Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 60 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any news on Marshall? She’s a interesting player, still listed as a combo guard some places, she looks more like a stretch forward, with a questionable motor to me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Any news on Marshall? She’s a interesting player, still listed as a combo guard some places, she looks more like a stretch forward, with a questionable motor to me.
I ( maybe some others) kind of parked the Marshall bandwagon when Saylor signed with UCONN. I agreed with you on questionable motor thing with Marshall based on some recent full game HS video I saw recently.
There is just a Cali, nonchalant way about her game that is bothersome. I kept saying "she should be dominating this game but she's not". I think Marshall stays home UCLA or USC.

Reaction Score
I ( maybe some others) kind of parked the Marshall bandwagon when Saylor signed with UCONN. I agreed with you on questionable motor thing with Marshall based on some recent full game HS video I saw recently.
There is just a Cali, nonchalant way about her game that is bothersome. I kept saying "she should be dominating this game but she's not". I think Marshall stays home UCLA or USC.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see her land at UCLA, USC, or Cal, I think she will have a chance to play in the backcourt at one of those schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very interesting mix of teams.

Can't rule out the home state school, especially since Arkansas was her first offer, but I will be a little surprised if she doesn't end up at Vandy (barring a coaching change there, which could happen if the 'Dores have another bad season).

Reaction Score
Can't rule out the home state school, especially since Arkansas was her first offer, but I will be a little surprised if she doesn't end up at Vandy (barring a coaching change there, which could happen if the 'Dores have another bad season).
What is the Vandy connection?

Reaction Score
What is the Vandy connection?

She seems to connect well with their staff, and they play a style that is clearly consistent with her skill set. She also wants to pursue a career as a physician after college/basketball is over, so it's possible that she views Vandy as a clear path in that direction. That last part is definitely speculative, so take it for what it is worth. One of the Arkansas sports writers did a piece on her yesterday - makes it sound pretty positive for the in-state school, but that might just be some homerism poking through. The reporter is very solid, but I'm pretty sure he just asked about her views of Coach Neighbors and the Hogs.

Reaction Score
Maryland only has 1 recruit in the top 100 and Duke has none. Just sayin

Reaction Score
I’ll say USC, the hometown team.
Cal would be a interesting choice, if she can play guard that would be great, Cal could use some nice backcourt players, if not with the front court players they signed last year she might really have to fight for playing time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Cal would be a interesting choice, if she can play guard that would be great, Cal could use some nice backcourt players, if not with the front court players they signed last year she might really have to fight for playing time.
I'll go ahead and say it since nobody else has. I didn't see Oregon making this list but she would be a big piece for Oregon in 21 along with Bigby. That would be 5 formidable guards for Oregon for 3 years (Paopao, Parrish, Bigby Scheer, and Marshall) Chavez and Mikesell have two more years of eligibility remaining. Prince and the younger Sabally have 3 years of eligibility remaining. Dugalic and Watson have 4 years remaining. Oregon was going to be good for a while even without Marshall. Marshall might put them at the top of Pac 12 and in the National Championship hunt for a while.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Dag man.... just a few days ago you had me ready to celebrate.. and now you say this. :(
If it helps, Ohio State has zero top 100 recruits in 2021 and had only one (depending on which service two) last season. So, if you go by ESPN, only four top 100 players on the roster for the 2020-2021 season. (seven if you go by ProspectsNation)

Reaction Score
I'll go ahead and say it since nobody else has. I didn't see Oregon making this list but she would be a big piece for Oregon in 21 along with Bigby. That would be 5 formidable guards for Oregon for 3 years (Paopao, Parrish, Bigby Scheer, and Marshall) Chavez and Mikesell have two more years of eligibility remaining. Prince and the younger Sabally have 3 years of eligibility remaining. Dugalic and Watson have 4 years remaining. Oregon was going to be good for a while even without Marshall. Marshall might put them at the top of Pac 12 and in the National Championship hunt for a while.

Five formidable, highly ranked guards on one team? We've seen how that works out.

UCLA has had a lot of problems with recruiting. Cori Close has been having lots of problems recruiting in the past few seasons, which is a surprise considering how well liked she is and how respectably UCLA has done recently. Her national team assistant coaching spot has not yielded the results and some local club coaches are reportedly not high on her coaching.

Cal becomes interesting because they landed three bigs in 2020.

USC already has 2021 Akunwafo so an addition like Marshall would be pretty huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom