November Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

November Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Question(s) Re: International prospects.

Are international prospects like El Alfy and Cassandra Prosper bound by the Early Signing Periods and regular signing periods?

If they want to enroll in January, do they have to sign LOIs in the Early Signing Period? Can they just enroll in January?

Q: Are international prospects like El Alfy and Cassandra Prosper bound by the Early Signing Periods and regular signing periods?
A: Yes

Q:If they want to enroll in January, do they have to sign LOIs in the Early Signing Period?
A: No

Q: Can they just enroll in January?
A: Yes If she wants to enroll in January they must meet other NCAA requirements for eligibility such as HS graduation, GPA core classes etc... Signing her NLI is not one of those requirements.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
OK, the next few days can be interesting, if not exciting. We are expecting to hear from Ashlyn, KK, and Quadence with their signing of their LOI. That is the expecting part, but what can we hope for to be the exciting part? Jana El Afry? I'm not sure who else is ready to commit but hearing from her will be exciting enough at this time. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear something. Go Huskies. If anyone hears anything, please post.

Reaction Score
I read on the Vol board they hate Tennessee. Nothing specific though
Sounds like a great UConn recruit!
Well Done Bravo GIF by WNBA

Reaction Score
Word out of Louisville is no 2023 recruits will sign with the Cardinals in the early signing period.
This is potentially very good news regarding El Alfy. Louisville was supposedly going after her hard, and she is apparently a 2023 recruit. Translation- Louisville is not getting her.

Reaction Score
Correction to previous post. That is assuming she intends to announce during the early signing period which i guess we don't really know.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
According to a FB post from UConn Women’s Basketball, Ashlynn has signed on.
I can't copy the FB link, so...
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A 5-foot-10 guard from Noblesville, IN<br><br>Welcome to UConn, Ashlynn! <a href="https://post original url/bGa3Aa6YyE">pic.twitter.com/bGa3Aa6YyE</a></p>&mdash; UConn Women’s Basketball (@UconnWBB) <a href="">November 9, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reaction Score
I was doing a bit of digging and going through Jana El Alfy's Instagram, she still only follows Uconn basketball page. The national team she currently playing for is an tournament right now. Im guessing once they're done she will make an decision i hope she comes our way. Only recruit she isnt following is Qadence but Qadence follows her tho.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
This is great news! Now...I hope that Geno tells us she will be in Storrs for second semester
this season.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Have you got a link or is it social media?
I think he meant that Geno's statement that "we're not done yet" amounts to tacit confirmation of El Alfy's commitment. I would like to believe that -- I can't imagine who else he could be referring to.

Reaction Score
Have you got a link or is it social media?
That’s just me assuming. Of course, it’s all speculation. Geno could be referring to El Alfy or some other international recruit (I do hope he’s referring to Jana, though).

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
That’s just me assuming. Of course, it’s all speculation. Geno could be referring to El Alfy or some other international recruit (I do hope he’s referring to Jana, though).
You should note that you are assuming when posting something that states "CONFIRMED".
An assumption can't be a confirmation.

Reaction Score
Well I’m hoping it’s her as well. Then again I would I would be happy with anyone. This refers to any upcoming class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom