Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
So, if I recall, Lattimore's three finalists are Kentucky, Florida and Syracuse, so the overlap with Wilson are the Gators and Orange. The 'Cuse, of course, have Kamilla Cardoso, all 6'6" of her, arriving in 2020. Will Lattimore want to post with her? And there's a couple of three-star PGs -- Laura Salmeron and Kiara Fisher, also coming in 2020 to vie PT after Tiana M's final season.

Two could be the face of a Florida rebuild?

If she was to choose the Irish, she would pair with another small(er), quick PG in Alasa Hayes, who would be a sophomore in 2021, a year removed from learning how to be an exclusive PG. Wilso is the third PG in 2021 that there is the proverbial "mutual interest in," along with Ari Wiggins of Indianapolis and Top 5 prospect Olivia Miles of Blair Academy, the Philly Belles and the U.S.A. National Team. One would have to think Miles is the prime target, but good to know MM is covering her bases.

Stay tuned.....

Lattimore considers herself to be more of a guard/forward, so a pairing with Kamilla Cardoso would really make sense if she has that ability. A very interesting list of suitors for both Day-Wilson and Lattimore.. seems like international prospects are more likely to take a chance on a school not considered a power.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Lattimore considers herself to be more of a guard/forward, so a pairing with Kamilla Cardoso would really make sense if she has that ability. A very interesting list of suitors for both Day-Wilson and Lattimore.. seems like international prospects are more likely to take a chance on a school not considered a power.

Well, I'm glad she considers herself a guard/foward and Coach Q might nod his head, but when she gets on the court in college, I see nothing but a forward (and I think the same thing when I see her tape). Maybe her inner Earvin will develop, but I have not seen it yet. :)

The former Belmont coach is still at Florida, right? If he could get those two, that could be a breakout for him. "Cuse is on something of a rolll. We'll see.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Nikki going after #1 in Indiana class of '22. Ayanna Patterson.

She'll have a lot of competition up by Fort Wayne. Kim Mulkey just offered her to come play in Waco.
And Coach McGraw and Beth Morgan Cunningham have been coming over from South Bend numerous times.

There's some excellent talent in the Class of 2022 in northern Indiana...MM and company can cut down on their carbon footprint: Patterson, point guard Nevaeh Foster in nearby Mishawaka and Mila Reynolds from South Bend's Washington H.S., alma mater of Skylar Diggins.

Reaction Score
She'll have a lot of competition up by Fort Wayne. Kim Mulkey just offered her to come play in Waco.
And Coach McGraw and Beth Morgan Cunningham have been coming over from South Bend numerous times.

There's some excellent talent in the Class of 2022 in northern Indiana...MM and company can cut down on their carbon footprint: Patterson, point guard Nevaeh Foster in nearby Mishawaka and Mila Reynolds from South Bend's Washington H.S., alma mater of Skylar Diggins.

If ND doesn't come roaring back this year, what do you think that does to MM's recruiting? Does it cost her?

Reaction Score
If ND doesn't come roaring back this year, what do you think that does to MM's recruiting? Does it cost her?
I am not a Muffet fan but this is too premature to even suggest.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

There's a lot of variables surrounding the overall Irish situation, let alone how it affects recruting:

- the Irish, save for Destinee Walker, are still young. Wing Sam Brunelle, Guard Anaya Peoples, Combo guard Katlyn Gilbert and Guard Abby Prohaska will all be sophomores in terms of eligibility. There's a good class comprising all positions, but that's still five freshmen. The good news is folks won't be on the floor 30+ minutes per game like Brunelle, Peoples, etc. were last year.

Of the freshman, 6'5" forward Nat Marshall will still be recovering from an ACL surgery in January, so buying time is not a bad thing for her. Do expect 6'3" Maddy Westbeld to step in and help the Irish early and often, just as older sister Kathryn did. And Alli Campbell should add some long-distance shooting prowess alongside Brunelle and Walker.

- the season. Will there be a season? If so, when will it start? Regular time? After the beginning of the chrono year? And will the abbreviated nature of the season help/hurt them? With a young team, it's usually the latter, but you never know.

That said, I expect ND to do better. Not sure about "roaring back," but MM and staff learned a lot about setting proper expectations and I think she'll adjust coaching from Day one accordingly. There's been no attrition this year -- if anything, the Irish are raring to go (both Brunelle and Peoples -- natural, outgoing types -- are raring to go and setting positive vibes).

Recruiting-wise:

- ND is transitioning from a Niele Ivey-led regime to one co-run by Beth Morgan Cunningham and Michaela Mabey. While Ivey was the front and center in many ways, Cunningham works with wings and did her fair share of recruiting, as well; both with ND and as head coach for nearly 10 years at VCU. We'll see how ND fares in both '21 and '22 with their guidance.

- The recruiting "slow/shut down" came into play with late-to-the-gate prospects like Verhulst and Wolfenbarger. March's homes visits and/or April's Official Visits would've helped with a number of them.

- Still, ND does not have or want to lot of prospects in 21: probably three, max. MM is said to be swinging for the fences to add someone who can take the Classes of 19 and 20 to the next level. High risk, high reward. If she can get one of the right players in both years, I think they'll do fine.

- At the end of the day, this is still MM's program and she's still into it, as are her charges. Stay tuned.

- LATER EDIT: Muffet McGraw just announced her resignation! It's a new dawn....however, I think ND will draw from a very tight circle of ND-related coaches for her successor; all of whom will be known to incoming freshmen and current prospects. Stay (very) tuned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't see the universities not having a season. If workers are brought back in fully to jobs over the next 2 or 3 months I believe fall classes will resume and sports will start back up. Not saying it is right or wrong, but that is what I see happening.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can't see the universities not having a season. If workers are brought back in fully to jobs over the next 2 or 3 months I believe fall classes will resume and sports will start back up. Not saying it is right or wrong, but that is what I see happening.
Different sport, different gender but still an ominous sign in one of the states least impacted by the virus.
College athletics is driven by football. No football likely means no basketball for men and women.
UCONN might be in a slightly different situation and not as football revenue driven but UCONN has to play someone if there is going to be a season.

Reaction Score
Ooooh. Harsin is furloughed . . . for TEN WHOLE DAYS! He's losing 2% of his $1.65 million dollar salary.

This is not an "ominous sign". This is a symbolic move so that when BSU goes to the capital for a bailout they can say that they are "making painful cuts, even in the football program".

Reaction Score
Morasha William's just got offered by Nikki Mcray. Anyone have info on her? Looks like she is recovering from an ACL.

Reaction Score
Suárez Good pick up for TN. Great IQ, shot, and has time to develop. Looking forward to seeing TN three PT shooters in Rennie after a year of experience and Darby an incoming freshman play together. Rennie shot close to 45% this year which I think went well under the radar.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I thought she would end up at UNC. Good start for the new era at ND.

Reaction Score

Future UConn vs Notre Dame clashes just got alittle more exciting. Miles possesses that similarly unique playmaking gene that is abundantly present in Bueckers DNA. And like Bueckers, I think other high-level recruits will be lining up to play with her. Very important commit for coach Ivey and ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom