Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 59 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Makayla Timpson to FSU. (Finally a high school commit, first one in over 2 years :eek:)

Congratulations... but two years!? FSU is a good program.. why are they having trouble getting players to commit out of high school?

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
No. I'm saying if Lauren had come to UCONN with Crystal Dangerfield UCONN would have won more than the 1 (possibly 2) Championships that Baylor won while Lauren was there. Think about it, Cox would have been playing alongside Azura Stevens Gabby Williams and Napheesa as a Freshman. Additionally 4 years of Cox in the post would have meant that Gabby, Napheesa, and Megan could play their more natural position of wing. KLS could play in the backcourt. Cox would also overlap with ONO for two years. Cox was a big miss for UCONN-pun intended.
That would have been a scary group of players...I concur that another championship or two would have been very possible, if not probable.

Reaction Score
Congratulations... but two years!? FSU is a good program.. why are they having trouble getting players to commit out of high school?

Recruiting has been Semraus achilles heal since she started at FSU in the late nineties. It's inconsistent at best. She will have a great recruiting class followed by two average ones, or terrible ones. She has never been able to recruit at a high level other than every three or four years.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Comments at end of article, the author was asked where he thought she’d end up, and he said Texas.

Of the schools listed on her top-10, most of CyFair's top players have ended up at Texas. Based on that and the other things that she told me during my interview with her, I would pick Texas as her choice. But I can see MSU being right behind Texas due to how much Kyndall likes Nikki McCray. What really hurts MSU's chances is not being able to get her on-campus.”

Reaction Score
Vic has made 3 national championship games in the last decade. Behind only Geno and Muffet.

Vic has done it at 2 different campuses (one of them without McCowan). If he makes it at Texas, name me another coach who's ever *made* it at 3 different campuses.

Dude is A-list, case closed.
C. Vivian Stringer (Rutgers) is the only coach to take three different teams to the final four (as HEAD coach).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Makayla Timpson to FSU. (Finally a high school commit, first one in over 2 years :eek:)
I don't think that's correct. In 2019 FSU got River Baldwin and Sammie Puisis that's a pretty solid class. Both players had UCONN interest. Baldwin visited UCONN with Anaya Peoples on First Night. Puisis was at the top of the recruiting class as a Freshman and had UCONN interest circa 2016. Somewhere @BobbyJ is probably cursing me out for mentioning her name. Baldwin only seem to be kicking the tires on her UCONN visit because she signed with FSU weeks after her UCONN visit.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's correct. In 2019 FSU got River Baldwin and Sammie Puisis that's a pretty solid class. Both players had UCONN interest. Baldwin visited UCONN with Anaya Peoples on First Night. Puisis was at the top of the recruiting class as a Freshman and had UCONN interest circa 2016. Somewhere @BobbyJ is probably cursing me out for mentioning her name. Baldwin only seem to be kicking the tires on her UCONN visit because she signed with FSU weeks after her UCONN visit.
AARGH!!!!

Reaction Score
For solid info on recruits from the Southern areas of the USA, watch the results of the Prime Event hosted this weekend by PBR Hoops. Particularly watch the results from the Storm and Sky brackets [top two brackets]. The Lynx, Mystics and S[arks brackets will have isolated high level players but the Storm & Sky brackets are loaded.

Reaction Score
Down to 14 uncommitted players in the espnW HoopGurlz top-100 after the recent commitments of Amiya Payne to MTSU and Chantae Embry to Texas Tech:
-- #1 Azzi Fudd
-- #14 Rayah Marshall
-- #19 Damiya Hagemann
-- #29 Kyndall Hunter
-- #31 Jillian Hollingshead
-- #33 O'Mariah Gordon
-- #66 Alyssa Brown
-- #70 Kierra Sanderlin
-- #79 Ashanti Barnes
-- #80 Carmyn Harrison
-- #90 Jade Nutley
-- #91 Denim DeShields
-- #94 LaShae Dwyer
-- #95 Mariana Valenzuela

Reaction Score
Down to 14 uncommitted players in the espnW HoopGurlz top-100 after the recent commitments of Amiya Payne to MTSU and Chantae Embry to Texas Tech:
-- #1 Azzi Fudd
-- #14 Rayah Marshall
-- #19 Damiya Hagemann
-- #29 Kyndall Hunter
-- #33 O'Mariah Gordon
-- #66 Alyssa Brown
-- #70 Kierra Sanderlin
-- #79 Ashanti Barnes
-- #80 Carmyn Harrison
-- #90 Jade Nutley
-- #91 Denim DeShields
-- #94 LaShae Dwyer
[/QUOTE

Any suggestions on where they are going?

Reaction Score
Any suggestions on where they are going?
Rayah Marshall - UCLA or Oregon? Not really sure who all is involved there.
Damiya Hagemann - Michigan State, maybe Louisville.
Kyndall Hunter - Texas
O'Mariah Gordon - Florida State
Kierra Sanderlin - maybe Texas Tech? It appears Gerlich was recruiting her while at UTA.

Reaction Score
-- #1 Azzi Fudd
-- #14 Rayah Marshall
-- #19 Damiya Hagemann
-- #29 Kyndall Hunter
-- #33 O'Mariah Gordon
-- #66 Alyssa Brown
-- #70 Kierra Sanderlin
-- #79 Ashanti Barnes
-- #80 Carmyn Harrison
-- #90 Jade Nutley
-- #91 Denim DeShields
-- #94 LaShae Dwyer
I’ve heard conflicting information on K Hunter. Some say she is the real deal and others think she is good but rated way too high.
I’ve also seen her play on live stream in two games.
When I saw her she was good but seemed to benefit a lot from playing with R Harmon. Harmon looked to draw a lot of attention leaving Hunter with lots of open shots.
Does anyone have additional information on her?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
add a few more cherry turnovers and salmon to that gift basket you were gonna send to Coach Lawson ... ship it through Greensboro though.

UW is the Duke of the Northwest, I guess? :rolleyes: Kinda odd they've picked up 2 former commits.

Here's another tweet, with a picture of her.

Reaction Score

#28 player for 2020, 6'3 post out of Arkansas.

Although top 10 is a long way to go :D

Reaction Score

First verbal from a high school player since 2018, that is when Puisis and Baldwin committed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
First verbal from a high school player since 2018, that is when Puisis and Baldwin committed.
Still not that big a deal. FSU went 1 recruiting class 2020 without signing a player.

Reaction Score
Several high level 2022 recruits [currently at The Prime Event] hinting that they are inclined to committing within the next 2 months in hopes of building an elite recruiting class at the school of their choice. Between past Summer camps at various universities, Team USA events, and AAU ball, so many players have “years long” relationships that they are leveraging to build Super Recruiting Class[es]/Super Teams. Shouldn’t be surprised at this development as this generation of players grew up with the Super Friends concept being a visible part of the game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Several high level 2022 recruits [currently at The Prime Event] hinting that they are inclined to committing within the next 2 months in hopes of building an elite recruiting class at the school of their choice. Between past Summer camps at various universities, Team USA events, and AAU ball, so many players have “years long” relationships that they are leveraging to build Super Recruiting Class[es]/Super Teams. Shouldn’t be surprised at this development as this generation of players grew up with the Super Friends concept being a visible part of the game.

Some names would be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69