November Big East OOC thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

November Big East OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
villanova is missing the freshman, in that potential big east draft picks article posted last week, who was listed #1, and in his own category separate from all the others. cam.
villanova is missing the guy, who so far, was all big east frosh team, and 2nd team all big east last year. justin.
slow ur rolls. both are expected to return.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Grambling is beating Colorado by 14 with 3 minutes to go.

Reaction Score
villanova is missing the freshman, in that potential big east draft picks article posted last week, who was listed #1, and in his own category separate from all the others. cam.
villanova is missing the guy, who so far, was all big east frosh team, and 2nd team all big east last year. justin.
slow ur rolls. both are expected to return.
Any way you slice it, it’s a bad loss for Nova. Temple literally just lost to Wagner…they’re not a good team. UConn is now the only Top 20 KenPom team in the Big East. Not good

Reaction Score
Any way you slice it, it’s a bad loss for Nova. Temple literally just lost to Wagner…they’re not a good team. UConn is now the only Top 20 KenPom team in the Big East. Not good
KenPom is useless at the beginning of the year though. If Nova gets healthy and doesn't rack up too many losses during this period they should be top 25. Creighton, UConn, and Xavier will all be top 25 soon.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Xavier beats Montana.

15-1.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
justin got hurt in their elite 8 win against hooston. all ncaa region team.
cam is considered widely as the only 'can't miss' pick in the league.

i fail to see how any result now without them playing means anything for when the games get serious. similar but not equal to in judging our team now without ajax and hawk.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Colorado falls to Grambling.

Reaction Score
KenPom is useless at the beginning of the year though. If Nova gets healthy and doesn't rack up too many losses during this period they should be top 25. Creighton, UConn, and Xavier will all be top 25 soon.
I agree it’s useless…but every ranking is useless at the start of the year. KenPom at least uses stats (granted some carry over from last year) to predict the best teams. Nova dropped 7 spots in KenPom with their loss tonight. You think they’ll drop out of the Top 25 in the other 2 polls? I doubt it.

Reaction Score
justin got hurt in their elite 8 win against hooston. all ncaa region team.
cam is considered widely as the only 'can't miss' pick in the league.

i fail to see how any result now without them playing means anything for when the games get serious. similar but not equal to in judging our team now without ajax and hawk.
It was a game that even without those 2 players Nova was favored to win by 6 points. They played poorly and looked below average on offense. Would we have been happy if BU beat us tonight or were even within 5-10 points of us? Because that’s the equivalent of what happened to Nova. You have to win games you’re favored to win.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
16-1.

Need to go 4-0 today.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Oregon lost to UC Irvine.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Georgetown and Hall win.

18-1.

Reaction Score
Lafayette is hanging around with St Johns at halftime, only down 2 on the road

Lafayette is hitting some tough shots, but SJU has had literally nobody able to create a shot other than David Jones. The offense is pretty painful to watch on both sides

Reaction Score
Upsets are nothing unusual in college basketball most are early only because that’s when the majority of alleged mismatches are played.
Would you say the ACC is in trouble because Louisville lost to a small Jesuit , Louisville school ? I’m not writing them off just yet.
That was much more embarrassing loss than losing to Temple a historic big 5 rival with years of matchups against each other.
Besides Comparative scores are meaningless. How much money would you wager on Wagner vs Nova getting 10 or less points .
I suspect not much.
I didn’t pick Nova in my preseason top three but , I suspect when it’s over they will be fighting for one of those spots If someone slips up.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It's early but I agree that Nova may start wanting to hit the panic button. Lots of talent on that roster but you can't discount the type of stabilizing factor and in game coach Jay was.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Monday games:

Delaware State @ Villanova
DePaul
@ Minnesota
Butler @ Penn State
Holy Cross @ Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics