November Big East OOC thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

November Big East OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Florida just lost to FAU. gaffney plays starter minutes, leads team with 4 assists, while steadying the team in a nailbiter. only takes 2 shots becuz that was all that was needed from him to lock up the W.
ftfy.
jmoney.
He's really lighting it up down there.

Reaction Score
Footnote. Texas was without their best player, their starting point guard, who also happens to be one of the best players in the country. Still a very good win though.
We’re missing Paige Beuckers the best player in the country and Ice Brady, one of the best freshman bigs. Both teams have significant injuries.

pj

Reaction Score
We’re missing Paige Beuckers the best player in the country and Ice Brady, one of the best freshman bigs. Both teams have significant injuries.

Yes, but Paige and Ice won't be back this year, Texas will get their point guard back. Texas has nine new players and needs to build chemistry. Nice win for the ladies, but it will be tougher to win that game in March.

Reaction Score
Yes, but Paige and Ice won't be back this year, Texas will get their point guard back. Texas has nine new players and needs to build chemistry. Nice win for the ladies, but it will be tougher to win that game in March.
Only one team will improve?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He's really lighting it up down there.
Yeah because Newtons 26.7% shooting compared to Gaffs 43% is lighting it up in storrs.

or Newtons 2 assists compared to Gaffs 2.7

Such an upgrade at PG. Newton really lighting it up up here.

Reaction Score
Yeah because Newtons 26.7% shooting compared to Gaffs 43% is lighting it up in storrs.

This is insane even if a troll

Reaction Score

I’m about 90% certain Newton will be better than Gaffney as he’s been better virtually their whole collegiate careers. I’d wager Diarra is better as well. But to your point Newton has started slow. But the last 10 minutes of the BU game he seemed to be getting more comfortable. I think we see the Newton we were expecting real soon

Reaction Score
I’m about 90% certain Newton will be better than Gaffney as he’s been better virtually their whole collegiate careers. I’d wager Diarra is better as well. But to your point Newton has started slow. But the last 10 minutes of the BU game he seemed to be getting more comfortable. I think we see the Newton we were expecting real soon
I am 100% certain

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
don't worry aboot tris.
don't worry aboot jalen.
both will be fine. and fun.

Reaction Score

If you want to see how Newton looked playing at Carolinas version of Florida Atlantic, you can look up his stats from last year.

Completely baffled how we got to dumping on our own players 2 games into a season

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
If you want to see how Newton looked playing at Carolinas version of Florida Atlantic, you can look up his stats from last year.

Completely baffled how we got to dumping on our own players 2 games into a season
what's 'Carolinas version of Florida Atlantic?'
are they going to the aac next season, too?

Reaction Score

First they lose, then they barely beat Delaware. Now their first 2023 recruit is this unranked kid?

Any info on him from the more tied in recruiting guys here? A good Nova is good for the BE.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Would you rather have Gaffney over Newton? Gaff over Diarra too?

Its not a matter of that.

Simply a reply to SJ's sarcastic Gaffney "really lighting it up" for an honest (to this point) perspective.

But to answer your question. Not both. Maybe one or the other. We will see. I'd lean to keeping Diarra. Kid brings energy.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

Simply a reply to SJ's sarcastic Gaffney "really lighting it up" for an honest (to this point) perspective.

But to answer your question. Not both. Maybe one or the other. We will see. I'd lean to keeping Diarra. Kid brings energy.
If you really think that Jalen Gaffney, who had a very mediocre last two years here and couldn't earn the starting job at FAU, is better than Newton, I believe you should be medicated for insanity.

Reaction Score

First they lose, then they barely beat Delaware. Now their first 2023 recruit is this unranked kid?

Any info on him from the more tied in recruiting guys here? A good Nova is good for the BE.

He is Canadian.

Reaction Score

Newton is also averaging 10 points and 6 rebounds to Gaffney's 6 and 2.
It is an upgrade at PG. He's already better than Gaffney, despite the small sample size.

pj

Reaction Score
Only one team will improve?

I didn't say only one team will improve. I said only one team will add players, and it will be hard to improve as much by March as Texas will.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I hope Gaff lights it up at FAU. But we gotta be serious for a second. Newton is leagues better, as evidenced by him transferring up, and Gaffney going down last off season. He wasn't even the best guard off FAU's bench that game, let alone a starter.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
3-1 on the night so far with Georgetown as the only loser.

26-3 (1-2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin