November Big East OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Marquette falls to Purdue.

26-4 (1-3).

The league doesn't have a loss to a low-major yet but not getting it done against P5 schools so far.

Reaction Score
Marquette falls to Purdue.

26-4 (1-3).

The league doesn't have a loss to a low-major yet but not getting it done against P5 schools so far.
That's a game Marquette would have won last year. They clearly missed Kuath vs the giant Edey. Plus Lewis and Morsell were quite good.

They'll play hard for Shaka, but it could be a long year for MU.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
27-4 (1-3).

Xavier defeats Fairfield.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is struggling vs. Iowa, down 12 at half

The line had SHU -1.5 but Kenpom has Iowa at #19 so not sure if this is surprising or not. Would be great for the conference to pull this one out, which definitely won't happen if they play the way they've played so far

Reaction Score
Seton Hall put up a fight in the second half but Iowa ended on a run and blew them out 83-67. Iowa plays so mature/under control, was really good basketball to watch

shizzle787

Reaction Score
27-5 (1-4).

Seton Hall falls to Iowa.

The league is not looking great so far.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
27-5 (1-4).

Seton Hall falls to Iowa.

The league is not looking great so far.
there are no quality teams or players in any other league and all our players are heading to the big show. or,
the league got a grand total of one pick in the nba draft last year.
some here yell, scream, hoot, holler, and get the madds aboot this.
still true until proven differently.
it is an absolute categorical joke the nonsense of our early season schedule.
useless.

some say, 'the injuries allow us to see our subs more.' see what, who can hit a 3 against a chair, or the squad scoring a lot of points against a bunch of players who couldn't even make our walk on bench?
even that posted potential big east nba draft article said 'cam is on another level from the rest.' great call, olehead. one guy, a freshman who is currently injured, is the only 'can't miss,' now, regardless of all the hype.
says a lot.
azzi could play for a lot of mens programs. garantee.

Reaction Score
there are no quality teams or players in any other league and all our players are heading to the big show. or,
useless.

some say, 'the injuries allow us to see our subs more.' see what, who can hit a 3 against a chair, or the squad scoring a lot of points against a bunch of players who couldn't even make our walk on bench?
even that posted potential big east nba draft article said 'cam is on another level from the rest.' great call, olehead. one guy, a freshman who is currently injured, is the only 'can't miss,' now, regardless of all the hype.
says a lot.

Azzi is the best shooter on campus bar none. But the only local men’s program she’d play on is EO Smith. And she’d be really good I have no doubt.

Reaction Score
Please stop with the idea that any collegiate womens player could play on a mens team. Must be the dumbest thought ever. I was at a mens game in 2004 and there was an elderly couple sitting behind me. The woman says to the man “if Diana could enter the NBA draft , what number pick do you think she might be?” The guys thinks for about 10 seconds and says “about 10th”. As St Geno said at time “ if the men played the women and the men wanted the score to be 1200 to 0, the score would be 1200 to 0.”

Reaction Score
useless.

says a lot.
Smoke more, post less.

Azzi Fudd is an amazing shooter. Beautiful form. She's also 5'11" and probably can't even touch the rim. She wouldn't be able to get a shot off, and best of luck to her on defense.

Reaction Score
Smoke more, post less.

Azzi Fudd is an amazing shooter. Beautiful form. She's also 5'11" and probably can't even touch the rim. She wouldn't be able to get a shot off, and best of luck to her on defense.
I'm just surprised there is more than 1 of you who got to the end of one of his incomprehensible rants. I'm curious what percentage of posters on here just see a long post from him and move on.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ask steph, currently the greatest shooter on the planet. he ain't very tall, either, yet he still owns it. nba champion, again.
ask him. they say there's aboot 350 teams. at least a 100 or so would be better with her.
what, u gonna guard her? as if. don't break a hip. make u look silly, especially after she gives you a quarter, and sez 'here, call yo mama and tell her to pick u up cuz u've just been served, and ur time here is done. go home.'

Reaction Score
Your point is well taken, but D1/D2 women can shoot with the men's ball too, the best of the best are used to playing with/against men, and with a men's ball. Women's fans will counter with that fact, and it's fair. Size, strength, speed, athleticism are not comparable.

Men's ball, women's ball, volleyball, it don't matter. None of the women can stop any of the men from getting whatever shot they want. And the women will struggle to even get a shot off. Most of our guards are bigger than their frontcourt.

Women's Backcourt/Men's Backcourt (no walk-ons)
5'11" (G) / 6'5" (G)
5'10" (G) / 6'3" (G)
6'1" (G/F) / 6'4" (G)
5'9" (G) / 6'2" (G)
6'2" (G) / 6'5" (G)
5'11" (G) / 6'7" (G)
N/A / 6'6" (G)

Women - average about 5'11"
Men - average about 6'5"

Women's Frontcourt/Men's Frontcourt (no walk-ons)
6'3" (F) / 6'8" (F)
6'5" (F) / 6'9" (F)
6'5" (F) / 6'9" (F)
6'3" (F) / 6'9" (F)
6'2" (F) / 7'2" (F)
6'5" (F) / 6'10" (F)
6'1" (F) / N/A

Women - average about 6'3"
Men - average about 6'10"

Women's fans who think they could compete with the men are just delusional.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I'm just surprised there is more than 1 of you who got to the end of one of his incomprehensible rants. I'm curious what percentage of posters on here just see a long post from him and move on.
u seem mad. i guess that i'd be mad all the time too, iffn i had to wake up every single day at 3:30 am to take a whizz. but i don't, so i can't relate.

Reaction Score
Wow, he's actually serious. I thought this was Spackler doing his normal creepy played out act but he actually thinks she would make 100 or so D1 men's basketball teams better.

There's a lot of stupid posts here over the years but this one takes the cake.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Wow, he's actually serious. I thought this was Spackler doing his normal creepy played out act but he actually thinks she would make 100 or so D1 men's basketball teams better.

There's a lot of stupid posts here over the years but this one takes the cake.
pic, handle.
r u one of those who pop up at 6:30 am and think, just like yesterday, 'dang, almost made it...' must be ruff.

Reaction Score
I am not saying the woman are not great shooters, great athletes or good basketball players and I am sure they are better basketball players than I ever was. I am saying they could not play against men and I am sure they say the same thing. I go to some D3 games and the UConn women would not have a chance against them. To think otherwise is delusional. I wish the fans of women's basketball would stop this nonsense.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
FIFY
why bother to see anything? just hit the little 'later' button, and poof! nuthin interrupting ur 'wheel of fortune' quality time.
it's a good one. they're giving away trips to Costa Rico, or boca del vista. one of those. mebbe walgreens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom