November Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

November Recruiting Thread

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I missed the Kiki Rice thread but wanted to share some insights as I have watched her play several times with both her high school and EYBL teams. UCLA is the school where she can make an immediate impact. After scoring only 2 points in front of Geno this summer I was surprised that he would have continued to recruit her. She has tremendous ability and is smart and very coachable. Unfortunately she plays for a high school that doesn’t play in a difficult conference and the coach has not played much of a difficult preseason schedule in the past. Kiki is marked extremely well and her last name and privilege have opened doors for her that she should have had to work harder for. It was a huge controversy for her to win the Gatorade player of the year in soccer as she lacks real skill but again managed to score goals against teams that were JV level talent. I don’t want to sound negative and I hope that she has an amazing college career.
larry-david-insight-check.gif

Thanks for sharing......... I think!

Reaction Score
View attachment 71023
Thanks for sharing......... I think!
Bball96114: "Kiki is marked extremely well and her last name and privilege have opened doors for her that she should have had to work harder for." Your above statement represents some hugely subjective biased viewpoints. I would suggest a bit more substantiation before you attempt to advance such a controversial claim. There are more than a few seasoned BYers whose recruiting assessments that I trust--including Coco Husky--who thought very highly of Kiki and were not duped into this sentiment simply because her aunt was once national security adviser.... Wow , @Bball96114, this is unreal

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bball96114: "Kiki is marked extremely well and her last name and privilege have opened doors for her that she should have had to work harder for." Your above statement represents some hugely subjective biased viewpoints. I would suggest a bit more substantiation before you attempt to advance such a controversial claim. There are more than a few seasoned BYers whose recruiting assessments that I trust--including Coco Husky--who thought very highly of Kiki and were not duped into this sentiment simply because her aunt was once national security adviser.... Wow , @Bball96114, this is unreal
Bball96114 first and only post. Hmmm? Jumper is that you tryna sabotage the boneyards good name? Begone!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Early October:

This past weekend, Hope International University played host to their annual high school showcase. The event serves as a tune up to the regular season and gives high school teams an opportunity to compete against some top competition. I was able to attend the event on Sunday 10/10 and here’s a quick look at some additional standouts I saw.

1. Kennedy Smith

- Etiwanda 2024

Smith has the all makings of being a good post player who can do a couple of other things too. She’s a good finisher inside and she uses her body well to bump off the defense. She has good footwork in the post and can spin away from her defender as well. Good rebounder who boxes out properly. Defensively, she’s quick and mobile. She has the ability to body up bigs in the paint and she has the speed and length to switch out on wings.

Reaction Score
Ciera is a terrific golfer. She might be as good at golf as she is at basketball.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah. Well for those of us who saw KiKi in the 3x3's this year you can pretty much throw all those presumptive, speculative and negative comments into a cocked hat.

Reaction Score
Ciera is a terrific golfer. She might be as good at golf as she is at basketball.

Really? Unless she is also being recruited by some of the top golf programs, I can't imagine that she is anywhere near the golfer that she is the basketball player.

Reaction Score
Kiki can play golf all year ‘round in Southern California.
End of discussion.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I missed the Kiki Rice thread but wanted to share some insights as I have watched her play several times with both her high school and EYBL teams. UCLA is the school where she can make an immediate impact. After scoring only 2 points in front of Geno this summer I was surprised that he would have continued to recruit her. She has tremendous ability and is smart and very coachable. Unfortunately she plays for a high school that doesn’t play in a difficult conference and the coach has not played much of a difficult preseason schedule in the past. Kiki is marked extremely well and her last name and privilege have opened doors for her that she should have had to work harder for. It was a huge controversy for her to win the Gatorade player of the year in soccer as she lacks real skill but again managed to score goals against teams that were JV level talent. I don’t want to sound negative and I hope that she has an amazing college career.
Well, you failed on that one.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If she really in interested in Tennessee, she should first follow VolNation and read how they treat and talk about their current players. Its so vile and disrespectful at times, and if I were a parent, I would not allow their kid to even visit that place.
If I were a parent, I would hope my daughter wouldn't make any decisions based on message boards.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Bball96114 first and only post. Hmmm? Jumper is that you tryna sabotage the boneyards good name? Begone!
Jumper said he was on the road the last couple of days so it probably wasn't him. Does he have a son?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom