Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe 10 of ESPN’s top-60 ranked players have now committed to a school.
But only 5 of the top 50, 3 to the PAC12 (#4 Demetre to Stanford, #12 Kampshroeder to the Beavs, & #23 Bigby to the Ducks) and 2 to UConn (#5 DeBerry & #17 Poffenbarger).

Reaction Score
I agree with that. In 20-21, I assume the depth chart at the guard slots would look like:
PG: Chavez, PaoPao, Yaeger
SG: Shelley, Scherr, Winterburn
SF: Boley, Parrish

I’m not sure on the exact positions for a few of them, or who Graves plans on starting at point, but that its a very solid, deep, young group at the guard spot. I understand where Graves would want to add experience, but adding Carrington probably takes 25-30 MPG at the SG spot.

If he gets her, great, but the silver lining in not would be getting the youth extra experience.
Drop Winterburn from your depth chart as she entered the xfr portal.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She had spelled “Husky” as “Husky.” Reposted below:

They've been busy. 3 in about a week. Can't pull anybody from the Puget Sound area, but Wynn is showing California isn't the only state she can recruit. Adding a bunch of guards, somebody should tell her she needs more post players.

Reaction Score
We also got a commitment from Savannah Dews but I know absolutely nothing about them. Not a lot out there.

Her other offers are Tennessee state and Arkansas state..

Only offer Lo reported was from Abilene Christian University

Reaction Score
Looks like Wiggins is the next SC/ND battle at point guard. SC is also going after Wiggins for it's lead guard role in that class, and we do reasonably well (Ty Harris, Brea Beal, Zia Cooke) in the Midwest for a Southern school. Raven Johnson, a point guard out of Georgia, is another point guard we're going after in that class. Hopefully we can get one of the two.
Give me Raven, Saniya, and a 5 to back up Boston for 2021.

Reaction Score
probably need a combo forward as well.
I haven’t seen enough of either to know what position they are, or if they’d be a good fit for SC, but I could see Dawn landing Feagin or Hollingshead if she’s interested in either of them. Aaliyah Moore as well. Feagin and Hollingshead seem pretty tight-lipped when it comes to recruiting.

There honestly aren’t a lot of true centers in 2021. Immediate playing time is at the top of Dauda’s list, so I doubt she has much interest in SC.

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen enough of either to know what position they are, or if they’d be a good fit for SC, but I could see Dawn landing Feagin or Hollingshead if she’s interested in either of them. Aaliyah Moore as well. Feagin and Hollingshead seem pretty tight-lipped when it comes to recruiting.

There honestly aren’t a lot of true centers in 2021. Immediate playing time is at the top of Dauda’s list, so I doubt she has much interest in SC.

I know we are recruiting Moore. Staley retweeted her recently.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I know we are recruiting Moore. Staley retweeted her recently.

We are IN big time on Aaliyah Moore.

I think our 2021 class will be 3, a point guard (we take one in every class), a shooting guard and 3/4 type. I can see Moore being one of them. Louisville scares me with Raven Johnson. We are recruiting Sania Feagin as well.

SC is lucky that because our 2019 class was so good and well rounded as far as positions that we can just add pieces based on need and their weaknesses. I still think we need a lights out shooting guard... we’ll see what Littleton brings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think our 2021 class will be 3, a point guard (we take one in every class), a shooting guard and 3/4 type. I can see Moore being one of them. Louisville scares me with Raven Johnson. We are recruiting Sania Feagin as well.

SC is lucky that because our 2019 class was so good and well rounded as far as positions that we can just add pieces based on need and their weaknesses. I still think we need a lights out shooting guard... we’ll see what Littleton brings.
Graves was also in for a home visit for Raven Johnson, so I’d figure they might be a contender too, but not sure I see her heading all the way to the PNW, especially with Pao Pao there.

I’ll be interested to see who Louisville lands with their two scholarships.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Graves was also in for a home visit for Raven Johnson, so I’d figure they might be a contender too, but not sure I see her heading all the way to the PNW, especially with Pao Pao there.

I’ll be interested to see who Louisville lands with their two scholarships.

Graves recruiting Johnson is interesting. I guess he feels Oregon has the national brand to dip into the South now. Like you, I don’t think she heads to the PNW. She’s not the typical point guard, or guard in general, that Graves goes after. More of a slasher than a shooter.. and he LOVES shooters. But more power to him. I still think her game most resembles SEC and ACC schools.

Reaction Score
Graves recruiting Johnson is interesting. I guess he feels Oregon has the national brand to dip into the South now. Like you, I don’t think she heads to the PNW. She’s not the typical point guard, or guard in general, that Graves goes after. More of a slasher than a shooter.. and he LOVES shooters. But more power to him. I still think her game most resembles SEC and ACC schools.
I think he’s also recruiting Puckett (Alabama) and Wolfenbarger (Arkansas), so he probably visited them all in one trip.

I agree Johnson seems like an ACC/SEC type player.

Baylor and Louisville also just landed to PGs in 2020, so it’ll be interesting.

Reaction Score
Just hope you keep them all. That's not a sure thing for any program these days, and past precedent suggests SC loses its fair share to outbound transfers. Very hard to keep bench players happy these days.
It's also about recruiting class position balance. Take UConn for instance: Hunter, Coombs, Walker, and Gordon were sort of competing for the same minutes before Walker fully took on the SF position and that didn't really happen until the rest left. That was a recipe for disaster from the beginning.

Reaction Score
See where Destiny Adams has committed to North Carolina.Guess she just wanted to concentrate solely on basketball and not have to be side-tracked by that dumb ol' academic stuff.:)

Reaction Score
Well he has a player from New Jersey, Ilinois, Kentucky and Indiana coming in next year so that is a pretty wide net in its self.

Reaction Score

I hear the Fudd girl can shoot it a little.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just hope you keep them all. That's not a sure thing for any program these days, and past precedent suggests SC loses its fair share to outbound transfers. Very hard to keep bench players happy these days.

other than Jatarie White being upset she wasn't better than Coates and Wilson five or six years ago (and not sure that was a big loss)

-- Kelsey Bone going back to Texas a decade ago, I'm not sure South Carolina has had a significant transfer.

I don't think Cooper counts. Not sure she was welcome back.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I hear the Fudd girl can shoot it a little.

Not sure South Carolina (or any school) can beat out Geno, Paige Bueckers and ESPN who are all actively recruiting Fudd to the Huskies.

I’d welcome the surprise, but I’m expecting to see her in Husky blue.

Reaction Score
Great pickup for CTT:

Other finalists were Michigan, Maryland, North Carolina, and Michigan State.

I think that makes 14 of the top-60. Definitely a domino effect over the past few days.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Great pickup for CTT:

Other finalists were Michigan, Maryland, North Carolina, and Michigan State.

I think that makes 14 of the top-60. Definitely a domino effect over the past few days.

CTT hauling in some much needed size.

"She is another tall addition for the Sun Devils, whose incoming freshman class includes four players who are 6-3 or 6-4. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom