November Recruiting Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

November Recruiting Thread

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What class year is she? I know the Euro's can classify early, on-time or late so I never know.
Premier basketball is carrying her as class of ‘23.
@Sluconn Husky posted an full article yesterday indicating that the family has a tough decision to make regarding her future. IMO I don’t see college basketball as part of her future. Her game is just too advance and I don’t think tshe going to get the right level of run in NCAA (even at UCONN) for her to keep getting better.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Premier basketball is carrying her as class of ‘23.
@Sluconn Husky posted an full article yesterday indicating that the family has a tough decision to make regarding her future. IMO I don’t see college basketball as part of her future. Her game is just too advance and I don’t think tshe going to get the right level of run in NCAA (even at UCONN) for her to keep getting better.
You state an interesting idea, Macbegor was also a UConn target who went straight to the pros and I felt and still feel she would have benefited from learning more about the game from our staff and her pro career would be more impactful than it has thus far.
In fall of 2023, in theory, UConn would still have Muhl, Paige, Azzi, Caroline Ducharme as guards and Saylor as a wing or 2. However and I know no UConn fan wants to hear this, Paige turns 22 in October of that fall and is eligible for the 2023 WNBA Draft. She would clearly be either #1 or #2 pick with Aliyah Boston (who is 2 months younger than Paige!). I don’t think Paige will be here and I also believe Geno will fully endorse her leaving. To me, Justine would be perfect! Just sayin’:rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Thanks!
Dwight Office Tv GIF by The Office

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You state an interesting idea, Macbegor was also a UConn target who went straight to the pros and I felt and still feel she would have benefited from learning more about the game from our staff and her pro career would be more impactful than it has thus far.
In fall of 2023, in theory, UConn would still have Muhl, Paige, Azzi, Caroline Ducharme as guards and Saylor as a wing or 2. However and I know no UConn fan wants to hear this, Paige turns 22 in October of that fall and is eligible for the 2023 WNBA Draft. She would clearly be either #1 or #2 pick with Aliyah Boston (who is 2 months younger than Paige!). I don’t think Paige will be here and I also believe Geno will fully endorse her leaving. To me, Justine would be perfect! Just sayin’:rolleyes:
I agree with everything you are saying. Juste would be a perfect replacement for Paige should things unfold as you are suggesting. However, an almost perfect replacement for Paige would be Mikaylah Williams.

Reaction Score
Paige has said she wants to spend a total of five years at UConn, using her COVID exemption from last year.

And why not? She will make more from NIL than from a paltry WNBA salary.

We shall see.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Delighted that in the past 2 weeks Kamorea and Ciera were in town to watch games.

Reminder that Kamorea will announce her verbal to Somewhere University
on Monday November 22 at 2:45...pretty much right after the championship game in the Bahamas...hopefully UConn defending and rebounding like crazy to beat either South Carolina or Oregon.

Kamorea and Ciera would be a pretty spiffy start on 2023 recruiting.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the point. Caroline Ducharme is more of a wing and while I love Muhl, she is unlikely to play ahead of a top10 recruit. Would seem any frosh would enjoy playing with Paige and likely Azzi will be at a similar level. Seems like a perfect fit.

Reaction Score
Delighted that in the past 2 weeks Kamorea and Ciera were in town to watch games.

Reminder that Kamorea will announce her verbal to Somewhere University
on Monday November 22 at 2:45...pretty much right after the championship game in the Bahamas...hopefully UConn defending and rebounding like crazy to beat either South Carolina or Oregon.

Kamorea and Ciera would be a pretty spiffy start on 2023 recruiting.
the last recruit I can remember announcing while the team was in the Bahamas was a certain Ms Boston..........hope this time it's better news for UConn......

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
the last recruit I can remember announcing while the team was in the Bahamas was a certain Ms Boston..........hope this time it's better news for UConn......

I think we were in the Virgin Islands, not the Bahamas. Maybe the different location will do the trick.

Reaction Score
I missed the Kiki Rice thread but wanted to share some insights as I have watched her play several times with both her high school and EYBL teams. UCLA is the school where she can make an immediate impact. After scoring only 2 points in front of Geno this summer I was surprised that he would have continued to recruit her. She has tremendous ability and is smart and very coachable. Unfortunately she plays for a high school that doesn’t play in a difficult conference and the coach has not played much of a difficult preseason schedule in the past. Kiki is marked extremely well and her last name and privilege have opened doors for her that she should have had to work harder for. It was a huge controversy for her to win the Gatorade player of the year in soccer as she lacks real skill but again managed to score goals against teams that were JV level talent. I don’t want to sound negative and I hope that she has an amazing college career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom