Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Wow. Didn't expect that news. I'm a Michigan alum and live in Ann Arbor but Dawn Staley's Gamecocks are my team, though I do watch and support my Wolverines. Staley and Coach KBA go back together to even before the days when Staley was at Temple and KBA was at St. John's and the two also coached together on at least one of the USA Basketball teams. Arico, a rising sophomore, also has offers from SMU coach Toyelle Wilson who was an assistant on KBA's staff before she went to SMU and from Tartamella/St. John's.
Dawn has been known to make “ honorary” offers before to help draw attention to certain recruits like legacies, SC second level prospects, children of coaching friends, etc. most choose to go elsewhere to gain playing time.

Reaction Score
Dawn has been known to make “ honorary” offers before to help draw attention to certain recruits like legacies, SC second level prospects, children of coaching friends, etc. most choose to go elsewhere to gain playing time.
Interesting. Kind of cool too. I'm guessing this is unique to Coach Staley? Or are "honourary" offers a thing from time to time depending on a coach and the situation?

Reaction Score
Can you give some examples? Not sure I recall this happening recently.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yeah she does this with in-state players from time to time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom