loyal assistant demonstrate what she always could have been as a HC,
4) A HC who wants to have a drop-dead stupendous recruiting class in the offing, one that would presumably
walk en-masse, to make certain that some idiot AD doesn't ruin his legacy by hiring a washed-up, former,
mediocre coach (say the WBB equivalent of Paul Pasqualoni, for instance) to carry his program forward,
perhaps, somebody like Lin Dunn, say, or
5) A 65 yr old Italian emigrant head coach who ... gets offered the post of Ambassador to Italy?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members