Notre Dame AD Mum On Question Of Future ACC Support For UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame AD Mum On Question Of Future ACC Support For UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote that?

LOL. Yeah. I've talked myself into circles and think the ACC is a FALLBACK for UConn. The idea UConn is landing in the Big10 is a Boneyard creation that some folks have convinced themselves is based in reality.

The ACC should have exploded 5 times over based on what I've read here. Schools like Clemson better move fast or they will be left out - people actually believe nonsense like that.

Reaction Score
The reason that the ACC is surviving is due to a slight, but important difference in how the BE collapsed. I think the fact that many of the schools know they have options is keeping them from moving. FSU and maybe Clemson know they can go to the B12 if they have to. UNC, VT, UVa, etc. have the B1G, B12, SEC as potential options. They all feel that they can wait for someone else to make a move first. The Big East teams were under a belief (rightfully so) that if they said no to the ACC, someone else would take their spot and they'd be stuck in UConn's situation(although I'm not sure they didn't think RU, WVU and Louisville would still be around also).

I think there has been plenty of sniffing around between the conferences and the attractive ACC programs, but I don't think they're all waiting to jump when the ink dries on the MD suit. I also agree with Nelson that the only way UConn gets in to the ACC is if it looks exactly like the old Big East. Our only chance otherwise would be if FSU and maybe Clemson leave and the traditional ACC gets their power back. If it is UNC, UVa, Duke, that leave, Cincy, USF and even a Texas school would get the call before us (in my opinion). The football powers don't want us Yankees to dilute their football, and our ex-brethren don't want us as competition.

Reaction Score
LOL. Yeah. I've talked myself into circles and think the ACC is a FALLBACK for UConn. The idea UConn is landing in the Big10 is a Boneyard creation that some folks have convinced themselves is based in reality.

The ACC should have exploded 5 times over based on what I've read here. Schools like Clemson better move fast or they will be left out - people actually believe nonsense like that.

Exactly.

You really think the ESPN's Management will just allow their investment in the ACC to just fall to bits because Clempsun and Free Shoes University suddenly realized they can make more money with the other RedNeckistan Schools in the Big 12?

IF it ever comes to that ESPN will cough up some more money and stabilize everything.

In realignment, nothing that was expected to happen ever did. The Big 12 never fell apart, because Texas never left. Instead the unexpected took place, ATM and Mizzou, Rutgers and Maryland. Pitt? Even Colorado and Nebraska to a certain degree.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Can someone refresh my memory as to why Cuse of all schools would vote 'No' to adding UConn? This baffles me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was reported (by Jeff Jacobs among others) that the ACC asked Cuse Pitt and ND their preference of UConn or LVille (even though they didn't have voting rights) and Cuse lobbied against UConn. Reason being competition for NYC and northeast recruits/market.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The reason that the ACC is surviving is due to a slight, but important difference in how the BE collapsed. I think the fact that many of the schools know they have options is keeping them from moving. FSU and maybe Clemson know they can go to the B12 if they have to. UNC, VT, UVa, etc. have the B1G, B12, SEC as potential options. They all feel that they can wait for someone else to make a move first. The Big East teams were under a belief (rightfully so) that if they said no to the ACC, someone else would take their spot and they'd be stuck in UConn's situation(although I'm not sure they didn't think RU, WVU and Louisville would still be around also).

The ACC is also a logically crafted league with plenty of history. There is nothing at all wrong with it. It has some of the fastest growing areas in the country, fine academics and schools with great traditions in every major sport. The only things working against it are (1) an ill-timed TV contract that doesn't pay as much as others and (2) some football programs with historic success have underperformed (VT, GT), and in some cases, dramatically (BC). If BC was even up to their prior level and VT was usually ranked along with FSU and Clemson, the league would be solid.

Reaction Score
Exactly.

You really think the ESPN's Management will just allow their investment in the ACC to just fall to bits because Clempsun and Free Shoes University suddenly realized they can make more money with the other RedNeckistan Schools in the Big 12?

IF it ever comes to that ESPN will cough up some more money and stabilize everything.

In realignment, nothing that was expected to happen ever did. The Big 12 never fell apart, because Texas never left. Instead the unexpected took place, ATM and Mizzou, Rutgers and Maryland. Pitt? Even Colorado and Nebraska to a certain degree.

Then it looks like it is SEC bound for UConn. No one, outside of 176 people, expect that. " Roll Long Island Sound"

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, as I stated in a prior thread, ND and GT were the two Presidents who Herbst lectured at her very first Big East President's meeting. There is no way ND will vote in favor of UConn.

C

Chief00

Pure factional.

Were you guys there or do you know someone who was? That's all I can say for now. The problem with having good sources is I can't reveal them.
One observation, Calhoun discussed his first Big East coach's meeting on WFAN . He was in awe of the legends in the room and treated them with respect and understood the traditions. He did not lecture them. Of course then he proceeded in a few years to beat their butts.

Granted my wife said the 2 male Prez probably had it coming - but it is not rightly/or wrongly the way to get started.

Reaction Score
Were you guys there or do you know someone who was? That's all I can say for now. The problem with having great sources is I can't reveal them.

Can't say. These are people on the inside, and think in terms of centuries.

Did you know that CT actually used to be a part of North Carolina and it broke off and drifted north millions of years ago?

We are southern after all. Mountain Dew is the best soft drink.

C

Chief00

Did you know that CT actually used to be a part of North Carolina and it broke off and drifted north millions of years ago?

Actually for the record, OH was once part of CT territory annex.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Were you guys there or do you know someone who was?

I know Fishy's sources and connections are a thousand times better than your friends at the YMCA.

Reaction Score

Granted my wife said the 2 male Prez probably had it coming - but it is not rightly/or wrongly the way to get started.
Wait, so your wife was present at the BE presidents meetings? Hate to ask, but, can you tell us what the topic of the Herbst lecture was?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Please. They don't drink Mountain Dew in North Carolina. Go back to a Kansas City Wiz game. It's Mello Yello.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually for the record, OH was once part of CT territory annex.

Did you know there is a Southington Connecticut and a Southington Ohio. We are through the looking glass here people.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
If you are new to the Conference Realignment board you can read ten thousand posts or these two words. Your call.

Anyone know how Fishy is taking the news of being passed over for Pope?

FWIW, my sources did tell me he was runner up and provided he keeps his hands clean, he should be next in line should Jorge Mario someday move on to bigger and better things...

Reaction Score
Please. They don't drink Mountain Dew in North Carolina. Go back to a Kansas City Wiz game. It's Mello Yello.

Mello Yello went out with Cole Trickle and Zubaz pants. You are simply not up to date.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anyone know how Fishy is taking the news of being passed over for Pope?

FWIW, my sources did tell me he was runner up and provided he keeps his hands clean, he should be next in line should Jorge Mario someday move on to bigger and better things...

I have no idea if Fishy has legitimate sources or not. I do know that Chief is full of crap. Not mutually exclusive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mello Yello went out with Cole Trickle and Zubaz pants. You are simply not up to date.

Maybe you need a refresher course. It's all Mello Yello these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom