Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 118 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This surprised me as well, Louisville mainly though. Are recruits cooling down on the Cardinals? This also tells me in a way that Notre Dame is likely all in on Caitlin Clark. One is a PG and the other a SG.. but they’re both just a “big guard” in ND’s offense. Might be a take for McGraw.

Remember, ND also has a verbal commitment from Alli Campbell, the Pennsylvania guard who has grown into a 6' big guard, as well. However, I don't dispel that MM has an interest in Caitlin Clark, having just visited Iowa a few weeks back. (I would be a most happy camper seeing Clark and Campbell coming upcourt together....:) )

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey there.

While Parrish did, indeed, attend the Recruitapalooza, interaction between she and ND just kind of fizzled out. Heard from one or two folks that Syd and ND had agreed to "do their own way" and apparently that was the case.

Initially, some thought this may have to do with the pursuit of another wing, Haley Jones. But even taking that aside, some think Campbell's continued growth spurt (at 6 ft. now) positioned her in the same slot as Parrish. Plus, there's a familiar-sounding family that has produced a wing: Maddy Westbeld, a 6'2" prospect that recently took in a game with her parents.

Just some hypotheses but baybe Notre Dame thought she plateaued? That happens sometimes, the best players in 8th or 9th aren't always the best in 10th or 11th. As to why ND would not recruit the #11 player in the nation right in their state, maybe they aren't as high on her? Notre Dame is in her backyard so if anything they can see her more than say ESPN who has to go everywhere.

Reaction Score
This surprised me as well, Louisville mainly though. Are recruits cooling down on the Cardinals? This also tells me in a way that Notre Dame is likely all in on Caitlin Clark. One is a PG and the other a SG.. but they’re both just a “big guard” in ND’s offense. Might be a take for McGraw.
Clark and Parrish are so different that they would not alter each others recruitment. Clark is a true PG. Parrish projects as a wing

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Remember, ND also has a verbal commitment from Alli Campbell, the Pennsylvania guard who has grown into a 6' big guard, as well. However, I don't dispel that MM has an interest in Caitlin Clark, having just visited Iowa a few weeks back.

I like Campbell A LOT.. she actually took an unofficial to SC back in 2017 and was offered on the spot. She’s a good get. High IQ and steady. A winner. Back when we offered her, I said on CockyTalk that she’d probably end up in the 6’1/6’2 range so I’m not surprised at all she’s still growing.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm not sure but seems like some ND fans are asking the same question.
https://ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=mcgraw;pid=60523;d=this
@Orangutan is mentioned in the above thread and might know better.

Somehow I didn't see that I was tagged in this thread. Anyhow, Dillon already gave an accurate summary.

I'm not sure if she lost interest in ND or ND lost interest in her or if the lack of interest was mutual.

However, as noted, the "big wing" spot for ND was not a major need in 2020 with Campbell and even Brunelle (who I'm guessing will play 4 but find herself stationed at the 3-point line a good deal) in the mix.

From what I've come across on twitter, she's having a great senior year. So this definitely isn't one of those "eh, I thought she was overrated anyway" situations. Someone's getting a good one. My guess as of now is Oregon (pure speculation).

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Some news for Miss St.

Former Baylor guard Alexis Morris will be going on an official visit to Mississippi State this weekend!
Apparently Kim Mulkey ran out of patience, as Alexis didn't adhere to a level of conduct Mulkey expected in order for her to rejoin the team in Fall 2019. Kudos to Kim for trying, and I hope that Vic has more success (assuming she finds a home -- and a second chance -- in Starkville).

Reaction Score
Would she be able to play immediately in 2019 or would she have to sit out a year?

Reaction Score
Apparently Kim Mulkey ran out of patience, as Alexis didn't adhere to a level of conduct Mulkey expected in order for her to rejoin the team in Fall 2019. Kudos to Kim for trying, and I hope that Vic has more success (assuming she finds a home -- and a second chance -- in Starkville).

I think she needs to get out of Texas and away from her Hometown. But yes, she didn't adhere to the rules in order to rejoin the team. Good luck to her and whoever gets her. I hope they can keep her out of trouble, as she is really talented and I hate to see it wasted.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Would she be able to play immediately in 2019 or would she have to sit out a year?

Would be up to the NCAA approving her for immediate eligibility, so who knows. If she wasn't eligible immediately, would she lose an entire year of playing time? You have 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. She's already sitting out this year. Sometimes a 6th year is granted due to injuries, but that wouldn't be the case here.

Reaction Score

UK grabs one from Columbia, SC. Listed as 6-3 F averaging 12pts and 10 reb by Maxpreps. Not ranked by ESPNW or PN.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Mitchell likes to recruit in Dawn’s backyard. 2nd player he’s grabbed from the area in the last few years. He’s recruiting a few 2022s in our state as well, but I don’t think either are serious about Kentucky.

Leveretter isn’t a surprise to leave the state, although I had her going to UNC or FSU.

Reaction Score
Leveretter said she also considered Furman, Florida, Clemson, UNC Charlotte, Davidson, William and Mary and North Florida. She also had an offer from South Carolina.

Interesting, might be and up and coming kid

She had looks from other ACC and SEC schools too

Reaction Score
Leveretter isn’t a surprise to leave the state, although I had her going to UNC or FSU.

I guess Coach Staley didn’t think she was leaving the state since she offered her a scholarship.

Reaction Score
2021 6’3 G/F/C Rayah Marshall of Lynwood ca, finally has highlights on YouTube. Still think she will be a combo forward in college, she looks like Natasha Howard to me. Lynwood has produced two former McDonald’s all Americans in Sa’de Wiley-Gatewood (2003) and Lenita Sanford (2007).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
2021 6’3 G/F/C Rayah Marshall of Lynwood ca, finally has highlights on YouTube. Still think she will be a combo forward in college, she looks like Natasha Howard to me. Lynwood has produced two former McDonald’s all Americans in Sa’de Wiley-Gatewood (2003) and Lenita Sanford (2007).

As you know I've been on the Rayah bandwagon for quite some time now. 6"3 with PG skill was what first got my attention. She reminds me of the healthy version of Vicki Baugh.

Reaction Score
As you know I've been on the Rayah bandwagon for quite some time now. 6"3 with PG skill was what first got my attention. She reminds me of the healthy version of Vicki Baugh.

The greate Vicki Baugh, I forgot all about her, I defiantly see that comparison, I’m sure Marshall and Demetre will battle it out for a few California awards down the line.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I guess Coach Staley didn’t think she was leaving the state since she offered her a scholarship.

Never said she wasn't offered a scholarship. It's just not a surprise that she's leaving the state. She's a well known local basketball prospect and she's a good basketball player from an important AAU program that SC needs to keep close, of course she had an offer.

Reaction Score
The greate Vicki Baugh, I forgot all about her, I defiantly see that comparison, I’m sure Marshall and Demetre will battle it out for a few California awards down the line.
Okikiola Iriafen, too. She is ranked #6 by espnW, where Marshall is #4 and Demetre #8.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

UK grabs one from Columbia, SC. Listed as 6-3 F averaging 12pts and 10 reb by Maxpreps. Not ranked by ESPNW or PN.

Funny it is announced on day KY and SC are playing.

Reaction Score
So she’s down to her final 3 @SaraBejedi Top ranked PG from Finland set to announce her final decision soon

DyLk5NLXcAAuwQZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger