Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would just like to put on record that it wasn’t a SC fan that called the Gamecocks a dynasty. Just like the last time, this is another case of the Gamecocks being inserted into a conversation that wasn’t asked for.
Fair enough. Just next time a fan ,any fan, refers to Boston as a generational talent I expect to hear from ya’ll in mass.

Reaction Score
South Carolina quietly setting up to be the next dynasty.
The drive by post that started the South Carolina dynasty discussion.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Fair enough. Just next time a fan ,any fan, refers to Boston as a generational talent I expect to hear from ya’ll in mass.

There were Gamecock fans pumping the breaks on that as well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was waiting for something official. Good get for OSU. Goforth, Kampschroeder and von Oelfhoffen is a nice trio of perimeter players for them in the future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You mean the Van Lith rumor was a lesson?
I have never been a fan of rumors about players..including rumor commitments. So no, the Van Lith rumor was not some "lesson". Fortunately for Beaver fans, the Talia von Oelhoffen rumor is true!!!! So much for YOUR earlier prediction of 0 for 3 for OSU!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Figurehead 's neighbor finally got one right:

Not sure what you mean by "finally got one right". There have been a number of player predictions made by
OSU fans in the last decade that have been right. If you are referring to full blown rumors, I am only aware of
the Van Lith rumor and this week's rumor about Talia. Getting 1 of 2 rumors correct is "finally" being correct??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think so at all
Who's to say Harriel's commitment to Stanford didn't play a role in Talia von Oelhoffen's decision to attend Oregon State? We might know more if/when she is interviewed.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
OSU, in the shadows of Eugene, OR, quietly continuing to draw more 5-star recruits. Just think what Rueck will do with a stable of 5-stars!
Why "in the shadows of Eugene"?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Why "in the shadows of Eugene"?
I'd say Sabrina has cast a pretty long shadow over all of WCBB these past few seasons, not just to the annoyance of (some) Huskies fans, but also to (some of) her neighbors farther up I-5.

Reaction Score
I'm a tad skeptical of "best bud" (or herd) mentality among young adults (read teenagers). I remember conversations about various permutations of US National Team players and thus far, they all seem to pick the school that is best for themselves. That said, Goforth and Kennedy Brown have all been putting friendly persuasion on Verhulst who, IMHO, is the real catch of the group. From a practical standpoint, if even "just" three of them go to OSU, who is going to sit? OSU, with their slew of talented bigs (including Ms. Brown and Taylor Jones) is not going to go one big, four wings.

Besides, the Irish in me hopes Verhulst, a fine representative of Bishop Miege, should join Olivia Miles in a reprise of the U.S. National Team backcourt in Chile. Run and gun Irish!

Well, getting two out of three to "follow" Goforth to Oregon State ain't half bad. I'm sure Greta Kampscroeder and Talia von Oelhoffen had several reasons a piece.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love the way Oregon State recruits. They really go after players that fit their system to perfection.

I love those big 5’11-6’2ish guards/wings that can shoot the lights out and OSU always seems to be in play for those players.
OSU's pickup of Talia von Oelhoffen continues this tradition!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone know what team is recruiting her?

A565576A-9FF8-48D3-86B8-3AB408933CF5.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'd say Sabrina has cast a pretty long shadow over all of WCBB these past few seasons, not just to the annoyance of (some) Huskies fans, but also to (some of) her neighbors farther up I-5.
Shadow wasn't long enough to win a national title though.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Who's to say Harriel's commitment to Stanford didn't play a role in Talia von Oelhoffen's decision to attend Oregon State? We might know more if/when she is interviewed.
Or vice versa. If so we'll probably never know, though.

Reaction Score
Or vice versa. If so we'll probably never know, though.
Yes, we may never know, but I would not be surprised if the potential for much greater PT (in general) at Oregon State compared to Stanford played a role in her decision. She will likely be a starter (at point) all 4 years at OSU. Here are my best guesses as to why she picked OSU over Stanford: (shocking that OSU has now beaten out Stanford for 2 TOP recruits for 2021, the other being Greta Kampschroeder)

1. PT. Much more over 4 years at OSU than Stanford.
2. friendships with other OSU players/commits
3. closer proximity to home. The drive from Pasco, WA to Corvallis, OR is about 4 hrs 45 minutes on 2
very good highways...most of the way is I-84 and I-5.
4. She likes the idea of being a Point guard rather than a 2-3 (at Stanford)

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
OSU, in the shadows of Eugene, OR, quietly continuing to draw more 5-star recruits. Just think what Rueck will do with a stable of 5-stars!
He's baaacckkk! Who knew the BY had a COVID19 Social distancing problem? Glad the quarantine is over. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom