Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
I'm not quite sure exactly what the connection is, but I was told the West Virginia Thunder organization has ND ties. The person that told me this was mentioning it in the context of Macy switching to the Thunder this summer, and he, as a Vandy fan, feared it could be a bad sign for the Dores. Not sure it played any part in her decision, but she did indeed choose Notre Dame. I always felt the Irish and Louisville were the favorites to win her services.
Yes—you’re correct. I believe the coach of the WV Thunder UAA AAU team Macy and Johnson are on is Mychal Johnson’s (2018 grad from ND, and Andrew Wiggins’s wife) dad. I believe he’s been coaching this team for several years with Johnson. I do think that’s why Macy switched (as you stated). I do believe it’s down to ND/Louisville. Louisville however has so many guards coming in this year, where will she get any playing time. I think she’ll get more playing time if she chose ND due to Miles, Citron, Westbeld, & King leaving in 2025. We shall see…

Reaction Score

Interesting mix of teams here.

Narrowed list to 14???

Arrested Development Judging You GIF

Reaction Score
This could be a really interesting situation:
  • Some very top-rated and very visible schools in S. Carolina, Southern California and LSU;
  • Two home state schools - Kentucky & Louisville - that would love Ms. Johnson and are coming from different vantage points. Kenny Brooks is new and could really benefit from keeping a player of her ilk in-state. Johnson, of course, is from Louisville and Coach Walz has probably been aware of her since she started competing.
  • Johnson said she was looking forward to getting to know more about Notre Dame when she received an offer. That's happened; in part because her AAU teammate Leah Macy has committed to the Irish. Plus, ND Coach Ivey was an assistant coach the U.S.A. team that Johnson just played on. Can ND get another top recruit to drive north on Rte. 31?
Stay tuned.
She did not have Kentucky on her previous list ( under the previous staff.) Brooks has her taking a look now

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Chavez visited LSU unofficially in early June.

Reaction Score
Yes—you’re correct. I believe the coach of the WV Thunder UAA AAU team Macy and Johnson are on is Mychal Johnson’s (2018 grad from ND, and Andrew Wiggins’s wife) dad. I believe he’s been coaching this team for several years with Johnson. I do think that’s why Macy switched (as you stated). I do believe it’s down to ND/Louisville. Louisville however has so many guards coming in this year, where will she get any playing time. I think she’ll get more playing time if she chose ND due to Miles, Citron, Westbeld, & King leaving in 2025. We shall see…
She will absolutely get playing time, wherever she goes. No way playing time will be an issue for a player if her caliber, essentially a hometown kid. As a fanbase we have been watching her for years at a local private high school.

Her HS Coach has sideline seats for Louisville basketball. Her close friend and teammate just committed to Louisville.
If ND wins out in the end it will be an absolute heartbreak for Louisville fans, but it won’t be for lack of recruiting and selling the program. I know Walz is all in on her.

Reaction Score
Chavez visited LSU unofficially in early June.

I read an article stating LSU, Texas and Tech TX are the only schools that got unofficials from her and will be back at each of those schools this fall

Reaction Score
She will absolutely get playing time, wherever she goes. No way playing time will be an issue for a player if her caliber, essentially a hometown kid. As a fanbase we have been watching her for years at a local private high school.

Her HS Coach has sideline seats for Louisville basketball. Her close friend and teammate just committed to Louisville.
If ND wins out in the end it will be an absolute heartbreak for Louisville fans, but it won’t be for lack of recruiting and selling the program. I know Walz is all in on her.
I was just saying that about her playing time at Louisville due to the class coming in this year. That’s all. I still think it’s down to Louisville/ND for Johnson. Niele definitely needs someone to replace Sonia Citron for 2025. So we’ll see…Thanks for the comment!

Reaction Score

Ball Out isn't horrible on accuracy. Just detest the whole paywall set up.

Reaction Score
I read an article stating LSU, Texas and Tech TX are the only schools that got unofficials from her and will be back at each of those schools this fall
I heard last year she is going to be very very hard to pull out of Texas. This seems to support that.

Reaction Score

Ball Out isn't horrible on accuracy. Just detest the whole paywall set up.

Shane Laflin of ESPN’s Hoopgurlz rankings confirmed this. It’s down to three: Ohio State, Duke, & Texas. Set to announce here in a little bit.

Reaction Score
Based on how often Texas coaches have re-posted video clips of her on Instagram over the last several months, it would make sense that Aaliyah Crump will be a Longhorn.
You were right. Crump to Texas. Vic does it again! Just wow. Now, if he can get Chavez—HOLY HELL! Lol.

Reaction Score

For those who are fans of Agot Makeer's final 12 teams and not familiar with her game, I came across this highlight reel from a recent EYBL weekend.

Reaction Score
You were right. Crump to Texas. Vic does it again! Just wow. Now, if he can get Chavez—HOLY HELL! Lol.
Is texas recruiting Ayla McDowell? She’s gonna be a gem for someone. Elite rebounder and defender, versatile offensively just scratching the surface of her potential

Top 20 recruit out of Texas so I figured she would be

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Texas loading up:
2023 class:
Madison Booker-Big 12 POY and 2nd Team AP-All American as a freshman

2024 class:
Jordan Lee-#9 recruit
Justice Carlton-#12 recruit
Bryanna Preston-#38 recruit

2025:
Aaliyah Crump- #4 recruit

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Any cliffs?

It wasn't a pay-wall article for me.

Mainly how she's been coached mainly by her Dad. Her Dad wanted her to be first in their family to attend college and a basketball scholarship would pave the way for that. Now, he understands that NIL can change her life. Even though she's Mexican American and from Lubbock, TX, she can still have a huge impact on whichever program she chooses to attend.

Reaction Score
Pauldo twins announcing this weekend. Package deal assumed
Haven't seen them play but I've noticed a fair bit of buzz about them on social media. Is the hype legitimate or the typical stuff we see nowadays in this age of recruiting?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom