November Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

November Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Reports here...never an error in those of course...have indicated that she might be planning to graduate 'early' which in turn might allow her to enter the college of her choice for second semester. She would have a running head start on
academics/weight and nutrition programs/working on her game with future teammates etc. Come November 2023...ready to roll! Also...conceivably if she shows enough...maybe get some PT in the second half of the season...probably doubtful granted.

The news on Jana? Be still beating heart. We already have an excellent 2023 class....Jana would bounce it to a higher level.

Reaction Score
A UConn commitment from Elalfay would certainly take some of the sting away from the bad injury news which has befallen the team.......the video doesn't lie..........her mobility and aggression are just what UConn needs........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A UConn commitment from Elalfay would certainly take some of the sting away from the bad injury news which has befallen the team.......the video doesn't lie..........her mobility and aggression are just what UConn needs........

I don't think anything takes away from yet another year without Paige Bueckers.

Reaction Score
This is the best news I've had all day. Shows what kind of day ,or where my priorities are. Have been following her for awhile now and this has to be viewed as a positive. Early signing period runs from Nov. 9th to Nov. 16th, so until her signature is on the contract we can only speculate.

Reaction Score
The 2023's are getting close to being resolved. Might only be a few real difference makers left among top prospects. Watkins of course and Hidalgo, Fulwiley, Prosper and of course a young lady from Egypt. In addition to our success, I am curious how South Carolina, Arizona and Stanford turn out, because they are in the hunt for some of those. and could be our major competitors over the next few years. I kinda hope those players wind up at second tier championship contenders, and we of course wind up with El Alfy.

Reaction Score
TeamFirst, agree.I also think Watkins and Prosper are wild cards. My gut tells me it's going to be Watkins to Arizona. Auriemma would have another bounce in his step if he got positive news from them or El Alfy.

Reaction Score
You could make a case that we drop to a #5 recruiting class unless we get Alfy.
Depends on who goes where. There are some schools that would not leap-frog over us with just one of the remaining top recruits. Then there are schools like Arizona, South Carolina and I think Stanford that are contenders for one or even two of the high ranked remaining prospects. They could move up towards the top, but regardless #5 is pretty good, and if we get El Alfy we would deserve consideration for the top spot too.

It probably wouldn't show up in the ESPN rankings as much as it should, however, because they don't have a ranking for El Alfy and generally underate all foreign players if they rank them at all. Just the way it is.

Reaction Score
Depends on who goes where. There are some schools that would not leap-frog over us with just one of the remaining top recruits. Then there are schools like Arizona, South Carolina and I think Stanford that are contenders for one or even two of the high ranked remaining prospects. They could move up towards the top, but regardless #5 is pretty good, and if we get El Alfy we would deserve consideration for the top spot too.

It probably wouldn't show up in the ESPN rankings as much as it should, however, because they don't have a ranking for El Alfy and generally underate all foreign players if they rank them at all. Just the way it is.
Yeah, that’s not the only reason it wouldn’t make much difference on ESPN rankings!

Reaction Score
Were there any recruits at the game? I would assume probably not. But, would bet on having a couple at the Texas game.

Reaction Score
Question(s) Re: International prospects.

Are international prospects like El Alfy and Cassandra Prosper bound by the Early Signing Periods and regular signing periods?

If they want to enroll in January, do they have to sign LOIs in the Early Signing Period? Can they just enroll in January?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Question(s) Re: International prospects.

Are international prospects like El Alfy and Cassandra Prosper bound by the Early Signing Periods and regular signing periods?

If they want to enroll in January, do they have to sign LOIs in the Early Signing Period? Can they just enroll in January?
As previously posted, LOIs are not required to play NCAA college sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom