November Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

November Recruiting Thread

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I have really no idea how ND stands with KK per se, but I do know Niele and Michaela Mabrey, the Irish recruiting coordinator, are targeting a point guard in 2023. They also recognize how popular this crop of PG's are and have, prudently enough, also offered Hannah Hidalgo and Lisa Williams (out of Chicago). If KK likes to push pace, Hidalgo loves to let it rip. This will be very intriguing.

These decisions for a number of programs will be interesting because there are elite, potential program changing PG's galore in '24 and '25 too.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek: @CocoHusky Has GA got room for her? :p
200w.gif

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
We have seen some speculation on Juste's high school classification here.
Add this...whether relevant or not: She turns 16 in November 2021..will be 17 in November 2022
That would make her still 17 should she enter 'some' college here in Sept. of 2023.

Awhile back...more than 2 decade ago [yikes!]...a pretty fair player crossed The Pond at 17 to play for UConn.
All-American...a key player in one national ring...would have been a key player in 2 rings if she had not suffered
a season-ending injury in her senior year...Svetlana Abrosimova.

Being 17 as a frosh at UConn can get it done....if you have the ability and character to get it done.
Fingers double-crossed: Get Juste/an elite guard [Kamorea?] Toomey and a top center from 2023...at that point
Geno can share a nice bottle of his wine with the staff...take a [very] short break...and focus on 2024 and 2025.

BTW: I do not know if Svet still holds this position but in recent times she was head of the Russian Women's Basketball Organization.

Reaction Score
As far as I know, UConn has not commented on the signings yet. Would that be a sign that they are not yet complete?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Olivia Olson ('24) in South Dakota today to watch Louisville, Arizona, and South Carolina play.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Hearing she's scheduling a 3rd Visit to Knoxville as well coming soon
If she really in interested in Tennessee, she should first follow VolNation and read how they treat and talk about their current players. Its so vile and disrespectful at times, and if I were a parent, I would not allow their kid to even visit that place.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clay Kallam's preseason AA team for Maxpreps; mostly current or former UConn POI:

1st Team:

Juju Watkins, Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth, Calif.)

6-0 | Junior (2023) | Guard | Uncommitted

Like Barker, Watkins made an in-state move, going from Southern California power Windward to the Trailblazers. Watkins is incredibly athletic, strong and unafraid of contact, and as her jumper improves, she will only get better.

Mikaylah Williams, Parkway (Bossier City, La.)

6-0 | Junior (2023) | Guard | Uncommitted
Seimone Augustus just retired from the WNBA, but Williams — whose game resembles that of fellow Louisiana native Augustus — is ready to take up the torch. At 6-0, just like Augustus, Williams might shoot it a little better, but since Parkway doesn't travel much, only Louisiana fans will get a close-up look this year.

2nd Team:

Breya Cunningham, La Jolla Country Day (La Jolla, Calif.)

6-4 | Junior (2023) | Post | Uncommitted

A traditional low post, she's a force on the block. Athletic and strong, Cunningham is skilled, powerful, and runs the floor well for her size.

Ciera Toomey, Dunmore (Pa.)

6-3 | Junior (2023) | Post | Uncommmitted
She burst on the scene this summer, showing off a varied skill set that included long-range shooting, rebounding and shot blocking. Neither her high school or club team are prominent on the national level, but college coaches definitely know who she is.

3rd Team:

Madison Booker, Germantown (Philadelphia)

6-1 | Junior (2023) | Wing | Uncommitted
Another versatile, athletic wing, she drives by bigger defenders and overwhelms smaller ones in the paint. She's extending her game beyond the 3-point arc as well, which makes her even more difficult to guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom