NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 19 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m not a fan of the “our program is too good for the NIT” tack. Even if you think it’s true, just a bad look.

Nikki is gonna accept the NIT bid and so she can try to win something to lock up some sort of extension/ raise :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Regardless of what happens today! Based on 3 wins in 3 days vs the 2/3 teams in the SEC also 20 wins! Arkansas should be in the Tourney! IMO their run has knocked UT out!

Arkansas was so entertaining that the NCAA should include them in the tournament. With enough rest they might even be able to give Miss. St., Baylor and yes, UCONN a good game.

Reaction Score
Arkansas was so entertaining that the NCAA should include them in the tournament. With enough rest they might even be able to give Miss. St., Baylor and yes, UCONN a good game.

Slow down there. Arkansas was fun to watch in the tournament, but there's an old saying "Live by the 3, die by the 3". That's Arky. They don't have a post presence to speak of, and Monk, Dungee, Mason, and Tolefree have to be all on at the same time to beat the teams you mentioned. Could it happen? Yes. But I wouldn't put money down in Vegas on it.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Slow down there. Arkansas was fun to watch in the tournament, but there's an old saying "Live by the 3, die by the 3". That's Arky. They don't have a post presence to speak of, and Monk, Dungee, Mason, and Tolefree have to be all on at the same time to beat the teams you mentioned. Could it happen? Yes. But I wouldn't put money down in Vegas on it.

Agree Arky's run was fun to watch, but they don't play enough D to be a legit threat to any of the Top 7.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Seems like Duke wont be accepting a post season invite... so no WBI for us.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) announced Notre Dame's Carol Owens as its 2019 Division I Assistant Coach of the Year. Owens, in her 19th season with the Irish, serves as ND's associate head coach and specifically works with the team's posts and forwards, including Bri Turner and Jessica Shepard.

Full release by Notre Dame below.

Carol Owens Named the WBCA’s Division I Assistant Coach of the Year - UND Athletics

The award is in it's fourth year. Here are past winners:

WBCA Division I Assistant Coach of the Year Winners
2019 – Carol Owens, Associate Head Coach, Notre Dame
2018 - Johnnie Harris, associate head coach, Mississippi State University.
2017 - Lance White, associate head coach, Florida State University (now HC- Pittsburgh)
2016 - Niele Ivey, University of Notre Dame

Reaction Score
WBB: Hearing that Braxtin Miller (5-10 SO point guard, Dayton, OH) is putting her name in the transfer portal. She was Oklahoma State's #2 scorer in 2018-19 (14.7 PPG) and led the team in assists (3.5/game). Honorable mention All-Big 12 this season and last.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
WBB: Hearing that Braxtin Miller (5-10 SO point guard, Dayton, OH) is putting her name in the transfer portal. She was Oklahoma State's #2 scorer in 2018-19 (14.7 PPG) and led the team in assists (3.5/game). Honorable mention All-Big 12 this season and last.
We should cite the source of information like this, not just copy-and-paste it.

Indeed, her name has already been removed from the online roster. She's a good player and will attract a lot of interest.

Reaction Score
here's a nice shot by Diamond Miller (Maryland recruit) in today's NJ Tournament of Champions final

Reaction Score
Not enough money in their budget to travel. :rolleyes:

LSU has the money but they would lose a lot more money playing in it. Plus the coaches voted not to play in this tournament.

Thank god we gave Nikki her extension, her low expectations were met :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul