Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
One big difference is that Gerlich is no Staley as far as she's demonstrated so far.
That was my point (even with the Clark/Lisa Bluder reference I had mistaken the gamecock poster).

Gerlich job relies on landing Chavez because this season is likely gonna be more of the same (bottom tier of conference w/ no NCAAT appearance). This would be year 5 for her so her job is very much in jeopardy unless she somehow pulled in Chavez. And the issue lies in maybe their boosters dont wanna spend the money long term if they don't believe in Gerlich but maybe they will purely because they care deeply about Texas Tech and want to keep one of their own home

12au

Baylor WBB
Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine Chavez landing at TT. I don't really see Canady as necessarily indicating greater WBB NIL wherewithal, but I admit I'm not plugged in to that situation. I'm less surprised the hometown team is a finalist, we see this most of the time.

But if they do land Chavez, you could see a CC-lite effect in Lubbock. Despite the team's on-court struggles the past few years, they draw decent crowds at home. Landing Chavez would boost them to among the highest home attendances in the B12.

I feel like Gerlich has to either make the tournament or land Chavez to keep her job. I don't see the former as likely; it's difficult to imagine they have the guards to do it.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
One big difference is that Gerlich is no Staley as far as she's demonstrated so far.

Staley had SC as a #1 seed in the tournament the year before A'ja came on campus and returned their entire roster A'ja's freshman season. The program has blossomed in a huge way since then, but it wasn't like Wilson was joining a no-name program the way Chavez will be if she picks Texas Tech.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine Chavez landing at TT. I don't really see Canady as necessarily indicating greater WBB NIL wherewithal, but I admit I'm not plugged in to that situation. I'm less surprised the hometown team is a finalist, we see this most of the time.

But if they do land Chavez, you could see a CC-lite effect in Lubbock. Despite the team's on-court struggles the past few years, they draw decent crowds at home. Landing Chavez would boost them to among the highest home attendances in the B12.

I feel like Gerlich has to either make the tournament or land Chavez to keep her job. I don't see the former as likely; it's difficult to imagine they have the guards to do it.
Texas Tech used to draw massive crowds in the 90s/00s when they had a better program under Sharp. If Chavez joins and is a star who can help turn the program around, I could see Texas Tech pulling in 10k+ crowds. There isn't a lot to do in Lubbock besides follow Texas Tech sports.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Staley had SC as a #1 seed in the tournament the year before A'ja came on campus and returned their entire roster A'ja's freshman season. The program has blossomed in a huge way since then, but it wasn't like Wilson was joining a no-name program the way Chavez will be if she picks Texas Tech.
Yes, because Staley built it into that. Gerlich hasn't demonstrated any ability to build anything thus far.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So I see there's a prediction Jazzy Davidson is going to USC

I had thought they were the frontrunners; but, in recent interviews I recall her talking up UCLA and playing with Betts.

Reaction Score
Jazzy to USC announcement looks like it is coming today. Probably has to be USC considering Talia’s article from yesterday.

I think jazzy is making a mistake because I think Juju and Kennedy play the same position as her. But it is pretty clear that usc is where everyone wants to be right now. And I think they have benefited in a major way from NIL.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Trying to summarize recent info/rumors on Chavez:

• Trimmed her list to Oklahoma, South Carolina, LSU, UCLA, Texas and Texas Tech
  • Took an unofficial visit to LSU this summer; had previous unofficial visits to Texas, Texas Tech, and maybe Oklahoma
  • Took an official visit to UCLA in late August
  • Rumors that not all 6 finalists would receive official visits; Texas, Texas Tech, and LSU were the supposed visits
  • Appears to have scheduled official visit to Texas for September 27
  • Supposedly had official visits scheduled to Texas Tech and LSU in October
  • Talia Goodman reporting Texas may now have the lead; also reporting that LSU has removed themselves from her recruitment
  • Reports that Chavez will now be visiting Oklahoma (instead of LSU?)

If you've followed Chavez' recruitment, seems like the only reporter who has reported information directly from Chavez or her Dad has been On3's Talia Goodman; so, no reason to doubt what she reported today. She definitely had the inside scoop on Jasmine Davidson committing to Southern Cal.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND Has 2025, 2025 Prospects Visiting Campus This Weekend

According to Inside ND Sports (thanks to both mwayne and RISteve at McGraw's Bench), Guard/wing Deniya Prawl (Class of 2025) will take an official visit to Notre Dame this weekend and Class of 2026 Point Guard Kate Harpring will take an unofficial visit.
2025 Commit Leah Macy came last weekend and took the requisite photos with coaches and family. Great to (almost) have her on board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ND Has 2025, 2025 Prospects Visiting Campus This Weekend

According to Inside ND Sports (thanks to both mwayne and RISteve at McGraw's Bench), Guard/wing Deniya Prawl (Class of 2025) will take an official visit to Notre Dame this weekend and Class of 2026 Point Guard Kate Harpring will take an unofficial visit.
Commit Leah Macy came last weekend and took the requisite photos with coaches and family. Great to (almost) have her on board.
This is such good news if you’re an Irish fan! ☘️

Reaction Score
I will admit that this post made me search for why everyone was throwing up "The Shocker".

It turns out that I am not the only one who gets confused by Vols fans making hand gestures.
At least include a warning about doing a search on that term. :eek:;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom