November Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

November Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Top 20 girls combo guards in the country entering the 2022-23 high school basketball season​

Dee Alexander, soph., Purcell Marian (Ohio)​

Alexander burst onto the scene as a freshman, leading Purcell Marian to its first state championship in program history. The 6-foot-2 dynamo averaged 24.5 points, 12.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 3.9 steals and 1.4 blocks last season, and her team looks poised for another three state championships with Alexander around.

Morgan Cheli, jr., Archbishop Mitty (California)​

Cheli led her team in steals in leading the U.S. Women's National Team to the gold medal at the 2022 FIBA U17 World Cup in Hungary. As a sophomore she averaged 14.8 points, 6.9 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 3.3 steals, helping Archbishop Mitty finish with a 30-2 record and Central Coast Section and Northern Region Open Division championships.

ZaKiyah Johnson, soph., Sacred Heart Academy (Kentucky)​

Johnson followed up being named Kentucky Gatorade Player of the Year and winning a state championship as a freshman by winning an AAU national title with the West Virginia Thunder over the summer. The 5-foot-11 phenom averaged 17.8 points, 7.8 rebounds and 3.1 assists as a freshman.

Ashlynn Shade, sr., La Lumiere (Indiana)​

Shade transferred in the offseason from Noblesville to La Lumiere. The UConn commit racked up 1,698 points, 606 rebounds, 282 assists and 314 steals in three varsity seasons at Noblesville, including winning a 4A state championship last season.

Allie Ziebell, jr., Neenah (Wisconsin)​

Ziebell led the state in scoring as a sophomore, averaging 30.2 points per game, and the sharpshooter led her AAU team to a national championship over the summer. Her offers are piling up, including a recent one from UConn.

Mike Swanson
Top 20 girls combo guards in the country entering the 2022 high school basketball season

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Top 20 girls point guards in the country entering the 2022-23 high school basketball season​

KK Arnold, sr., Germantown (Wisconsin)​

Arnold is a fixture on the USA Basketball circuit and committed to UConn last November. The 5-foot-9 point guard with stunning speed helped Germantown to a 2021 state championship and was named Wisconsin's Gatorade Player of the Year.

Jaloni Cambridge, jr., The Ensworth School (Tennessee)​

ESPN ranks Cambridge the top junior in the country regardless of position, and she already holds offers from major college programs in every region. She averaged 17.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.8 steals and 3.1 assists as a sophomore while leading her team to the state championship.

Aaliyah Chavez, soph., Monterey (Texas)​

Chavez has been on scouts' radar since eighth grade, and the 5-foot-9 prototypical point guard is expected to make huge strides as a sophomore. “She has taken things to a whole new level,’’ Nate Altenhofen, national scouting director for All-Star Girls Basketball Report, said this summer. “She’s the No. 1 player for 2025 and the No. 1 point guard of any class. She is breaking ankles off the dribble and creating 3-point shots for herself like (NBA star) Trae Young.’’

Britt Prince, jr., Elkhorn North (Nebraska)​

Prince stuffed the stat sheet with 24.1 points, seven rebounds, 4.4 steals and 4.3 assists per game as a sophomore in leading Elkhorn North to a 26-1 record and its second straight state championship. In just two seasons playing for her mom, coach Ann Prince, Britt has already eclipsed 1,000 career points.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jaloni Cambridge ('24) has a UConn offer:

Meanwhile, Cambridge, the reigning MaxPreps National Sophomore of the Year, jumps to the top of the Class of 2024 after leading Ensworth to a No. 24 ranking in the final MaxPreps Top 25. The Tigers went 24-4, winning the Division II Class AA title as the 5-foot-6 Cambridge averaged 17.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.8 steals and 3.1 assists. The two-time Tennessean player of the year also had a 1.5 assist/turnover ratio and made 34 percent of her 3-pointers.

Cambridge has offers from Baylor, UConn, Florida, Louisville, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
ZaKiyah Johnson,received a visit and an offer this summer from Auriemma, one of the youngest players he has offered.

Reaction Score
Jaloni Cambridge ('24) has a UConn offer:

Meanwhile, Cambridge, the reigning MaxPreps National Sophomore of the Year, jumps to the top of the Class of 2024 after leading Ensworth to a No. 24 ranking in the final MaxPreps Top 25. The Tigers went 24-4, winning the Division II Class AA title as the 5-foot-6 Cambridge averaged 17.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.8 steals and 3.1 assists. The two-time Tennessean player of the year also had a 1.5 assist/turnover ratio and made 34 percent of her 3-pointers.

Cambridge has offers from Baylor, UConn, Florida, Louisville, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

Not that she isn’t talented enough but I’m a little surprised UConn offered her with only one year of separation from Arnold. I could see her staying home in Tennessee with no competition at PG.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not that she isn’t talented enough but I’m a little surprised UConn offered her with only one year of separation from Arnold. I could see her staying home in Tennessee with no competition at PG.

I stopped being surprised when UConn began recruiting Prince, Cambridge, Berry, Jones, Chavez, and others in the two classes after Arnold.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I read on the Vol board they hate Tennessee. Nothing specific though
Good Mythical Morning Agree GIF by Rhett and Link

Reaction Score
Jaloni Cambridge has been quoted as saying she want's to go to a school that hasn't won a N.C. in 3 years, because she wants to help put that team on top. Read into that what you will.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I wonder why they have Shade at Indiana and not committed to UConn.

Reaction Score
I read on the Vol board they hate Tennessee. Nothing specific though
The Vol Board is very paranoid about non-portal recruiting these days.VERY. Conspiracy theories like “ negative recruiting” and “she was bought” abound. Her sister played for Vandy so, of course, the family has not been huge Vol fans for the past four years. Hence, a kernel of truth for paranoia to attach to.

However, she and the fam have made a couple of unofficial visits to UT, so I think “hate” is an overstatement. While she may not gush with enthusiasm over the Vols, the way their fanatics expect from a home state player, I doubt she “ hates” them.

I think they have a shot if Kelly shows they can be a player on the national scene again by returning them to elite 8 status.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Come On No GIF by Northwest Motorsport

Looks like Ava Heiden from Oregon has verbally committed to Iowa joining Olivia Olson as the first two top 50 players in class of 2024 to commit. Either player would have been a tremendous get for UCONN in this class but it was not meant to be. Still a very talented class so on to the next.

Wrote the following in September:
" When it is all said and done I think this young lady (Ava Heiden) will emerge as the top Post prospect in the class of 2024.
I sincerely hope UCONN is recruiting her- Full court press is necessary.'

Reaction Score
In the past yes , then she took an unofficial visit to tennessee last summer with her parents so it seems shaky . Im still confident she wont be at tennessee but the visit was strange if she was so certain right ?
I know she was on campus but there was a question of if she ever met with the coaches. I never heard if a meeting with the coaches was confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom