Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Smith and Egbo will be seniors when she comes in. Although as a top post player, Baylor makes sense given their history and use of post players. I am assuming she will play at the 4 given her body and length. Should be a nice compliment to Gusters in the future. If she really can drain 3's like the stats I saw, thats impressive.
I’m really excited about this commitment!

Reaction Score
She was quoted as saying she wanted to go somewhere she could get a lot of playing time early; that was the only reason why I thought Baylor might not be her choice as she'd be battling (Egbo, Smith, and Gusters) for playing time in year one.
Playing time won’t be an issue! Baylor currently has 10 players on the roster. We lose Richards and Ursin this year. If Dauda is our only 2021 recruit, we’d have 9 players for 2021-2022 not counting any potential graduate transfers. We would have Smith, Egbo, Bickle, T. Oliver, J. Oliver, Owens, Andrews, Gusters, and Dauda for the 2021-2022 season. That’s plenty of playing time for her if Smith, Egbo, and Gusters get into foul trouble.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Playing time won’t be an issue! Baylor currently has 10 players on the roster. We lose Richards and Ursin this year. If Dauda is our only 2021 recruit, we’d have 9 players for 2021-2022 not counting any potential graduate transfers. We would have Smith, Egbo, Bickle, T. Oliver, J. Oliver, Owens, Andrews, Gusters, and Dauda for the 2021-2022 season. That’s plenty of playing time for her if Smith, Egbo, and Gusters get into foul trouble.
And if they don't? :p

Reaction Score
And if they don't? :p

I’m sure she didn’t choose a school only because of playing time. If she’s good, she will play early.

i think she will see good time year one if she continues to progress.

smith saw a lot of time year one even with brown and cox there

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
While she loved Arkansas, I didn't see how she could fit there considering Arkansas literally does not utilize post players very much.

Have they had any post players to utilize? If you look at Osahor's Jr. and Sr. year at Washington, Coach Neighbors has no problem using a post if he has a skilled player.

Reaction Score
I’m sure she didn’t choose a school only because of playing time. If she’s good, she will play early.

Exactly! Kalani Brown her freshmen year only played 10-15 minutes but averaged 9 points per game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Coach Neighbors really needed to address his lack of a post presence and keep a top player at home.

He did get Wolfenbarger recently. But his track record of keeping local talent home at Washington was fairly abysmal. Generally speaking recruiting wasn't his forte at UW.

Reaction Score
He did get Wolfenbarger recently. But his track record of keeping local talent home at Washington was fairly abysmal. Generally speaking recruiting wasn't his forte at UW.

He did keep Elauna Eaton as well. So far at Arkansas he has been successful picking up some great transfers and having pretty explosive guard play. He needs to find some post play to help compliment those other pieces. Dauda actually would have been major for them considering what she does well and can drain 3's at a pretty high rate.

Reaction Score
My apologies. I should have been more specific. I remember last fall or maybe earlier there was a discussion regarding Coach Neighbors having a great class available in his state this year. J Wolfenbarger is a very good player. However he does not seem to have an issue with getting guards. It is the lack of a post presence that has kept them from advancing as a program. Keeping M Dauba home would have been a big step.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

As I mentioned, she was quoted in late February as saying early playing time was important to her; I never said that was her only criteria. But, as we've learned from trying to interpret teenagers' words, they don't always mean the same thing to adults:

“I want to go to a place that I know when I get there as a freshman I would get quite a bit of playing time as a freshman,” she said. “I know whenever I get there there will be some juniors or seniors in front of me. I know they’ll probably get more playing time than I will, but I also want to go somewhere I might get minutes.”

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Exactly! Kalani Brown her freshmen year only played 10-15 minutes but averaged 9 points per game.
Kalani her freshman year is actually a good example as it pertains to minutes and depth. You had Khadijah Cave and Kristina Higgins as upperclass post players; and, Mompremier as a fellow freshman post player. Nina Davis was the undersized PF. Kalani not getting more minutes was due to her conditioning, not to the upperclassmen being more talented and experienced as Brown still was the Center with the most points per game.

## SUMMARY GP-GS Min FG% 3PT% FT% R/G A/G STL BLK PTS/G
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
13 Davis, Nina......... 38-38 32.2 .548 .375 .677 6.1 1.6 37 17 16.3
21 Brown, Kalani....... 38-1 14.4 .603 .000 .626 4.3 0.6 19 50 9.3
32 Mompremier, Beatrice 38-26 14.9 .535 .000 .406 6.1 0.7 25 60 7.2
55 Cave, Khadijiah..... 38-4 14.7 .545 .000 .783 4.9 0.4 16 22 6.3
44 Higgins, Kristina... 32-14 10.7 .462 .000 .750 3.8 0.7 16 24 3.2

Reaction Score
Have they had any post players to utilize? If you look at Osahor's Jr. and Sr. year at Washington, Coach Neighbors has no problem using a post if he has a skilled player.

that was my thought too. They "literally" haven't had any post players to utilize.

Reaction Score
Kalani her freshman year is actually a good example as it pertains to minutes and depth. You had Khadijah Cave and Kristina Higgins as upperclass post players; and, Mompremier as a fellow freshman post player. Nina Davis was the undersized PF. Kalani not getting more minutes was due to her conditioning, not to the upperclassmen being more talented and experienced as Brown still was the Center with the most points per game.

## SUMMARY GP-GS Min FG% 3PT% FT% R/G A/G STL BLK PTS/G
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
13 Davis, Nina......... 38-38 32.2 .548 .375 .677 6.1 1.6 37 17 16.3
21 Brown, Kalani....... 38-1 14.4 .603 .000 .626 4.3 0.6 19 50 9.3
32 Mompremier, Beatrice 38-26 14.9 .535 .000 .406 6.1 0.7 25 60 7.2
55 Cave, Khadijiah..... 38-4 14.7 .545 .000 .783 4.9 0.4 16 22 6.3
44 Higgins, Kristina... 32-14 10.7 .462 .000 .750 3.8 0.7 16 24 3.2
Yep once kalani got her conditioning down she took over the starting job over mompremier. Mompremier started the conference part of the season of her freshmen year and then the non conference part of sophomore season but kalani took her place during the conference part sophomore year

Reaction Score
Maybe when we get a little more clarity on the jr class, I'll do an in depth look, but Stanford, Oregon, UConn, Baylor, and South Carolina all look pretty stacked.

Syracuse is a definite maybe. Louisville and Notre Dame look good. Miss State is going to be interesting to see.

Reaction Score
If this is true Rivers is a huge get for SC. Pair her with Boston for 2 years and that is a formidable duo.
There are really 4 finesse & very similar player remaining in the 2021 class my predictions:
Fegin- South Carolina
Lattimore- Notre Dame
Hollingshead- Georgia
Key- Tennessee
Deliberately not including Iriafen in this because her game appears to be more power. Last I heard UCONN was still interested in Hollingshead and Iriafen. Recently wrote that Hollingshead really bulked up and can now legit play power game at 4 or 5. Me thinks that Iriafen stays on the West coast Cal, Stanford, UCLA Oregon?. Don't think UCONN will be too disappointed in not getting either Iriafen or Hollingshead because UCONN has DeBerry coming in with a similar finesse game and Brady comes a year later to add the power.
BTW Brady is legit! Her ceiling is a cross between Wilson and Boston and her floor being Morgan Tuck.
Well -Lattimore committed to the CUSE

Reaction Score
As of now, the remaining top 30 recruits uncommitted include:

1. Azzi Fudd (#1 Overall, G, St. John's College H.S. (DC))
  2. Saniya Rivers (#3 Overall, G, Eugene Ashley H.S. (NC))
  3. Sani Feagin (#6 Overall, F, Forest Park H.S. (GA))
  4. Okikiola Iriafen (#9 Overall, F, Harvard Westlake H.S. (CA))
  5. Raven Johnson (#13 Overall, PG, Westlake H.S. (GA))
  6. Rayah Marshall (#14 Overall,G, Lynwood H.S. (CA))
  7. Kayla McPherson (#15 Overall, PG, Madison County H.S. (GA))
  8. Damiya Hagemann (#19 Overall, PG, Detroit Edison Public Academy (MI))
  9. Aziaha James (#21 Overall, G, Princess Anne H.S. (VA))
  10. Teonni Key (#22 Overall, W, Cary H.S. (NC))
  11. Aubryanna Hall (#26 Overall, G, Wayne H.S. (OH))
  12. Kyndall Hunter (#29 Overall, PG, Cypress Creek H.S. (TX)
    I know it is rumored Saniya made a verbal to SC but will wait till its actually official.

Reaction Score
As of now, the remaining top 30 recruits uncommitted include:

1. Azzi Fudd (#1 Overall, G, St. John's College H.S. (DC))
  2. Saniya Rivers (#3 Overall, G, Eugene Ashley H.S. (NC))
  3. Sani Feagin (#6 Overall, F, Forest Park H.S. (GA))
  4. Okikiola Iriafen (#9 Overall, F, Harvard Westlake H.S. (CA))
  5. Raven Johnson (#13 Overall, PG, Westlake H.S. (GA))
  6. Rayah Marshall (#14 Overall,G, Lynwood H.S. (CA))
  7. Kayla McPherson (#15 Overall, PG, Madison County H.S. (GA))
  8. Damiya Hagemann (#19 Overall, PG, Detroit Edison Public Academy (MI))
  9. Aziaha James (#21 Overall, G, Princess Anne H.S. (VA))
  10. Teonni Key (#22 Overall, W, Cary H.S. (NC))
  11. Aubryanna Hall (#26 Overall, G, Wayne H.S. (OH))
  12. Kyndall Hunter (#29 Overall, PG, Cypress Creek H.S. (TX)
    I know it is rumored Saniya made a verbal to SC but will wait till its actually official.

Well, nothing is official until they sign the papers, but this is not even "semi-official" without a tweet or any other public acknowledgement by the prospect.

The "rival coaching staff" that leaked her alleged commitment should be sanctioned for violating recruiting rules. Staffs are not permitted to discuss recruits at all - even to say they are no longer involved.

Screw it. Just sanction Clempsun.

Reaction Score
Well, nothing is official until they sign the papers, but this is not even "semi-official" without a tweet or any other public acknowledgement by the prospect.

The "rival coaching staff" that leaked her alleged commitment should be sanctioned for violating recruiting rules. Staffs are not permitted to discuss recruits at all - even to say they are no longer involved.

Screw it. Just sanction Clempsun.
What happened here?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
What happened here?

Apparently Saniya Rivers confirmed to some staff that she was committing to Dawn Staley and SC, that staff then leaked her commitment. That's how word got back to SC beat writers because neither Saniya or SC ever actually announced that she committed to the Gamecocks. Dawn did her standard announcement where she hints that she landed a recruit but mentioned no names.

We still don't know for sure that Rivers has actually committed. Only thing we know at this point is that SC so far has three recruits committed for 2021 because Dawn has made that announcement three times, with her most recent being 30 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom