Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Iowa established, I'll give you. USC hadn't been considered an established program for some time. Until this season, it had been more than 15 years since they made the NCAA in consecutive seasons.
That is true BUT when you have Cynthia Cooper, Lisa Leslie, Cheryl Miller and Tina Thompson as alums, you aren't exactly starting from scratch legacy wise. Its a program with a rich history and strong legacy will living legends that are still active around the game. Not quite the same as Texas Tech, Oregon or Washington. Reviving a program isn't quite the same as jump starting one from scratch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That is true BUT when you have Cynthia Cooper, Lisa Leslie, Cheryl Miller and Tina Thompson as alums, you aren't exactly starting from scratch legacy wise. Its a program with a rich history and strong legacy will living legends that are still active around the game. Not quite the same as Texas Tech, Oregon or Washington. Reviving a program isn't quite the same as jump starting one from scratch.
Reviving after 30 years or so really is the same as starting from scratch isn't it?

Reaction Score
Not much history of top programs being revived after the fall.

Reaction Score
Established to me means consistent success within the last decade, minimum. Yes, USC was dominant at times BUT you're listing players who were part of the program decades ago (which is missing the McGee sisters). The program has been treated like an afterthought until recently.

in Iowa's case Coach Bluder had been to an Elite 8 a couple years prior to Clark joining the team. She has had Gustafson as a NPOY.

And it's too early to say whether USC has established anything after one season. I would love it, but you're annointing a team that still have to prove themselves. They're young and have a head coach several on this board are skeptical of. For all we know they could be a one-hit-wonder.

Again, I would LOVE to see USC regain it's prominence. At the same time, with the reality of the NCAAW landscape, anything can bloody happen. It's not a sure thing.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like Texas may be.
Maybe. Schaeffer has done a good job there, but he still hasn't quite turned them into a true powerhouse and he has yet to get them to the heights he achieved at Mississippi St. He's 63 so time isn't really on his side for the long term outlook of the program.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Is texas recruiting Ayla McDowell? She’s gonna be a gem for someone. Elite rebounder and defender, versatile offensively just scratching the surface of her potential

Top 20 recruit out of Texas so I figured she would be

I think Texas is loaded at SG/SF. Could be the reason McDowell is looking elsewhere; she did visit Texas unofficially in September 2022.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom