November Big East OOC thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

November Big East OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't like to start threads but it's almost a competition to see who has suffered the most due to CR:

BCU, SU, Pitt, L-ville. these clowns are embarrassing themselves. no knock on VCU but Pitt used to be a pretty darn good basketball program. the curse of the ACC is real.

"Aaahh we've got a grant of rights we're dead!"

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't like to start threads but it's almost a competition to see who has suffered the most due to CR:

BCU, SU, Pitt, L-ville. these clowns are embarrassing themselves. no knock on VCU but Pitt used to be a pretty darn good basketball program. the curse of the ACC is real.

And we'll take that ACC paycheck as soon as it's offered.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I think you need to take the 4 programs individually.

BCU always sucked, so their conference affiliation doesn't matter.

Syracuse rode out their legendary coach too far and now that program is a dumpster fire. I don't think the ACC was the issue. Every old coach eventually reaches a point where it is hard to attract talent because players don't know if he will be around for their entire college career.

Louisville was successful because it had a great coach, Pitino, who was willing to cheat shamelessly. With NIL, everyone can pay their players so Louisville doesn't have an advantage anymore.

Pitt's conference affiliation was important to the success of the basketball program, and they are definitely floundering without conference access to New York recruiting.

Reaction Score
I think you need to take the 4 programs individually.

BCU always sucked, so their conference affiliation doesn't matter.

Syracuse rode out their legendary coach too far and now that program is a dumpster fire. I don't think the ACC was the issue. Every old coach eventually reaches a point where it is hard to attract talent because players don't know if he will be around for their entire college career.

Louisville was successful because it had a great coach, Pitino, who was willing to cheat shamelessly. With NIL, everyone can pay their players so Louisville doesn't have an advantage anymore.

Pitt's conference affiliation was important to the success of the basketball program, and they are definitely floundering without conference access to New York recruiting.
Similar to my thoughts. BCU is the worst of the bunch but no change really. Louisville has perhaps taken the sharpest decline.

Sooner or later something is going to give in the ACC. Whether it gets poached and has to backfill or dissolves and members have to regroup. It really has to grow or be gone. It is most likely these 4 programs that will be flapping in the wind, along with Va Tech, NC State, Wake, maybe Duke. Something could come of that I suppose. I don't think bcu is worth keeping even for ballast though.

Reaction Score
He's a monster. Hoping Clingan can dominate like that in his career.
Clingan is an infant at this stage. We have to temper our expectations and give him time as a big man. Think about the bigs we’ve had in the past when we prayed by year 3 or 4 that they could get the job done. My question on him is this, most older houses have 7 /12 to 8 foot ceilings, with doorways lower. What is that like for him? What bed mattress is long enough or shower head high enough for him? His house would need a major revamp.

Reaction Score
Loyola Marymount University (???) is on a 23-6 second half run on Georgetown.

Were down 10 at half but now up 7 with 11 to go

Reaction Score
Loyola Marymount University (???) is on a 23-6 second half run on Georgetown.

Were down 10 at half but now up 7 with 11 to go
10 minutes later and it's a 31-9 second half run to go up 12...

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
10 minutes later and it's a 31-9 second half run to go up 12...
What an embarrassment they’ve become. Imagine if they’d snagged someone like Sean Miller. Someone who could harness their historical brand. Was there ever a more badass brand in cbb than gtown in their prime? I still believe the right person could turn them back into a monster.

Reaction Score
What an embarrassment they’ve become. Imagine if they’d snagged someone like Sean Miller. Someone who could harness their historical brand. Was there ever a more badass brand in cbb than gtown in their prime? I still believe the right person could turn them back into a monster.
52-24 second half for LMU. GTown up 10 at half and lost by 18 against the team picked to finish second to last in the WCC.

Epitome of brutality?

Reaction Score
They could, they just don't want to. There's some really weird stuff going in there with the people who run the school and Ronny Thompson.

Reaction Score
My first time watching Xavier this season.

Nice seeing KyKy Tandy back healthy after the previous year and a half affected heavily by a stress fracture. Wish him good health.

Impressed with Souley Boum. He was the man at UTEP (19.8 ppg), but he's done a nice job fitting in with a Musketeers team with a lot of roster continuity. Not sure if he'll be a grad transfer stud, he'll likely be one of those guards who is consistently a factor of some capacity in every game.

His length is insane.

Honestly, Xavier has the pieces to be the best team in the Big East, especially when you combine the obvious upgrade of coaching with Sean Miller over Travis Steele (who I never liked).

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
He's a monster. Hoping Clingan can dominate like that in his career.
Donovan Clingan?
DK.jpg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Xavier vs Indiana has some great transition defense both ways. Sometimes a high scoring came can be driven by good defense. Both sides are making defensive plays and creating transition baskets.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is the second SJU game I've watched this year and they're a really bad team with a really good one-man offense in David Jones. So pretty much the same exact team as last year but add Posh and downgrade Champagnie
I suggest you watch again. They are far from a 1 man team. They aren’t going to win the NBE but they will post their share of upsets.
BTW. Loyola-Marymount has a fairly good basketball history

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Really need to win the other four games tonight.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Colby Jones looks like he got in great shape over the summer. Last year, he looked skilled but lacking in strength/athleticism.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Colby Jones looks like he got in great shape over the summer. Last year, he looked skilled but lacking in strength/athleticism.
Same with freemantle. Doesn’t even have as much of that weird body posture as he used to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom