Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 46 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some one on the Lady Vols board did this.

Davis = MJ
Horston= Pippen
Rennie = Kerr
Burrell = Rodman
Key = Longley

Said they would build the team like Phil Jackson did with the Bulls. Uhhhh............
That must have been “coach” Jumper.

Reaction Score
Intriguing addition for Stanford: Elena Bosgana, a 6-2 W from Greece.

At FIBA U16, she was the tournament’s second leading scorer at 19.2 PPG and led with 4.1 APG.

Was more of a volume shooter at that tournament, 6.4/20 (32.1%) FG per game, and just 2/23 overall on three-pointers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
MSU was not the norm but proves it can be done, it will just be extremely hard. Although I would not put KH on Vic's level yet as a coach but time will tell.
I understand both your points and I agree with the general observation. However those teams also had some vastly underrated talent and players rated lower for other reasons such as academics. Specifically V Vivians should have been rated much higher. Maybe it was because she went to such a small high school in a very rural area. T McCowan had some grade issues coming out of high school. Coach Schaefer has mentioned that she should have also been a top rated player but was rated lower due to grades. Obviously both were drafted high in the WNBA. Several other players were in the 30-60 range as recruits.
While there were teams with more top to bottom talent Coach Schaefer had plenty of pieces with which to work.

Reaction Score
WoW!!! Duke being Petty not hiring Gail Goestenkors back as Head Coach. Published reports say the administration informed her that she is not a candidate. Winningnest coach in program history not allowed to return to Durham..makes no sense unless you realize its payback for going to UT in my opinion.

Reaction Score
If it was GG ‘S choice to leave then I agree with Duke if not we’ll it’s there choice.she hasn’t coached in awhile I’d be apprehensive to hire her also for that reason move forward not backwards. Look at UConn football second time is not always the charm

Reaction Score
Even if they want to hire, they should have just interviewed her for moral purposes or to just save face or at the very least not actually tell her that’s not in the running
Sure waste everyone’s time

Reaction Score
Sure waste everyone’s time
Recruiters and hiring teams do it all the time in all facets of the workforce. That is protocol. They’ll conduct several interviews with external candidates knowing they’d hire an internal candidate before the position was even open. So yea sure...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You gotta admit that orange and purple is a nice color combo

Joking meme.jpg

Reaction Score
Not joking... clemson has some nice gear. Love that purple cap with the orange paw. Purple is a hard color to match with though... I have some Washington Husky caps... you can only wear them with black shirts.

As a Kenyonite, I think purple, white, black and even gold go together. You could even find good shades of green to go with purple. Or blue. It all depends on the hue. In fact, I was at a 5 person wedding that had purple and green as the primary colors.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not joking... clemson has some nice gear. Love that purple cap with the orange paw. Purple is a hard color to match with though... I have some Washington Husky caps... you can only wear them with black shirts.
For years when I was younger (and way before HD TV), I could have sworn Clemson's schools colors were Orange and Navy Blue (certainly not purple).

Seemed like back in the day they had no third school color other than orange and white; that's what I recall them wearing in football when they won their first national title in football in the 80's.

They don't seem to emphasize the color purple very much as Orange is definitely the primary school color.

Reaction Score
If it was GG ‘S choice to leave then I agree with Duke if not we’ll it’s there choice.she hasn’t coached in awhile I’d be apprehensive to hire her also for that reason move forward not backwards. Look at UConn football second time is not always the charm

I think it was a combination of the money she wanted and the cutting of funding for women's basketball- in particular recruiting. I think Duke chose to go cheap.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like Barnes is building for the long haul. It will be an adjustment when McDonald uses up her eligibility but talent continues to come to Tucson. Adia's name seems to come up for EVERY job opening, but hopefully she's staying put for a good long while.

Reaction Score

My previously masticated lunch is now on the floor.

Orange and purple is the most garish color combination ever created. Would you wear that combination if not in school colors?

Okay, I'm prejudiced but still . . . c'mon. Orange and purple? Ugh.

Reaction Score
Arizona's in-state commitment Conner is ranked high (#24 overall) by ASGR for c/o 2021 (tho unranked by HG). Prospects has her top 60.

Kind of like how Oregon has reloaded with great deep recruiting classes for post-Sabrina success, Arizona is steadily doing the same for after Aari McDonald.

Reaction Score
Arizona's in-state commitment Conner is ranked high (#24 overall) by ASGR for c/o 2021 (tho unranked by HG). Prospects has her top 60.

Kind of like how Oregon has reloaded with great deep recruiting classes for post-Sabrina success, Arizona is steadily doing the same for after Aari McDonald.
Madison Conner’s rankings:

HoopGurlz — #72
ProspectsNation — #56
ASGR — #25
BlueStar — #36
Prep Girls Hoops — #51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors