Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It seems like most of the Pac 12 schools are really extending their recruiting territory lately.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

See where Destiny Adams has committed to North Carolina.Guess she just wanted to concentrate solely on basketball and not have to be side-tracked by that dumb ol' academic stuff.:)

A few of our Boneyard bretheren have kept the "UNC cheat" stuff on the board, but I can't think of a coach who will help turn the page more than Courtney Banghart, given her undergraduate degree from Dartmouth and her HC stay at Princeton.

I'm guessing her knowledge of/pursuit of Ms. Adams began when Coach Banghart was still in central New Jersey, not all that far away from Adams on the Jersey Shore. Banghart also has "strong mutual interest" with star PG Olivia Miles, who is on record as saying that if Banghart had stayed at Princeton, that was her choice. While Miles has opened up her search up a bit to six schools, UNC is right there in the thick of it (as are, I add while crossing my fingers, the Fighting Irish).

I like Destiny Adams a whole bunch. She's a three-sport athlete (volleyball, hoops, lacrosse) and loves to play and compete. Simply great hand-eye coordination, stamina and court/field awareness. Tried my damndest to bring her attention to the powers that be in South Bend, but -- alas -- off to a rival in the ACC. That said, I can understand a bit..she probably would've been a forward at ND and the Irish (luckily and happily) have incoming frosh Maddy Westbeld, also 6'3", at that position for many years to come.

Keep track of the Miles decision...it will be intersting.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
A few of our Boneyard bretheren have kept the "UNC cheat" stuff on the board, but I can't think of a coach who will turn the page more than Courtney Banghart, given her undergraduate degree from Dartmouth and her HC stay at Princeton.

I'm guessing her knowledge of/pursuit of Ms. Adams began when Coach Banghart was still in central New Jersey, not all that far away from Adams on the Jersey Shore. Banghart also has "strong mutual interest" with star PG Olivia Miles, who is on record as saying that if Banghart had stayed at Princeton, that was her choice. While Miles has opened up her search up a bit to six schools, UNC is right there.

I like Destiny Adams a whole bunch. She's a three-sport athlete (volleyball, hoops, lacrosse) and loves to play and compete. Simply great hand-eye coordination, stamina and court/field awareness. Tried my damndest to bring her attention to the powers that be in South Bend, but -- alas -- off to a rival in the ACC. That said, I can understand a bit..she probably would've been a forward at ND and the Irish (luckily and happily) have incoming frosh Maddy Westbeld, also 6'3", at that position for many years to come.

Keep track of the Miles decision...it will be intersting.

I predict Miles will pick UNC.

Reaction Score
698CA6D6-9815-4B17-B17B-30381CB034A6.jpeg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

What does FSU have to do to land a high school commit! None this year and so far none for '21. The new assistants at FSU are awful. (FSU was in Sellers top ten) Maybe she will just transfer to FSU at a later date :p

ND was in that Top Ten list but the two seemed strangely disassociated from each other, so I'm going to assume that cup of coffee had gone cold. However, I was thinking she might head to another B1G team that wears red: Indiana. She apparently had a great unofficial and raved about the coaching staff and team.
Brenda apparently waxes poetic when one is buying advanced tickets. Like you say, stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Cori Allen (class of 2023) picks up an offer from TN. Her dad Corey Allen played for TN in early 90s.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Trying for some canine power to rub off? :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What's will the beagle looking dog on the Vols logo? Am I missing something?

If their mascot was a beagle.... I'd consider rooting for them in a few sports.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Smokey a bluetick hound dog. Has been on the Tennessee sideline since 1953. It's a mascot. There have been a few different dogs not the same one. Always the same type and breed. When the football team runs on the field smokey runs with them. It's been a tradition for many years.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Nothing about committing to Louisville on Peyton’s or her dad’s Twitter (yet...), but if this means she’s headed to Louisville (which I assume it does), Jeff will have an awesome duo with PV and Hailey Van Lith.

3FD8E27A-0AA3-4BF3-8AAE-50F6DC3228DF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99