Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 160 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

“Four-star forward and top 100 player nationally Deyona’ Gaston committed to the Bulldogs this week just after taking her official visit two weeks ago. She chose the Bulldogs over finalists Florida State, Kansas and Texas as well as early offers from Connecticut, Louisville, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, North Carolina, South Carolina and others.”

Congrats to that young lady. I remember her being ranked in the top 10 much earlier in the recruiting process but dropped due to injuries. If she can stay healthy, she could be a big impact for State.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I’m wrong but Miss St currently has 14 scholarship players this year with Danberry being the lone senior. That leaves 13 next year and with Hayes and Gaston that’s 15. Who’s leaving or giving up their scholarship to make room?
I think you are correct. I know we have 14 players as of today and I believe Danberry is the only senior. As for who is leaving or redshirting next year, I do not have a clue. Hard for me to believe Vic would pass on either Andrews or Cardoso but
I think that is a problem he would love to have.

Reaction Score
Also, @SCspur, FWIW they dropped Hunt. Any updates on SCs targets?

Cardoso is the last expected visitor with Hunt, Johnson and Russell decisions pending. If SC strikes out I expect them to go hard after Fudd, Rivers and possibly Feagin.

Reaction Score
Xaria Wiggins or Myah Taylor?
I see both of those players playing a significant role for the coming season. unless they totally bomb IMO they are MSST for the rest of their careers.

Reaction Score
I see both of those players playing a significant role for the coming season. unless they totally bomb IMO they are MSST for the rest of their careers.
I looked throughout the roster and took a guess on those two because Jackson’s gonna start eventually if not right away this season, Espinoza-H starts, Bibby still there..that’s a lot of players in front of Wiggins unless she’s a two and not a wing. There was a lot of chatter about Taylor all summer long about not being able to score, defend, and keep her turnovers down and it’s a few players on the roster that can play the point plus Danberry got another year. I see all other players staying so idk. Hope I don’t get in trouble for transfer speculation.

Reaction Score
I looked throughout the roster and took a guess on those two because Jackson’s gonna start eventually if not right away this season, Espinoza-H starts, Bibby still there..that’s a lot of players in front of Wiggins unless she’s a two and not a wing. There was a lot of chatter about Taylor all summer long about not being able to score, defend, and keep her turnovers down and it’s a few players on the roster that can play the point plus Danberry got another year. I see all other players staying so idk. Hope I don’t get in trouble for transfer speculation.
Not from me, If transfers are forthcoming, I really do not see obvious choices. MSST does have players recovering from injuries and depending on how they progress, transfers may come from one or more of those players. We lost an outstanding player, Iggy Allen, to Miami. She had a serious knee injury and never fully recovered. I would prefer redshirting to transfer if that is possible. A guard like S. Andrews does not come along everyday and MSST certainly needs outstanding guards with our style of play, however the same can be said for Cardoso with regard to post players.

Reaction Score
Xaria Wiggins or Myah Taylor?

I've always thought about Wiggins being a transfer at some point. As it currently stands, I just don't see her starting at any point. I think there are too many players in front of her. Especially when Cooks becomes eligible next year.

Scott I could see as well because I don't see her starting. I think she'll get buried down in the depth chart next year.

Reaction Score

Louisville and LSU expected to be adding these two JUCO players

LSU is also recruiting other JUCO's right now. I guess they aren't confident about where they currently stand with the remaining prospects. I hope they end up getting one of them, you can't build a top program continuously living off leftover transfers and JUCOs. LSU is hoping to add Sarah Shematsi as well.

Reaction Score

Former MSU signee Daphane White visited LSU this weekend

I’d previously heard of the possibility of her going to LSU or at least visiting. She has a lot of potential but I’m not sure of her drive or overall dedication.

Reaction Score

Former MSU signee Daphane White visited LSU this weekend

Those are some mighty tight and short shorts. Here’s to hoping this isn’t the next wave of uniform trendiness (this being said by a younger than middle aged female for reference)

Reaction Score
I’d previously heard of the possibility of her going to LSU or at least visiting. She has a lot of potential but I’m not sure of her drive or overall dedication.
My brother-in-law saw her play in HS. He said she was the most dominate WBB player he ever seen playing at the HS level. He is a Mississippi Southern grad and they wanted her really bad when she signed with MSST. If LSU gets her they will have a really good post player.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Cardoso is the last expected visitor with Hunt, Johnson and Russell decisions pending. If SC strikes out I expect them to go hard after Fudd, Rivers and possibly Feagin.

I don't think we strike out, but SC is definitely in the situation where we are taking players to supplement that monster 2019 class. I think we take 1 or 2 this class... a wing or guard and a traditional post.

2021 is definitely a big class for us. You never want to have back to back smaller classes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I thought Haley Van Lith was the player that is going to be compared to Bueckers? Well here's Clark in her own words about what is her biggest thing she looks for in the recruiting process.

All three schools plan for her to play right away, Clark said.

"And I think that’s been one of the biggest things for me in the whole recruiting process," she added. "I never wanted to go somewhere and sit down. Obviously, you’re going to have to go and work your butt off just to get playing time — I don't want anything given to me. But you definitely have to look at the roster and see, 'Are there other point guards there? Who do they have in the recruiting class already?'

Great find and quote from Clark. I'm happy that she said it and even happier about the way she said it. Most recruits think this way and don't want to sit behind someone but the good/great ones don't let that stop them from working their butts off. Well said Caitlin!

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I believe Oregon State remains solidly in the Van Lith Sweepstakes

I wonder if the author has the schools confused? I'd be stunned if she ends up at Oregon, given the guards coming in for 2020 and the Bigby commitment for 2021.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I wonder if the author has the schools confused? I'd be stunned if she ends up at Oregon, given the guards coming in for 2020 and the Bigby commitment for 2021.

I was thinking they have A LOT of guards committed for the next couple classes.

Also UCLA has 2 former McD AA PG who will be freshmen this year. Not exactly a position of need there for the next several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom