November Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

November Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
OK, the next few days can be interesting, if not exciting. We are expecting to hear from Ashlyn, KK, and Quadence with their signing of their LOI. That is the expecting part, but what can we hope for to be the exciting part? Jana El Afry? I'm not sure who else is ready to commit but hearing from her will be exciting enough at this time. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear something. Go Huskies. If anyone hears anything, please post.
Well, well, well. I got my wish and I'm feeling fine. KK, Ashlynn, and Qadence sent in their expected LOI, and now the exciting part has come to fruition as Jana El Alfry has committed to us. OMG, what a great day.

Reaction Score
Prosper is announcing Saturday

Attachments

• 20221109_201254.jpg
    20221109_201254.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 136
Reaction Score
Are we done for this early signing period? Any chance that Geno has another player who has not committed ready to spring upon us? If yes. That would be one hell of a game changer. The UConn men signed five.

Would be great to snag Watkins prying her from another school.

Or even a name or two from the following class. Chavez would awesome

Reaction Score
Are we done for this early signing period? Any chance that Geno has another player who has not committed ready to spring upon us? If yes. That would be one hell of a game changer. The UConn men signed five.

2023 is almost certainly done since the school released a press statement on this class of recruits.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So who would we consider the biggest targets for 2024?

My Top 5 would be Jaloni Cambridge, Sarah Strong, Allie Ziebell, Britt Prince and Toby Fournier.
Well I'll throw out 5 just to match up with your 5.
Position Name ....(Why)
PG Imari Berry (Reportedly has a UCONN offer and dad hates TN allegedly=perfect!)
SG Morgan Cheli (Because UCONN missed out on Haley Jones)
F Justice Carlson (Has UCONN in her list already and she's from Texas)
C: Adhel Tac (Became a fan girl when she met Sue Bird so she knows what's at stake)
PF: Kate Koval (She is Lithuania & will continue the linage of foreign imports to Storrs)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well I'll throw out 5 just to match up with your 5.
Position Name ....(Why)
PG Imari Berry (Reportedly has a UCONN offer and dad hates TN allegedly=perfect!)
SG Morgan Cheli (Because UCONN missed out on Haley Jones)
F Justice Carlson (Has UCONN in her list already and she's from Texas)
C: Adhel Tac (Became a fan girl when she met Sue Bird so she knows what's at stake)
PF: Kate Koval (She is Lithuania & will continue the linage of foreign imports to Storrs)
You are in charge of recruiting for the Boneyard so why don't you convince UConn to recruit Jocyte? I have read that she is a top-of the line, elite recruit.

Reaction Score
You are in charge of recruiting for the Boneyard so why don't you convince UConn to recruit Jocyte? I have read that she is a top-of the line, elite recruit.

Is she already a Pro? It’s hard for me to understand since she’s so young.

Reaction Score
I have little doubt that Jocyte is completely aware that UConn wants her. It looks as though she simply is not interested. Disappointing for us, but I’m thinking we may be able to survive without her!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have little doubt that Jocyte is completely aware that UConn wants her. It looks as though she simply is not interested. Disappointing for us, but I’m thinking we may be able to survive without her!
On the bright side, her name is way too hard to spell.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Watkins is down to four schools including Stanford, SC, and Arizona.

Reaction Score

Of course we can’t put too much emphasis on Social Media, but she only follows UConn on Instagram and she’s followed by both Azzi and Coach Valley.

Reaction Score
Yes, she plays for a pro team and will be 17 next week. But from what I understand, she doesn't take a regular salary. Only an allowable stipend so that she retains her amateur status for now.

That sounds like music to my ears. Let the recruitment commence.

Reaction Score
Yes, she plays for a pro team and will be 17 next week. But from what I understand, she doesn't take a regular salary. Only an allowable stipend so that she retains her amateur status for now.
Well well! Hope springs eternal! Perhaps I was too hasty. Darn it! Now you’ve got me hoping again!:)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
"Sarah is as skilled a player as you'll find in youth basketball,'' HoopseenW/All-Star Girls Report National Director of Scouting Nate Altenhofen said. "She has great vision as a passer from the forward position. She will be highly-sought after.''

That already is coming true. North Carolina, Connecticut, Clemson and Harvard are among the schools that already are showing interest. Oh, and there also is NC State, which offered Sarah a scholarship when she was 15. A lot of people are just assuming Strong is destined for NC State.

There's a lot of logic in that. First, there is proximity. Then, there is the fact that Danny Strong and Revelle both have strong relationships with NC State coach Wes Moore. Revelle also was an NC State athlete but his sport was football.

But there are no guarantees as NC State fans found out when Wilmington's Saniyah Rivers opted for South Carolina in 2021 as a freshman and since transferred back to NC State for her sophomore season and Raleigh native Imani Lester signed with Louisville last November where she will be a freshman.

"My dad keeps telling me it's my walk, my choice,'' Sarah Strong said. "There already are a lot of good options and there may be more coming. It's hard not to get excited. But I'm just going to let it all play out and see what's most comfortable for me.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom