Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 143 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anaya Boyd’s top-5: Arizona, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, North Carolina State, Southern Cal.

Damn. I know she was on the top of our board. Oh well. Not too surprised, she was less communicative with us after our assistant Tasha Butts went to GT. Surprised SC didn't make the cut.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This sucks, I wanted Boyd at SC. I’m Confused about the infatuation of Southern Cal. Seems a lot of young ladies are considering them. Living in LA is a big bonus along with a good education but basketball wise they are very average.

Yeah, but they drew 750 fans per home game last season. Oh wait, that can't be a selling point.

Ha, I just looked it up. Their total attendance for home games for '18-'19 is about what South Carolina draws per game.

Yeah, I also don't get why so many prospects have USC on their top 10 or top 5 list. Truly pathetic fan support, that can't be fun playing in an empty arena. UCLA averaged 2800+ so it's not like people in LA can't make it to a women's basketball game.

Reaction Score
Well, I did have a "Hayes" on my radar...but not that one or that family. Seem to recall Niele Ivey dropping by Tennessee awhile back to see Madison Hayes. But didn't see this one...

This may be a "later arrival" on the PG scene now that Jordan Nixon is at Texas A&M. In any case, here's an article on it.
Riverdale basketball's Alasia Hayes narrows college decision to 5

ND's point guard situation is, at best, a bit muddled with only one true point guard (Sniezek) on the roster and she's only there for a year. The competition for Clark is intense and those cards are being held very close to her vest. So, having options is probably prudent (break out the broccoli). However, ND and Olivia Miles apparently have mutual interest in 2021, so I wonder if ND would take more than one PG in 2020.
With the current "Should I Stay or Should I Go" vibe in ND, this makes for interesting times. :rolleyes:

p.s. Per Orangutan's point, there's not a lot of us recruiting followers on the ND/Bench front (and there's simply not that much dedicated media, either), but we (Orangutan, MPG, RISteve and others) try. Head bang

Maybe the state of things at ND is worse than thought? Ivey may leave. An offer to a PG that will not likely play/be good at a school as elite as ND?

I have seen Hayes play several times. Between the family/character concerns, her size, poor shooting and lack of game impact it’s hard to imagine her being an impact player at ND. She is a much lesser version of Diamond Johnson or Jaden Owens, both of whom I think will struggle themselves to make an impact in college.

Reaction Score
Damn. I know she was on the top of our board. Oh well. Not too surprised, she was less communicative with us after our assistant Tasha Butts went to GT. Surprised SC didn't make the cut.

With SCs incoming group and other 2020s they are after and have on radar Boyd fell off Staley’s radar. Boyd isn’t elite enough at her position to find space for at SC. Look at her top 5, NC State probably best team, but they’re down and the others are not even top 25 teams, besides Kentucky.

At this point in the process a players “top 5” often says more about whose chasing them still (even if they had an offer from a big school at one point, that school likely backed off). How Boyd played this summer probably puts her in the #30-#50 ranks now. Not a SC desirable.

Reaction Score
With SCs incoming group and other 2020s they are after and have on radar Boyd fell off Staley’s radar. Boyd isn’t elite enough at her position to find space for at SC. Look at her top 5, NC State probably best team, but they’re down and the others are not even top 25 teams, besides Kentucky.

At this point in the process a players “top 5” often says more about whose chasing them still (even if they had an offer from a big school at one point, that school likely backed off). How Boyd played this summer probably puts her in the #30-#50 ranks now. Not a SC desirable.
NC State isn't really "down". They return Grace Hunter, who averaged 14.6 PPG in 14 games before going down, Aislinn Konig who averaged 10.7 PPG and 3.8 APG, and Elissa Cunane averaged 13.6 PPG and was as good a post as any other freshman in the country last year. They also get Kaila Ealey back who missed last season but averaged 8.9 PPG and 4.2 APG in 17-18. Returning all that on top of adding Jakia Brown-Turner, Jada Boyd, and Elle Sutphin doesn't sound like a down year.

Reaction Score

I liked her despite her ranking. She is a tough physical guard and I thought she could have came in and played well beside talented players. She will be a solid player anywhere she goes though.

Reaction Score
Maybe the state of things at ND is worse than thought? Ivey may leave. An offer to a PG that will not likely play/be good at a school as elite as ND?

I have seen Hayes play several times. Between the family/character concerns, her size, poor shooting and lack of game impact it’s hard to imagine her being an impact player at ND. She is a much lesser version of Diamond Johnson or Jaden Owens, both of whom I think will struggle themselves to make an impact in college.
Here, her shot looks much, much better than her sister Anastasia's ever did.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Stephen Curry select camp begins next Monday. Seven female players are attending this year including Te-Hina PaoPao, Lexi Donarski, Sasha Goforth, Treasure Hunt, and Cameron Brink.

Paige Bueckers and future UConn guard Azzi Fudd will also be there, the second trip for Fudd.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The Stephen Curry select camp begins next Monday. Seven female players are attending this year including Te-Hina PaoPao, Lexi Donarski, Sasha Goforth, Treasure Hunt, and Cameron Brink.

Paige Bueckers and future UConn guard Azzi Fudd will also be there, the second trip for Fudd.

Paige. Seal the deal. :)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't even know which school has the Spartan helmet w/ the sword stuck thru it. Michigan St.'s logo thankfully didn't stab itself in the head, so that's something different. And San Diego St.? Random.

Reaction Score
I don't even know which school has the Spartan helmet w/ the sword stuck thru it. Michigan St.'s logo thankfully didn't stab itself in the head, so that's something different. And San Diego St.? Random.
I think that’s Army? Interesting choice.

SDSU has been doing well this year. They were the runner-up for PaoPao, and also a finalist for Myra Gordon and a few other Texans.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I am curious to see how Oregon St. transfer Taylor Kalmer does for SDSU this year. Other than location, seems odd they are all of a sudden getting their foot in the door w/ some big prospects. They went 28-7 in '12-'13, have had a losing record every season since then.

Reaction Score
Madison Scott’s top-5: Ole Miss, UCLA, Maryland, Florida State, and Miami.

Maryland is probably the team to be but I’m hoping she lands at Ole Miss. I love Coach Yo and I would definitely like for her to makeup ground on Vic Schaefer in Mississippi. She’s off to a great start being in on a couple of elite players this class and having a 5 star wing committed next year. The future is definitely bright in Oxford!

Reaction Score
Maryland is probably the team to be but I’m hoping she lands at Ole Miss. I love Coach Yo and I would definitely like for her to makeup ground on Vic Schaefer in Mississippi. She’s off to a great start being in on a couple of elite players this class and having a 5 star wing committed next year. The future is definitely bright in Oxford!
A big potential set back for them: 6-5 Tai-Yanna Jackson isn’t listed on the 19-20 roster.

She is definitely making up some ground, and has two top-100 players in 2020, and she got the best in-state player. Vic has to cast a smaller net than usual, because her has 13 players and 0 seniors on the team

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Coach Yo sure is doing work on the recruiting trail. I have seen them in the mix for a lot of top 100 players in this 2020/2021 classes. She is off to a great start already with 2020 class w/ those two 4 star commits.

I've heard nothing but good things about her and her staff. They certainly have a lot of rebuilding to do but they seem on track between their 2019 and 2020 classes. If Tai Jackson isn't on this years team that would be unfortunate, they could really use her.

Reaction Score
A big potential set back for them: 6-5 Tai-Yanna Jackson isn’t listed on the 19-20 roster.

She is definitely making up some ground, and has two top-100 players in 2020, and she got the best in-state player. Vic has to cast a smaller net than usual, because her has 13 players and 0 seniors on the team

Not sure why but she was in this video two weeks ago sporting number 0... definitely something to watch for..

Reaction Score
Ole Miss is definitely a team I am interested in this year. Coach Yo had them playing a lot better last year. Of course, there is no love between the two schools, but it would be fun if that rivalry became competitive.

Reaction Score
This is just awful! Such a talented dual-sport athlete, was likely going to be ND GPOY in both, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom