Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
52 of Brooklynn Miles 738 points last year were from the three range....she was in the top 15 in scoring in Kentucky...as a PG.

She got to the line a bit...scorefd as #11 in Kentucky in points from the line.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, 1 spot is instate Ashlyn Watkins.

I think you probably take another interior player who is two good to turn down, but that would be fine.

I'm just going to say that barring a lot of roster turnover, you'd have to be a mighty confident guard to sign up for the 2022 class at South Carolina.

Anyway, here is Watkins having fun with the next great instate player giving her feeds.

So ignore Natl Top 25 prospect Talaysia Cooper -who got her offer in the 9th grade. I don’t think coach Staley recruits exclusively for position. Her guards play 1 2 an 3 . Her posts are flexible to play the four.
Ayanna Patterson who is a F -can’t se us turning her down .. my point is I don’t think we are recruiting only one player and that player is a post.

Reaction Score
If my social media detective work is on par, Texas could be receiving a 2021 verbal commitment either today or tomorrow.
The transfer this week of one of the current players signaled that was likely the case.

Reaction Score
That is Nikki's 3rd Top 100 player in her first class so far.

Nice start considering she just walked onto the job. Might take her a year to develop more connections with the top recruits. A lot of the top ones already have been building relationships with current coaches for some time now.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Top 30 ranked Kyndall Hunter top 10, and Hail State has made a list for the 20th time this recruiting cycle it seems!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Top 30 ranked Kyndall Hunter top 10, and Hail State has made a list for the 20th time this recruiting cycle it seems!

McCray loves to recruit and she casts a wide net.. so for those fans that were complaining about Vic's recruiting, don't fret. you have the one you need. And it won't be long before McCray gets more involved with top 25 players as well.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

That's a pretty diverse Top 10. Schools that would shock me if they were her final choice: Rice, Arizona State, and LSU.

She has 3 in-state Texas schools among her finalists, and no Baylor..

Texas has a 2021 verbal commitment from her Cypress Creek High School teammate, guard Rori Harmon. And, a 2021 verbal commitment from her CyFair Elite club teammate, forward Aaliyah Moore. I like our chances with Kyndall.

Reaction Score
That's a pretty diverse Top 10. Schools that would shock me if they were her final choice: Rice, Arizona State, and LSU.

She has 3 in-state Texas schools among her finalists, and no Baylor..

Texas has a 2021 verbal commitment from her Cypress Creek High School teammate, guard Rori Harmon. And, a 2021 verbal commitment from her CyFair Elite club teammate, forward Aaliyah Moore. I like our chances with Kyndall.
Maybe this is the reason for the transfer. I really like her as a point guard. She has great defensive skills and is a game manager.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
McCray loves to recruit and she casts a wide net.. so for those fans that were complaining about Vic's recruiting, don't fret. you have the one you need. And it won't be long before McCray gets more involved with top 25 players as well.

I never complained about Vic's recruiting because he knew what he was doing, and his recruiting never dragged him down. Recruiting was never my issue with him.

But I think with Dawn's newfound flood of high recruits, maybe it's a new era and in order to play with Dawn, we'll need to recruit higher than what Vic has recruited. That at least keeps things interesting and doesn't make the SEC a one-team conference like UConn over the AAC or Baylor over the Big-12 for the last 9 years with the exception of some competition from Texas for a brief period.

Reaction Score

I think one thing to keep in mind is it took time for MSU to start attacking more of the "big" recruits nationally. Vic was able to build a team around McCowan and Vivians with a great supporting cast that all filled their roles. With their success over the years, things have picked up more for them on the recruiting trail with the brand they created. The last few years MSU has been able to attract and pick up more highly rated recruits including Carter, Wiggins, Rickea Jackson, Matharu and most recently Madison Hayes. Add in Cooks as a nice transfer in the post.

It will be up to McCray to sustain and build upon this now. Its a great situation she is taking over instead of a rebuild.

I think McCray walking in right now puts her at a small disadvantage for 2021 recruits for some kids as some of the targets aren't very familiar with her and they already had pretty strong relationships with other established coaches. 2022 kids, she now has time to start laying out the ground work and relationships for the future.

If MSU could land Hollingshead or McPherson to the current group, that would be a great first class for her.

Reaction Score
I think one thing to keep in mind is it took time for MSU to start attacking more of the "big" recruits nationally. Vic was able to build a team around McCowan and Vivians with a great supporting cast that all filled their roles. With their success over the years, things have picked up more for them on the recruiting trail with the brand they created. The last few years MSU has been able to attract and pick up more highly rated recruits including Carter, Wiggins, Rickea Jackson, Matharu and most recently Madison Hayes. Add in Cooks as a nice transfer in the post.

It will be up to McCray to sustain and build upon this now. Its a great situation she is taking over instead of a rebuild.

I think McCray walking in right now puts her at a small disadvantage for 2021 recruits for some kids as some of the targets aren't very familiar with her and they already had pretty strong relationships with other established coaches. 2022 kids, she now has time to start laying out the ground work and relationships for the future.

If MSU could land Hollingshead or McPherson to the current group, that would be a great first class for her.
McPherson is still a little bit of a mystery. However with them taking two combo-guards of similar size I’d be a little surprised if they felt comfortable with their chances on landing her.
I’m more encouraged with Mississippi State’s chances of landing J Hollingshead. Her father attended Mississippi State and there is evidently some other connection with Coach McCray-Penson.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

I’m surprised not to see Baylor there.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised not to see Baylor there.

I heard Baylor didn't press for her. I'm not sure what is up with their recruiting strategy for this year unless they plan on signing a big 2022 class. They seemed to have a very very narrow list for this recruiting class. They lose Richards, Ursin and Carrington after this upcoming season. Owens will be eligible next year and they are going to sign probably just Dauda this fall unless they miraculously steal Iriafen from Stanford. Given recent history, some top grad transfer will come available and Baylor will likely sweep them up next spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom